• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should BBS/BBSFM be ported to the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do You Think BBSFM should be ported over to 3DS?

• Yes, BBS in 3D!!!

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • I could care less

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Hey the HD remaster thread is so popular. I thought I would discuss if a porting of BBS(FM) is possible to the 3DS. It wouldn't seem difficult to do since BBS's game engine is really similar's to DDD's game engine.

And it doesn't have to be a physical release either. Digital release are cheap and easy. BBSFM can be translated and pulling off the 3D professionally isn't that hard (Only needs a second camera view, see sig for BBS 3D on PSP). Other PSP titles are being ported to the 3DS also.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: BBS 3DS Porting Discussion Thread

You guys should word thread titles better, (i.e. "Would you like to see BBS on the 3DS system?") I almost thought this was news. Also, you pretty much have this same topic in a thread advertised in your signature, dude.

We pretty much have no chance of seeing a localized Final Mix soon. Just import the PSP version and patch it. I agree it would look pretty wicked on the 3DS though.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

There's several things wrong with the idea, regardless of whether or not it'd be an FM port. Why the 3DS? Would the port make an appropriate profit? What kind of difficulties would the development team encounter?

It wouldn't seem difficult to do since BBS's game engine is really similar's to DDD's game engine.

La fuq? I never heard that before. The PSP and 3DS are drastically different handhelds.

And it doesn't have to be a physical release either. Digital release are cheap and easy. BBSFM can be translated and pulling off the 3D professionally isn't that hard (Only needs a second camera view, see sig for BBS 3D on PSP).
Nintendo hasn't been known for releasing full-fledged downloadable games. Even then, you have to consider whether or not Nintendo would even be allowed to put it up for digital release.

Other PSP titles are being ported to the 3DS also.
Such as?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Nah this thread is for discussion like the HD thread. I used my sig to prove that BBS can run in 3D, which is the most important thing when running games on a 3DS.

Edit :
Few PSP ports
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2
Sega title Crush

Nayru's Love

Awards

Nah this thread is for discussion like the HD thread. I used my sig to prove that BBS can run in 3D, which is the most important thing when running games on a 3DS.
Technically no, if a 3DS can play DS games. Even as a 3DS game, it doesn't have to utilize 3D. Case in point, Devil Survivor: Overclocked. What's important is how much work would be involved in formatting everything from the PSP version to a hypothetical 3DS version.

Edit : Few PSP ports
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2
Sega title Crush
Fair enough. I won't say BBS would be as easy to port as the aforementioned games, although the fact that there are PSP-to-3DS ports does support your argument.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
It's also an opportunity to release BBS to the masses. The 3DS will definitely have a larger install base then the PSP. This allows more people to buy and play the game especially since many Kingdom Hearts fans didn't have a PSP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The 3D your other link is showing is completely different from the 3D on the 3DS. It will take quite some time to optimize the game to fit 3D. Not that long, but enough time where I'd rather see the game included in a HD collection rather than on the 3DS. Quite honestly, I think KH games are best experienced on your television and that is where I want to see the series head.

Sub-Lead Programmer said:
Creating the system that would allow all the scenes to be viewed in 3D without falling apart was very difficult. If there are errors in the graphics it will be exposed in the 3D picture, so I had to fine-tune it over and over.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It's also an opportunity to release BBS to the masses. The 3DS will definitely have a larger install base then the PSP. This allows more people to buy and play the game especially since many Kingdom Hearts fans didn't have a PSP

Maybe over time, but the PSP is old and A LOT of people still own them despite Nintendo's pro marketing skills. The 3DS is still young, but you also need to remember that Birth By Sleep hasn't been out for 2 years.

While the idea is nice, it just doesn't seem necessary at the moment.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't mind it, but I'd much rather an HD remastering to PS3. It'd take about as much time to reoptimize the game for 3D as it would to just remaster it.

Last edited:

PhantomSoD

I'd be cool with it just because I'm looking for something to do with my 3ds. But it would just make more sense on a console. Although it would look cool. There aren't that many visuals in BBS to compliment the 3D like DDD does with the falling sequences going to new worlds and whatever else square through in there (didn't play yet.). After a while, you'd get used to it and just forget you even have the 3d on, but full HD remastering would give the fans a chance to play games they missed due to console spreading as well as just make the games look awesome in a whole new way.

Nayru's Love

Awards

I'd imagine most fans who didn't play BBS didn't do so because they weren't interested in handheld titles to begin with. You'd have a better chance selling the game as an HD Collection with other titles.

Lars

Dont see it happen actually, it would be nicer if they make a Remake of Days in 3D, it would be a much better game. :)

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

Nintendo hasn't been known for releasing full-fledged downloadable games. Even then, you have to consider whether or not Nintendo would even be allowed to put it up for digital release.

So... did you completely miss Nintendo's that they're going to start releasing full 3DS titles digitally and physically simultaneously? 3D is actually one of these titles. Sounds like Square-Enix/Disney is on board.

In any case, I'd like to see an HD version on a console before a 3DS port.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I agree that I would rather BbS not be ported to 3DS and rather it be remastered for PS3 if anything else, but just saying, Nintendo is jumping on board the whole full-fledged downloadable games boat. Super Mario Bros. 2, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kingdom Hearts DDD are all games off the top of my head that they are going to release downloadable as well as retail ;D

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
While it sounds good in theory, I just can't see how porting BbS to the 3DS would be a good idea, especially since I think that would take more time than it should away from another project, or even from the chances of it being released in an HD collection. In all honesty, with the exception of Re:Coded because I can never see it being remastered for the consoles, I wouldn't want a remaster on the 3DS/port.

Plus, it's like others have said, DDD has elements in it that make the 3D pop and dazzling; BbS wasn't made specifically for 3D and would just feel like a terrible excuse to get consumers to repurchase a game that has nothing new (even if it's FM) and barely any 3D opportunities to wow the audience.

I would, however, be on board for a 3DS remaster of Re:Coded <3 Even if that is an entirely different topic in itself.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Plus, it's like others have said, DDD has elements in it that make the 3D pop and dazzling; BbS wasn't made specifically for 3D and would just feel like a terrible excuse to get consumers to repurchase a game that has nothing new (even if it's FM) and barely any 3D opportunities to wow the audience.

I think BbS might have been originally intended for 3D, I mean there are two very big, jiggling reasons why men would definitely buy the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I think BbS might have been originally intended for 3D, I mean there are two very big, jiggling reasons why men would definitely buy the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So that's where they got the idea to interact with Dream Eaters on the Touch Screen from.

Oh SE, I should have never doubted you =3

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It would help people to follow along if they can play all of the handheld entries on a single portable. Provided CoM gets a VC release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back