• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Second KH Piano Collections out on 1/13

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
The second collection of KH songs done on piano will be released on 1/13/2010. But no track listing yet.

Composer Yoko Shimomura sends us her love by saying:

Hello! Yoko Shimomura here.

My second album of Piano Collections for Kingdom Hearts will soon be here! I can't believe that I'd have another album coming out so soon after the first one. I really can't thank all of you enough for your support. Is there anyone out there that listened to the special song I recorded for Square-Music Sampler Vol. 4? This time (as I hope I did last time!) I think I'll be recording some really awesome music. I can't tell you which songs yet, you'll have to wait for January for that.

Thank you so much!

Given that the album is subtitled "Field & Battle", the songs will probably mostly be just that. Which will be awesome because KH battle music is awesome.

And don't forget to check out the teaser site:
PIANO COLLECTIONS KINGDOM HEARTS Field & Battle

Athel

Machinist
I want a piano Vim and Vigor and Rage Awakened.

Then I will be happy.

jean1000695

Website
slumberingirl.wordpress.com
Finally, some KH news!

Too bad that some of us can't import the OST to other countries, either to the lack of money or we are just too lazy to do it. Hmm, some yummy battle music at last, thought it's going to be the BBS soundtrack. Heh~
Anyway, I knew this today even before you post it. Nice find though.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
I am hoping that they play some of the songs of 358/2 days like xion's battle theme and the riku final battle music. That would be awesome.

A

Audo

Is there anyone out there that listened to the special song I recorded for Square-Music Sampler Vol. 4?
Sinister Sundown, so good.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So it's coming out after BBS and she cant tell us what songs will be one there (Maybe because it is BBS songs and since BBS has not been released, she cant tell us the names of the songs).

A

Audo

So it's coming out after BBS and she cant tell us what songs will be one there (Maybe because it is BBS songs and since BBS has not been released, she cant tell us the names of the songs).

Or it could just be the fact that she hasn't recorded it yet, and thus hasn't settled on a final track list.

Blizzara

That's awesome news! I got the first one and love it. I hope the second will include some of those I wish were in the first!

It's called Field & Battle, so... if not Xion's theme, at least her battle theme maybe? ^^'
I'd also really love to hear Hollow Bastion, Scherzo di Notte, Sacred Moon and Deep Drive. Those four are awesome songs.

Last edited:

Negative

I hope they play Happy Holidays, even though that song's also been played to death. I just really want to hear it on piano, and I also want there to be a chance for sheet music, sense there really isn't any of it yet.

Hueco*Cielo

I certainly hope they include the first song from the TGS trailer, it was lovely...
Playing Roxas' theme from the first Collection is a real treat, lots of fun! Playing Working Together is a real PAIN. Holy crap that piece is HARD!

Shimomura-sensei has MAD skills!

Lvng

Wonder if "Field" includes something like "Destiny Islands", because I was so disappointed that it wasn't on the last album.

Destati would be a treat, but it may be a bit too strange for a piano solo. "The Force in You" also seems quite likely. And wouldn't everyone just love "Fate of the Unknown". I can see "A Fight to the Death" being the next Concert paraphrase equivalent.

This, and a Deep Dive piano ver. > The 13th Side.
Wonder if the reduced price means less tracks...

Edit: The album art can be found here.

Last edited:

Blizzara

Bumping this up to point out that there's a link to the BBS website on the Piano Collections 2 Page... And vice-versa. So either they're just promoting each other, or there will indeed be BBS songs in the next album. =D

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
God I love the first Piano Collection I really cannot wait for the second collection ;-;

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I would love to see Xion's theme (saddest song ever), Destati, Deep Dive, and Fate of the Unknown. None of those are field music, but I can dream, can't I? Of the actual field music, I would like to see Sinister Sundown, Vim and Vigor, Face It!, Scherzo Di Notte, and Lazy Afternoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back