• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shamu kills trainer in Orlando

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
That woman did something wrong. Sorry, but that's not how trained animals work. They don't attack randomly. Especially not animals that have been trained for so many years.

One of the following is what actually happened:
1) She did something wrong, either purposely or accidentally, that provoked the whale.

2) She regularly mistreats the whale and thus the whale didn't want her on it's back.(Hopefully, this isn't the case. Very possible though, not gonna rule it out.)

Did you even read what happened?

The girl fell in. This probably spooked or startled the orca if it was a random occurrence. Its more likely the orca was stressed out and this triggered an attack. The orca has had violent tendencies in the past, which means this was a build up. There is no one to blame.

ZackFair

You know their called killer whales for a reason. Why cant anybody understand that? But nooo instead of staying away from the killer whale were going to swim and play with it.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Sorry im not going to go look at your post. Your not important.

Then don't post in a thread that is already in a heated debate if you are too lazy to figure out what has been said and discussed. You are bringing in old points that have been proven wrong, thus giving you the appearance of an ass.

ZackFair

Then don't post in a thread that is already in a heated debate if you are too lazy to figure out what has been said and discussed. You are bringing in old points that have been proven wrong, thus giving you the appearance of an ass.
Its called joking? Being sarcastic? Ever heard of it? And on the news it said that the whale was just doing what was natural. And thats killing. Weather it be whales or not. SO you sir are being an ass.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Its called joking? Being sarcastic? Ever heard of it? And on the news it said that the whale was just doing what was natural. And thats killing. Weather it be whales or not. SO you sir are being an ass.

A killer whale isn't a whale. It is a dolphin. All animals kill. It is called hunting. A dog kills. Its natural. A cat kills. It is natural. What is your point? That you have no idea what the orca is or what it does? Then I agree.

ZackFair

A killer whale isn't a whale. It is a dolphin. All animals kill. It is called hunting. A dog kills. Its natural. A cat kills. It is natural. What is your point? That you have no idea what the orca is or what it does? Then I agree.
Okay ill give you that one I did not know that the killer whale is a dolphin. I thought dolphins were called dolphins but okay. And my point is that people shouldn't play with a dolphin, or any animal that is dangerous. You wouldn't let your kid ride a pitbull. So why would you ride a dolphin that is known for killing things in the wild? Much bigger things for that matter.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Okay ill give you that one I did not know that the killer whale is a dolphin. I thought dolphins were called dolphins but okay. And my point is that people shouldn't play with a dolphin, or any animal that is dangerous. You wouldn't let your kid ride a pitbull. So why would you ride a dolphin that is known for killing things in the wild? Much bigger things for that matter.

Learn about species. Really. Taming a wild animal is risky, but some people take those risks so they can educate others. They want to educate them to help the animals thrive. I would let my kid ride a pitbull. Why? Because its ignorant to think that all pitbulls are killers when they can be the sweetest things if they aren't smacked around and treated like shit. They kill for food. That is it. So unless you are a seal, you are not that appetizing to an orca.

Firo

Oh Crap
You wouldn't let your kid ride a pitbull.
Why not?
I would let my kid ride a pitbull. Why? Because its ignorant to think that all pitbulls are killers when they can be the sweetest things if they aren't smacked around and treated like shit.
Respect +10 right there.

But Ulti is right. Instinct is bound to take over at some point. But do I know killer whales? No. But I highly doubt a trained killer whale would attack with something as simple as someone falling into its tank.

Last edited:

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Honestly, regardless of what the trainer would of wanted (from what has been said in updates), I'm still wondering why this whale wasn't put down or released into the wild sooner. If an animal (be it Zoo Animal or the family dog) had violent tendencies in the past, most would put the animal down, especially if it seriously injured or killed before. Now, I undertstand that this is a different story, but still.. if it kills, it might kill again, so leaving something that's killed before alive isn't a good idea imo.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Honestly, regardless of what the trainer would of wanted (from what has been said in updates), I'm still wondering why this whale wasn't put down or released into the wild sooner. If an animal (be it Zoo Animal or the family dog) had violent tendencies in the past, most would put the animal down, especially if it seriously injured or killed before. Now, I undertstand that this is a different story, but still.. if it kills, it might kill again, so leaving something that's killed before alive isn't a good idea imo.

Beautiful thought pattern. This orca has temper issues. Let's kill it so it isn't our problem anymore :D Or better yet, push it into the sea when it has not the necessary survival techniques to live a week! Who gives a shit about the orca anyways? Despite the fact we are trying to save the orca!

wooooot

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
But it's turned those issues into killing someone, right? I don't know. I'm sure they're endangered, so maybe that's not a good idea. I guess they could try to rehabilitate it and find a means to eliminate the stress.

Firo

Oh Crap

Let's think for a moment. We're talking about Seaworld, a HUGE contributor in wildlife conservation. Putting an animal down is against everything they stand for. DURR.

Plus if this animal was released it would be fucked. It's fed by hand. It lacks the survival skills that are needed to survive in the wild.
Turn on Animal Planet or read a book.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
But it's turned those issues into killing someone, right? I don't know. I'm sure they're endangered, so maybe that's not a good idea. I guess they could try to rehabilitate it and find a means to eliminate the stress.

It is a wild animal. Wild. It reacted naturally. You can't kill it outright for doing what it is supposed to do when its in an unnatural surrounding.

Firo

Oh Crap
It's a (say it with me) WILD ANIMAL

A

Azrael

It's a (say it with me) WILD ANIMAL

Which makes it perfectly natural that it took that stress out on the trainer. It was an accident. Nothing more and nothing less.

Shame for the family. I bet they plan to sue.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
what I don't understand is that they think she was killed because of her pony tail, but they've worked together for so long, I can't believe how stupid americans really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back