• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[RUMOR] Sonic Adventure 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I agree with Taylor. Many Sonic fans are too harsh towards the Werehog segments of Unleash. Yes, they are the complete opposite of the daytime sections: slow as hell, but it's like that because it's meant to be different. It's like a mini God of War segment in a Sonic game.

I also agree with Taylor, to a degree, concerning the Adventure games. They just haven't aged well. Weeks ago I replayed Sonic Adventure DX. There was a stage (can't remember which one was it), where I was running on the ramp, but Sonic just diddlying ran through the diddlying ramp, fell to his death and lost a live! I mean... da fuq? As a kid, we would have disregard that and continued to focus on clearing the stage. But now? You're conscious that what you cherished as a treasure, isn't actually a booty worth anything. Yes, the games are still fun and playable, but when you notice their flaws, you kinda don't seem them as enjoyable as they were in the past.

As to Adventure 2, I think the game was mediocre in terms of story, and a bit of gameplay. It's just that the game is so cool that you don't notice, or don't want to, recognize its flaws.

And this may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually enjoy the Sonic Boom cartoon. Yes, the cartoon, not the game, lol. I gave the Wii U game demo a try and, meh. It's cool, but it isn't a game that calls my attention or keep me going. Hell, the cartoon does a better job at that and is just an eleven minutes sketch. Granted, the cartoon isn't perfect either, but I think it has more to do with the fact that: a.) it isn't meant to be taken seriously, b.) nor does the cartoon take itself seriously

So to close, if you were to ask me what to do with the Sonic series, I would say to focus on producing cartoons, Animes, mangas and movies. Sonic X and Boom are good products (in my opinion though, if you were to ask me, X should have ended with Chris getting over the fact he has to say good bye to Sonic, even though that episode was weird, but from a psychological point of view, it was understandable)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
yeah i tried to marathon every main entry in the sonic franchise last summer. adventure took so much out of me that i finished adventure 2 and didn't have the heart to move on to heroes.

i think the night stages aren't THAT bad. they get a lot of unfair flack. they're slow paced, but i don't think they're poorly designed necessarily. no more so than knuckles or tails missions from adventure 2.

Damn, I don't even think I could do that. I honestly think I can say I don't even own any Sonic games anymore.. Oh wait, nope I got the Gems Collection on GameCube, that's it ha. Heroes was decently fun, I remember seeing that at the McDonald's kiosks in the play pen all the time back in the day.

Yeah I remember there was one night stage that was holding me back that I just couldn't do so I gave up. Well maybe if I ever stumble across it again I'll give it another shot, since I'd be viewing it with new eyes now

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
My experience with Unleashed was generally positive, but the night stages wore me down. They tried too hard to make them work, and the ratio was completely off. There should not have been 3 night stages for every 1 daytime stage. Had that been reversed, or evened out, I think the game would have fared much better

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
fox made a way better zelda movie, fight me

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Weeks ago I replayed Sonic Adventure DX. There was a stage (can't remember which one was it), where I was running on the ramp, but Sonic just diddlying ran through the diddlying ramp, fell to his death and lost a live! I mean... da fuq?
Let me help you out with that.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I agree with Taylor. Many Sonic fans are too harsh towards the Werehog segments of Unleash. Yes, they are the complete opposite of the daytime sections: slow as hell, but it's like that because it's meant to be different. It's like a mini God of War segment in a Sonic game.

right, and that's not honestly that bad. i think the biggest problem came from the fanbase wanting sonic to remain true to his roots, while sonic team's mindset was to create something fresh and try and jumpstart the series after a few catastrophic failures.

Damn, I don't even think I could do that. I honestly think I can say I don't even own any Sonic games anymore.. Oh wait, nope I got the Gems Collection on GameCube, that's it ha. Heroes was decently fun, I remember seeing that at the McDonald's kiosks in the play pen all the time back in the day.

Yeah I remember there was one night stage that was holding me back that I just couldn't do so I gave up. Well maybe if I ever stumble across it again I'll give it another shot, since I'd be viewing it with new eyes now

the gems collection is solid. i blazed through 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD last summer. slowdown just occurred as soon as i got to the dreamcast era. i cannot stand modern sonic up until at least unleashed where i find it tolerable at least. but the thought of having to play heroes and '06 after the travesty that is the adventure duo was just not working for me.

sorry sonic.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Let me help you out with that.

lol at Chaos looking like he's playing piano xDDDDDDDD

right, and that's not honestly that bad. i think the biggest problem came from the fanbase wanting sonic to remain true to his roots, while sonic team's mindset was to create something fresh and try and jumpstart the series after a few catastrophic failures.

I agree. Sometimes concepts need to evolve in order to keep up with the times. It's happening with Final Fantasy: we're getting from RPG to Action RPG. SE is making FF appeal to many more fans.

Dr_Mario64

Hahahaha

Dude don't jinx it.

I stopped caring about this a long time ago, but it makes me kinda sad that Sega won't just let it die already. Sonic is what got me into video games, but I think it's a franchise long past saving. Heck, given the fandom's notoriety, I'm not sure if I WANT it to be saved.

This is exactly my opinion. As much as I'd love to see Sonic succeed; given how very few chances the franchise has had to shine in the 21st century, Sega has proven to me on several occasions that they are not competent enough to make the transition into modern game design. With a few notable exceptions (i.e. Colors, Generations) that have received a cult following at best, everything about the 3D Sonic games feels so backwards! Every game feels so drastically different from the last that I'm beginning to question if they're even in the same series! Half the time they can't even get the lore right! Seriously, if anyone here can explain in one sentence roughly what the Sonic series is about, I'd love to hear it...

The sad thing is too, I can feel Sega is doing all this with the best of intentions. I can understand the need to innovate and progress the series to new heights, but abandoning the core appeal of the series is the wrong way to go about it! X(

Sorafan

I'll tell you right now that I do not understand the "fans", and I use that term loosely, who keep complaining about every damn thing.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
THE SONIC TWITTER IS HINTING AT SOMETHING PRETTY HUGE

Either people are looking too into this, or there is actually something to look forward too.

...Welp, April 1st is only eight days to go~

Given SEGA's track record of quality lately, I'm expecting very little. They just don't know who to appeal to anymore. They have like 3 different fanbases; the older 2D-preffering fans, the older 3D-preffering fans, and kids of the current generation. And all of them want different things.

Even if they made Sonic Adventure 3, I would have little faith that it would be good. I mean, technically speaking, Sonic 06 kind of was Sonic Adventure 3. It followed the Adventure formula completely, with individual story arcs and then a Last Story.

Anagram

Banned
^ Agreed. I've not expected much from them in a long time. Last time I found SOnic fun was classic sonic's stages in generations. Aside from that if I play it it's always Sonic3&Knuckles.

Rather than trying to appease everyone or trying to force in or make new friends for sonic each title they kinda just need to get back to square one and think what can make it fun. Playing Sonics other friends was fun in the 2D games but that's about it. Largely for the other routes or things they could do sonic couldn't in the same stages. Tails in particular was never that fun unless you was doing the 2player run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back