• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~Sanctum Sanctorum~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Iris​

Iris stood there while listening to Marcus and crossed her arms as she tried to comprehend what he was telling her. She was intent on finding the situation of the world and when she was awakened. A century… that would be…

“A hundred YEARS?!” She asked, shocked by the amount of time that had passed since the last time she saw this world.

Her blue eyes shot down to the ground as she realized her father and mother were most likely deceased by this point. Chaos Weaver gathered the ultimate source of power, ruled the world for a few years and then disappeared. He destroyed this world to ruins and they probably are just now rebuilding themselves back up. Regret hit her as she thought about how many people she could have saved if her father didn’t force her to place a spell on herself. Now, the consequence is that her father is gone and her race is ancient. What was she to do now and why was she awakened when she would be of no use to this place.

“So…what exactly do I do now? Everything I had is now gone.” She sighed, leaning against the wall and sliding down it until she was sitting.

Reality began to hit her as she thought about what she has left; no family, no home, no influence on anyone and no one knows about her. How can she help anyone? It feels as if she is was programmed to be around people, help everyone and bring peace to them. She brought her knees up against her chest and sat there in a ball, trying to calculate the year. She was silent and she had no clue what she could say since she was on the brink of a mental breakdown. Her gaze was on one part of the ground and there she sat, motionless. What if Chaos was to come back to this world and that was the reason why she was brought back? She would just have to endure the feeling of loneliness, and move one so she can be strong for other people.

Last edited:

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
Marcus simply nodded in silence as he watched Iris’ shocked reaction from how long it had been since she had last opened her eyes.

“Well about hundred years, give or take a decade or two…” Marcus mumbled underneath his breath knowing that it wasn’t what Iris would want to hear right now. He tried not to stare at her as she continued to sulked in the corner as he figured that if he did it would only make her feel more isolated and alone. Having no idea how she could have felt losing everything she had once know in the blink of an eye, Marcus knew there was probably nothing he could say that would give her any form of comfort.

Not good. Marcus thought to himself as it was the first time he had taken his time to look around at the pit of the carven.

There seriously can’t be any way out, can there? Marcus wondered as he scratched the back of his head and quickly took another look around only to realize that all around them seemed to be towering smooth walls.

“Well the first thing WE need to do is try and figure out a way to get out of here cause from where I am standing right now I really see no way out.” Marcus said sounding a bit concerned as he looked back at Iris and wondered if she knew anything special about where they were that he didn’t.

“I know you feel as though you are completely alone in the world right now considering how everything you once knew and loved are things of the past. But just think that if you managed to survive after so many years what to say there aren’t other like you out there.” Marcus said as he walked over to where Iris was and stood directly in front of her.

“And beside right now you aren’t alone because I am here with you.” Marcus said as he extended his hand towards her as he wanted for her to hopefully accept so that he could help her up off the floor.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only

Iris​

Iris looked up as tears filled her eyes and tried to comprehend what he was saying. Did this mean that he would help her through this and wouldn’t just leave her here? He could just leave her after they get to the surface but she just had a feeling that he was trustworthy. She slipped her hand into his as she used some of his strength to get off of the ground. Her hand fell from his and went straight to the wall on the other side of the room. She felt around stone, ancient wall and tried to find something no one who was an outsider would find. It was about in the middle of the wall, a very small hole and she placed her hand through this hole that led to a handle. A loud creak came from the handle while she pulled it down and dust flew into the room as a doorway began to appear on the same wall.

“There is the door. This is the way I entered into this safe house. My father and I escaped here one night before Chaos achieved complete control.” She stated, running her hand down the wall and looked through the dark doorway.

For the first time, a wide grin appeared on her face as she realized how much she remembered and that she had just figured out the puzzle herself. She looked back at Marcus and just waited for him to praise her for her intelligence. Where would they go now? Down the hallways but what happens id the whole place in underground? Where would they go then?

“So if we just walk down this way then it takes only about two minutes to get to the entrance. We should come out in a study and then a living room and lastly a porch. It isn’t that far away. We should be going though since I don’t like just sitting here and waiting for the roof to cave in on us.” She said, putting her arm behind her back and waited patiently.

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
Carmen wasn't sure how to reply to Retto...the governemtn organization isn't one that many know about, infact it is almost a secret. Can she trust this guy?

"I've heard some news about some cool ruins found in the mountains. I'm a big fan of history and wanted to see if there might happen to be any documents or artifacts that survived." she replied with a sigh, maybe that is enough to make him not ask too many questions...and hopefully not ask too much about abilities or anything.

"So...you like to read? Have you read anything interesting lately? I haven't read much, but I do enjoy history, like I said." she smiled petting Amarus on the head, he began to pur and she kept petting him. It was really relaxing to scratch and pet the fur of the cat.

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
Marcus’ smile grew a little wider after Iris took his hand to help pick herself up off the floor. He then proceeded to watch her curiously as she began what he could only assume was searching the walls for some kind of secret switch or panel of some sort.

Even if there was a switch would it possibly still work after all of these ye… Before Marcus could even finish his thought he heard a loud creek and the sudden appearance of a doorway in front of them. He hears what Iris said about what to expect on the other side and he simply shook his head no.

“You do realize how many years it has been since you lasted walked through that passageway. I honestly doubt there will be a even a sign that a living room or study on the other end, cause if there was most likely everything in there has been pillaged or destroyed by now.” Marcus said in a fairly serious tone as he looked up above them before looking back at Iris.

“I doubt this place will be caving in anytime soon, you considering how it survived all these years so far…but as for what is on the other side of this passageway I guess we will find out once we get there.” Marcus said he walked past Iris and into the doorway of the passageway she had opened. Clenching his fist he tapped the walls of the passageway a bit in order to try and make sure it wouldn’t suddenly collapse on them after they walked deeper in.

“Seems to be sturdy enough, remind me to buy you dinner for making sure I don’t die starving to death in a dinky old cave.” Marcus said with a smile on his face after turning back around to look at Iris.

“I’m ready to go whenever you are.” Marcus said waiting for Iris before he planned on turning back around and walking through the passageway.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only

Iris

Iris looked back at the room where she had spent over a hundred years and then looked toward the dark hall. What was the result of the past on the present? She pushed by Marcus as she took the lead and felt her way through the corridor. Cobwebs covered the ceilings and dust coated the walls to where her hands were dirty from slightly touching the wall. The depth in the darkness began to change as they approached the room next to the secret room. She felt around the room, her fingers pressed up against the wood of a book shelf and the sound of paper filled the silence. She was surprised the paper still existed but it had been underneath the ground for a long time so it was preserved. Suddenly, Iris ran right into a solid piece of stone and as she squinted her eyes, a figure began to appear and then a face. It was a person. This person was encased by stone and was frozen before their very eyes.

Her heartbeat began to speed up as she realized that they were real humans that were encased in the stone. She was frightened by the thought of her old life being completely frozen and their remnants were still on this world. She began to run out of the room until she realized that Marcus was following her. She breathed in slowly and waited for him to follow. She continued down the next hall, this time at a faster pace. She almost ran through the living room, not caring about what was there and what wasn’t. The doorway was covered very much which meant that someo9ne had been in there once before. She paced in front of the doorway, trying to think of the fastest way to get these stones out of the way. The light peeked through a few holes and she could smell the fresh scent of the air.

“Well, here is the door. It is covered but it is not that bad. At least we can see some light.” She stated, leaning against the wall and sighed. “I need to get out of here.” She whispered.

Without hesitation, she began to move the smaller rocks she could pick up without any problems and then slowly, she started on the bigger ones. The light was beginning to fill the room more and more until suddenly, she picked the wrong stone and it fell toward them without any warning. She fell back, getting her foot stuck underneath a bigger boulder. She lay on the ground, staring up at the ceiling and felt like the clumsiest person in the world. Her ankle hurt just a little and she tried not move. The doorway was free and the air rushed into the room as it light up with sunlight. At least the exit was clear and they could be out of this hell hole soon.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Retto heard her explanation and thought it sounded somewhat fake but he was polite so he just pushed it aside. "Actually the book im returning is the history of our past." he said turning a corner and walking through the door of the Library. He walked up to the desk and saw a person tending to some books and turned away from them. "Im here to return a book." he said formely, trying to sound uninterested.

Gilbert was standing behind the counter tending to some books that had lost some of its spines. He heard the door open then shut, he paid no mind. "Im here to return a book." he heard someone say. He turned and his expression turned from not caring to that of happiness. "Retto you dog, how have you been." he said taking Retto's hand and pulling him into a hug. He then turned to the girl and asked; "Why hello, im sorry for not seeing you there my name is Gilbert Nightray, whats yours."

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
"Hello! My name is Carmen! I ran into Retto in town. Our animals seemed to have a little fight between them, but no problems." Carmen smiled and shaking Gilbert's and. "It is very nice to meet you!"

Gilbert's library was amazing. She had never really been in one before. Most of the time she read items she found in the many ruins. But this place had thousands of books! She wanted to run up to a shelf and just start reading. She couldn't believe this was how libraries really were.

"I wish I could have come to this place sooner! WOW! So many books, and so little time...." she spoke, almost gasping.

Amarus just yawned and put her claw into Carmen's neck. He was impatient to get on the mission, and to get outside for a really fun chase of some squirrels or mice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back