• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shirts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Muse

you look atrocious
Um. So. How do conventions happen where fanart is sold? Because they'd be shut down if that were true. Fanart and its sales are protected under Creative Commons.

And again I ask you how do conventions and people selling fanart online happen? They definitely don't get the rights to do it. CREATIVE COMMONS.

if it were a parody, criticism, or intended for education, there would be no problem

but as it's for ~PROFIT~ that's what makes it illegal and even creative commons can't cover that

and also a lot of cons ban third-party products, such as fanart, but because they don't bother checking to make sure it's a-ok and/or they know that if they kick out one person selling fanart, they have to kick out all the people selling fanart and seeing how much money artist alleys make, that's not very profitable so they look the other way

just because they do that, though, doesn't make it right :u

http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/05/13/the-messy-world-of-fan-art-and-copyright/

fanart, while technically infringing on the artist's right, is usually kosher except when they profit from the fanart

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The real reason people are able to sell fanart, fan products with the images, etc. is because it's hard to regulate. Do you really think a Nintendo rep is going to come in a con and start yelling at some girl selling handmade Pokeballs? No.
But say, Homestuck, for example, which is under a rather strict no sale policy, Hussie announced he doesn't want people selling anything related to his work. Feel free to give it out, but don't get a profit from it; and then a wave of Homestuck people attack you if you ever even mention money for your product until it's removed... Kinda scary. And annoying, honestly. You can't even sell premade horns or cosplay props at this point though I'm not even sure Hussie meant it to go that far.

Now, that said, hey, I could use a shirt, I might pay depending on how it looks.

CactusAce

Awards
I'd buy something if it was under $20.

You could maybe have shirts with KHInsider on them, with the different ranks below it and a different colour scheme fo each.
Nobody= Grey/silver
Heartless= Red/Black
And so on. Maybe site staff get their own T-Shirt or something.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's much more cost efficient to agree on 1-3 designs and go from there, get someone nice enough to buy enough for the people interested, and have everyone who wants one to pay shipping and for their shirt. I don't know I'm really just trying to be realistic. Jerseys sound cool and all but really that's one shirt being made for one specific person. If you want a shirt with your screen name on it, screen printing and fabric paint isn't as scary as it seems

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If they came in Tall sizes, I'd buy that kupo out of them.
for reals.

edit: Max $25 + Shipping is what I would say with price.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I've never understood the concept of selling shirts to make a profit. Several websites like Team Four and Fakku sell them, but what's the point. They're kinda like free pens. They're cool and all, you use em a couple of times and then its like w/e.

If this were to happen, there's no way I'd pay more than $20 and that's with shipping included.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've never understood the concept of selling shirts to make a profit. Several websites like Team Four and Fakku sell them, but what's the point. They're kinda like free pens. They're cool and all, you use em a couple of times and then its like w/e.

If this were to happen, there's no way I'd pay more than $20 and that's with shipping included.
You don't wear pens though. You lose those things.

And you always want to make at least what you spend when selling something. At best gain profit. It'd be dumb otherwise.

Also who wears a shirt 2 times and stops? Seriously, what a waste...

Back