• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Seeing Double

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordplay

Sora, Donald and Goofy go into the door in Disney Castle and are sent back in time. Cutscene ends and now we have retro-Sora Donald and Goofy. They run into retro-Pete and the story for this world insues. SWOosh!! Now were back in present day at Villians Vale with Malificent and present-Pete. Malificent throws a fit about how Pete is useless and leaves. Then, the other "back-in-time" door appears before Pete. He reminesces(sp?) of the old days and decides to go through the door. So, Sora and crew have already run into past-Pete correct? And now they run into Present-Pete in the past, thus creating two Petes? How can there be two petes? In that case, shouldn't Donald and Goofy have remained there present day selves and then run into there retro-selves just like Pete? Is there some sort of explianation for there being 2 petes somewhere that i missed? Or was there, like i suspect, a lack of sufficient a boss for the Steamboat Willie world so they just created a plot hole and hoped players would just accept it?
Its not that important to the story, but it still bothers me.

O yeh, completely off topic but i just noticed that if you look closely at the Ultima Weapon from KH you can see the Dream Sword built into it. Ive had that game for 7 years and played it through countless times and i just now noticed it.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Different methods were used in which to get there? I'm not sure... Although, if there weren't, the only real explanation I can think of is that past Donald and Goofy were elsewhere while Present Sora and Co. went to Timeless River

Swordplay

o, ok umm im guessing england maybe?
well i have a 8:00 o'clock lit class in the moring.....
but sadly my body is refusing to let me sleep for some reason

Swordplay

no wait not england, somewhere in the west
like hawaii of japan or somethin
just noticed the pm, not am

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I'm the same way.
Don't double post though, use the EDIT button.

Lancelot

Awards
Not quite... Australia, but anywho, back on topic, expanding on different methods on which they travelled there, Merlin we know made Sora and Co.'s door, but who/what made Pete's?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I think it was Pete's memories that summoned the Door.

Swordplay

yeh i know, it kinda just randomly appeared in front of pete in villans vale, i hate unexplained stuff like that

Lancelot

Awards
But that's what makes the fun of finding out for ourselves.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I always wondered why future-pete never changed appearance. The boss battle would have been more fun if you had to find out which Pete it was.

Swordplay

yeh maybe, another question about the Steamboat Willie world-
Nomura said that the heartless didnt exist in the time of BBS, which was roughly 10 years prior to the events of KH2.
If so, how were there heartless in the Timeless River world? which, i presume, is alot older than the happenings of BBS
unless pete let them in to the past, but sora and crew were fighting heartless in that world before present-Pete got there so it still doesnt make since

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
yeh maybe, another question about the Steamboat Willie world-
Nomura said that the heartless didnt exist in the time of BBS, which was roughly 10 years prior to the events of KH2.
If so, how were there heartless in the Timeless River world? which, i presume, is alot older than the happenings of BBS
unless pete let them in to the past, but sora and crew were fighting heartless in that world before present-Pete got there so it still doesnt make since

Maleficent sent the Heartless there.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Maybe Merlin had somthing to do with it, if Maleficent had the power to change the past by sending heartless there, maybe Merlin made Goofy and Donald's past selves go away in order to not screw up the timeline further.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Maybe Merlin had somthing to do with it, if Maleficent had the power to change the past by sending heartless there, maybe Merlin made Goofy and Donald's past selves go away in order to not screw up the timeline further.
But, wouldn't Pete meeting his past self screw up the timeline?

I just think it was overlooked. I personally think it would have been cool if they had met up with their past selves.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
It would have been impossible. I mean, in Disney the Mickey and Donald universe, although linked, are very different and didn't start at the same time. When Mickey was created, Donald didn't exist yet, and since KH2 kind of tried to follow the Disney story in its world, Donald either didn't exist in TR or was in the ancestor of Duckburg.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
But, wouldn't Pete meeting his past self screw up the timeline?

I just think it was overlooked. I personally think it would have been cool if they had met up with their past selves.

If Merlin had something to do with Goofy and Donald's absence, There would have been no way that he could have predicted that Pete would come into ther picture, therefore leaving him as is in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back