• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should parents be allowed to name their children ANYTHING they want?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm naming my kid "FALCON PUNCH!!!" complete with caps and exclamations points. It's going to be awesome when I need to hit him over something.

"FALCON PUNCH!!!, come here."

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No, they shouldn't, because it reflects on the most likely poor quality of the parents, and it is bad for the child because they will, at the very least, be mocked for the rest of their life they don't have their name changed.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Silence. Names should be legal. The kids feelings don't matter. There is no reason based in law that it shouldn't be allowed. Besides. The kid can go by whatever the hell he wants when he gets to school.

Parents should get to have fun.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Re: Should parents be allowed to name their children ANYTHING they want

On another note; the Mother brings you into this world, the least you could do is accept her chosen name for you.

That's like saying, the Mother brings you into this world, so its okay if she starts physically abusing you. (in an extreme example)

Not all parents are flawless in their parenting, or even capable of parenting properly, and giving ridiculous names is just another instance where they can detrimentally affect the child.

Saying that, as long as it's made easy for children to change their names, then parents giving their children weird names isn't too much of an issue.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Eh, I think there's nothing wrong with having an unusual name, but I think it gets to a point where the name isn't just unusual, it's freakish. :/ I mean, the parents have to think of their children. Dunno about them but I'd hate to know my child was being bullied in school for having a weird name I gave it. Fair enough if the child could shrug it off, but otherwise...
<3

Ditto. But I think they should have to change their name later if they are embarrassed by it, not saying that unique names are bad but I'm sure there alot of names that haven't been made up yet.

No people should not be aloud to name their children anything they want.

Aloud? Don't you mean, allowed? XD Anyway, yeah, I agree but then again couldn't they change it when they are older?

Actual name as in something like... Kevin or Peter. [though it depends on the country D:] Parents shouldn't go around naming their child inanimate objects or phrases that have something to do with an item. Those as a nickname are one thing, but as an actual name? That's just too weird...

Yeah and I would think that the weird names should go to like a book or some kind of comic character or some random stuff where it doesn't really exist in reality...but yeah, I agree with this as well.

Why not just name all the kids "Kid One", "Kid Two", "Kid Three" according to birth?
That way, nobody is left out. ;D

Then again, would those who are named that really appreciate that? They'd still get laughed at. I know for a fact if I got named that, I would strongly dislike it and get my name changed--no matter what.

And I do have a question: I'm just wondering if their parents named their children at birth, how does a child gets to decide because they are young and don't know anything?
I get what your saying but isn't that what name changing is all about when they grow older? I do agree that a child should have their name change if they don't like (of course unless it's a common name like John or Sarah). And yes, I think a child should be able to choose their own names and not their parents...unless their parents know what they are naming their child these days...

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
The mothers and fathers of the children with said names are most probably unfit to be parents. Either that or they're just loons.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
The mothers and fathers of the children with said names are most probably unfit to be parents. Either that or they're just loons.

More often than not both are the answer...

lol@Jordan+PeterAndre calling their child Princess...

In all honesty I couldn't actually give a toss, so long as I don't get to meet these people that is, in which case I will laugh at them, consistently.

T

Tattered Rebirth

Hey, how about the name 'Coco Crisp'? Anybody else think that's got to be one of the gayest names ever?

Awards
Some people were talking about a whole heap of these in class. I forgot all of them.
But the guy from My Name is Earl apparently named his son Pilot Inspector.

T

Tattered Rebirth

And that man, is an idiot. Sure, he's somewhat famous. But why do famous people think they have the right to name their kids anything, even something like "Apple?" Famous parents or not, they're going to get picked on at school.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
And that man, is an idiot. Sure, he's somewhat famous. But why do famous people think they have the right to name their kids anything, even something like "Apple?" Famous parents or not, they're going to get picked on at school.
Kids will get picked on never the less, crazy name or not. What is and isn't a name shouldn't be up to people outside of the family to decide, especially not the Government.

If people want to name their kids shit like Master bater, FALCON PUNCH! or other creative crap then let 'em. Parents made the kids they should at least get to have some fun with their names.

We black people have been doing this for years so don't you dare try to take it away from everybody now.

T

Tattered Rebirth

haha, black people doing it for years. Not to be racist, but it's true. Look at Red Sox player, Coco Crisp. He was named Coco, of all things!

My kid's name is going to be pretty awesome too, you know! I just, don't know what it'll be yet...xD

Joy

Bronze Member
Uh, no, there should be absolutely no laws on children names at all.

T

Tattered Rebirth

...so, if you were named something retarded like Wagon Wheels, or even Two Dogs F*cking, you wouldn't care?

P.S. Those names came from jokes.

Joy

Bronze Member
If I was name Wagon Wheels, I'd probably end up having a nickname. And yeah, it's ****ed up and all, but in the end, it doesn't necessarily matter.

Edit: If I had a girl, I would name her coco.

T

Tattered Rebirth

xD I'd find it hilarious if someone I knew was named Two Dogs F*cking. If it was me, probably not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back