• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scared of High School

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyxshalott

Hey ,Don't be afraid/scared make a confident entrance.It'll be fun meet new people and make new friends.I was terrified at first, but meeting up with friends before class starts can help.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
ahhh im a junior in high school. Dont be nervous. its not like jail or anything. its fun most of the time. If u have friends that are just going to high school too u should be fine. if u dont then u are screwed LOL im just joking. ummmm if bullies try to um bully you then dont back down and if u have dumb teachers then just scream bloody murder and kiss your college education goodbye. again im just jjoking. High School isnt that bad for your first 2 years it kinda sucks but once u get used to your surooundings and become a upperclassman (like me!!!) u will be a-ok. but even now when u are a freshman if u hang with your friends and have a good time and do your homework u will have a great time at high schol.

I hope i helped a little. Have a good time at High School!!!!!

master_riku1

The Hellraisers
Website
www.khplace.net
Don't worry man, that is how it was for me last year. I remember when I was right there at highschool I was trembling cause everyone made it a big deal. But wow it isn't that bad at all, you have alot more freedom than you did in middle school. Just chill when you get there, it won't be bad at all unless you just attract bullying. /;

ladyxshalott

Ah yes, all of the upperclassmen would walk around,the first week, saying things like 'stupid freshman' looking at us like we were some freaks. It was an awesome year after all,made new friends.Though I did get a teacher that when you asked her a question she gave you an answer that didn't even relate to the question.^^;;

PurestOfHeart

Hey don't worry about High School. Sure, everyone makes it seem really scary at first, but once you start making new friends and relax a bit more, you'll be fine. I left school four months ago, and the first three terms were quite tough, but once you get used to your surroundings and such, it isn't that bad. I hope that helps you, have fun at High School! :D

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
She Who Knows said:
I'm goin' to my first year of high school monday and I'm scared ;_;
Any words of advice/encouragment for me?Q_Q

Dont worry!! It may seem really scarey, but it's not! Im currently in high school too. The first day is kinda werid cuz you dont know anyone and dont know where the classes are and such...but it'll pass! then you'd make friends and get used to everything!!Think of all the opertunaties!! Good luck!! High school can be fun

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
What's so scary about high school? Honestly. It's just school.

Sure they'll be people older than you but there were people older than you when you started grade 1. There's not much of a differance. And sure "the school work will be heaps harder" but you're eased into everything like you were in Primary or whatever.

There's nothing to be afraid of. Geez.

Keji

mmm advice.... advice....ah!
don't be afraid to talk aloud... usually shy silent ppl are ignored throughout the year.. and also..don't let your first words be something bad.. just think of it as regular conversation..don't hang out w/ppl that all they talk about how hot that chick is or how cute that guy is (those conversations are boring as hell) try to find ppl that you know you can trust...be a teamsperson......im weird! :D

enygma

high school is easy to meet new people. lol just be an asshole to the same person everyone is being an asshole to. smoke sme drugs and get drunk. of course i didn't really do any of that and i was kinda a loser in high school, and now every "cool" person is working a part time job at mickey-d's which i find pretty funny. while im making twice as much to drive around all day and hopefully soon be makin about 5 grand a month soon. so yeah. i dunno how to help you really. but deffinatly if a bully steps up then dont back down...trust me he will(most of the time)and if he doesn't back off then chance aree he's a wuss who thinks he's the shit anyways so kick his ass..or pull her hair (only if your a girl too)lol if i ever here of a guy on this forum hitting a girl I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND MURDER YOU...and your parents for making you...maybe.anyways couple funny stories. one bully guy thaught he was the shit one day pinned me against a locker and was all "you wanna go bitch" and i was all "*reaches for pants zipper*sure where" and he backed off and came back with like 5 of his huge buddies. so i got a few of my buddies and all the other guys left without even a word. funny story #2 shrimpy little guy thaught he was cool threw a basketball and hit me in the face(if thats ever happened to you, you know the pain)so i picked it you and whipped it back at him as hard as i could and smoked him in the balls(purely an accident i meant to hit him in the face or shoulder) about a week later he was pickin a fight i was like sure i guess. he all walked up and punched me in the stomach...and i didn't even flinch this kid was weak. then he got all scared and ran away. lol I also worked out a bit in high school so i ws skinny but built i just didn't look it. anways moral of the stories...all bullies are weak or all talk. Oh yeah and if you dont wanna get nto drugs or anything dont, but seriousy dude if you go to a party at least have a couple drinks. maybe a beer or 2

C

cam ron 77

anything thats new is scary. when i first came to middle school it was awkward. everything was new.the teachers, the classes, the school,the whole system. it was alot to get used to. but i was lucky that i got to meet up with my friends, trust me, that a big convidence boost. meeting new people is fun. just take it easy.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
She Who Knows said:
I'm goin' to my first year of high school monday and I'm scared ;_;
Any words of advice/encouragment for me?Q_Q

I wasn's scared but I was both anxious and excited. But don't worry about it, once you start doing work (which we have) then you'll get used to walking around 500 people you don't know. I started my first day last Monday and just finished my first week as a freshman.

axelslegwarmer

Website
www.luciferownsme.deviantart.com
High school is more fun than middle school. People aren't as big jerk-offs in high school, but there's still a few dumbbutts.

My high school has clubs which makes everything so much more bearable. This year coming, I'll be vice prez of anime club.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Lol, I was some what afraid. But on the first day I realized how ridiculous it was to be. I guess the only advice anyone can really give you is be confident(but not overly confident) and try to have fun. I'd tell you to get involved, but I didn't and i'm doing fine, though I suppose it's fun if you get involved also. Just find a group of friends that's like your safety.

It's not like regular school(well, my other school) in the sense that there are so many new people to meet, so if you really didn't fit in all that well in your other school, you can probably find a group now. I'm actually kinda looking forward to going back(grade 10 now) but ya, it also helps if you've had some siblings that have already gone through XP that's how I met a few older people, but there are also some older people that're really nice, and would perhaps speak to you.

I dunno, I can only speak of my experience. Either way, it's really not as bad as it's made out to be.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
@-@ She's fourteenish...she doesn't need beer/drink/drugs/cigs..! (Please tell me you're a girl..I'm awful with genders...)

To start, it all kinda depends on the HS. :/ I'll give you advice on what I gave my brother (he'll be a Freshman) and hope it works. I'll be a Junior, btw.

1) Don't do drugs. -.- Seriously, they get addicting after a while and then you can end up as a drug addict and get a bad reputation. Your grades may go down and you really shouldn't ruin your High School career by doing drugs. HS is pry going to be the best/most fun time of your life. Really wish to ruin it with alcohol and such?

2) The upperclassmen aren't bad. They aren't really, not where I live. Pretty much you have to know who to stay away from. Mainly because there will be those jerks who will get angry if you step on their wrong side. But so long as you're a good kid and don't pick fights with them you're golden.

3) Study. Seriously, I hate studying, and so therefore I don't..I'm a bad example, my test scores aren't the greatest, I could get better. But do study, it does help.

4) Do your homework and such. Your homework may end up being more of a percentage on your final grade than some other things. For one of my classes I believe it was 40%...yeah, it makes your life oh so much easier to do your homework.

5) Meet new people, your class and peers will be graduating with you..getting on bad sides really can't be a god thing. -.- Make new friends and if someone does pick on you, ignore them, they're not worth your time and are rather immature for picking on someone. ^^;

6) Have the time of your life. Enjoy and it don't throw it away, do what you want, just don't get into trouble. Meh, it's your life and you should use it the way you want, and advice never hurts.

and 7) Don't argue with the teachers, they hold the detention slips.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I tell you this much from my first year all you got to do is not act scared and you're sure to meet a couple of new people soon and also no one might even talk about you or bully you most are trying to get out of school anyway especially 11th and 12th graders

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
Hey, I remember my irst day last year and it was scary but when I got there it wasn't so bad. I found my friends(who don't do drugs or drink) and we learned to have fun. But a word of advice, unless you want every girl to hate you stay away from upper class man girls boysfriends.

~Life~

The old member
hey i just got through my freshmen year and it was really good. I was afraid at first but grew ti like highschool. I am looking forward to going back next month. :D

~*AqUaTeEn*~

Scared of high school?

Well, I'm going to be a senior this year, so I'm not scared, but when I was new to the place, oh my god, I was soooooo scared, and a bit lonely, because all my friends went to a different high school, so I had to make new ones.

For about a week, I had to eat lunch alone, do everything alone, I was just so depressed. I cried everyday I went to school and came back. I seriously hated it. The only person I knew was my older bro, who was a junior then.

I eventually made friends, but only because I was determined not to be a loser anymore. And now, I have a lot of them. It's all about the faith you have in yourself. Just be confident, and things should go ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back