• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[RUMOR] Sonic Adventure 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Any game that can make levels from Sonic '06 enjoyable is a good game in my book.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Why do people think that SA the Third will be the game that saves Sonic? The Adventure games aren't that good TBH. Honestly, Sonic works more as a TV series than a game series.

Yeah. This. I've never understood the hype for the Adventure series. I've never played them, but as someone who's played 1, 3&Knuckles, and CD, Sonic was never about "adventuring" or stupid gimmicks a la the Wii games and the ones that followed it.

So yeah, please no Adventure 3.

Last edited:

Vulpeus1041

Can we sign a position to stop the making of this game? Or at least have someone review it before releasing. And also not have the game testers be autistic children

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Super Mario 64 is what got me into gaming, so sonic is shit to me
In reality there is no good sonic game

I just died a little =/
The Fist 4 sonic games were gold.. Adventure 1&2 were good... I cant say much else but i owned all sonic games from Heroes down...

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
As much as I want this game to be made...I'll wait and see. Also to all the haters of the adventure games...you entitled to your opinions, but really, as a Sonic fan, Im sick of the 2.5 stuff they've been doing since Unleashed, and I've really gotten sick and tired of the writing they've been doing since Colors. Sonic has no energy, no spirt, So I really want a well done 3D Sonic game like the Adventure games. Do I think Adventure 3 would be the answer to all of Sonic Team and Sega's problem? No but it''s a step in the right direction, and if they take their time, and hopefully find a better writer that understands the characters, then I'll be happy. Granted the whole Sega EU saying "They are going back to their roots." Doesn't work anymore. For the past fives years Sonic has been going back to his roots and the Classic nostalgia well has dried up. Sonic needs to do something new, action packed and interesting. No more wisps, no more simple bare boned story, no more failed attempts at humor. For the game play Sonic is made of three things: Speed, Platforming and Exploration. These things need to be balanced out. They were around in the classic games, the adventure games, granted a bit fragmented, and even in some of the more modern games. If they have a game with multiple characters, the gameplay needs to meet all three requirements, and fit their character. This isn't Mario where one character is dull as dirt, and plays just like Mario.

Patricier21

Just saw this video. Minutes later I read an article that Crush 40 is making songs for a new Sonic game (related to the 25th anniversary of the series, since the first ever game was released on October of '91).

Anyone else think it's just a rumor? I hope not. ;~;

Have there not been rumours of Sonic Adventure 3 for like 10 years?

Vulpeus1041

What was so good about the adventure games anyway
Mario games are known for their great platforming, puzzles and adventuring. In sonic adventures... Let's just say it's temple run before temple run was invented

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Fast paced action, an actual story that is interesting, great music, fast platform, shooting, exploring, the Chao gardens.

Vulpeus1041

> fast paced action
You move an inch out of the rings and you fall down, get hit and sonic goes from 200 mph to 0 real quick, gets frustrating
> actual story
Eggmans grandpa wants to destroy the world, sonic with the help of president of the United States fights the original character, shadow the hedgehog who is like sonic but faster cuz his shoes have rockets
>Great music
Ehh, maybe
> shooting
Holding down the button, lock on, shoot, repeat
>exploring
That stupid rouge and knuckles mini game of hide and seek
Psshh nothing personal kid but projared is right about this game

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
People really shoul play generations it's a good game. My only complaints are that planet wisp shouldn't have been the final level and the final boss is pretty bad.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Anything similar to the story of Knuckles and the Master Emerald is welcomed (and desperately needed)

I don't think I've played a Sonic game since Sonic Advance 3 haha

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Fast paced action, an actual story that is interesting, great music, fast platform, shooting, exploring, the Chao gardens.

when is the last time that you played the absolutely horrendous adventure games? because there's probably some solid nostalgia bias going on here.

also, they already made adventure 3 for all intents and purposes. Unleashed is known as World Adventure in japan and is basically considered a follow up to the adventure games.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
when is the last time that you played the absolutely horrendous adventure games? because there's probably some solid nostalgia bias going on here.

also, they already made adventure 3 for all intents and purposes. Unleashed is known as World Adventure in japan and is basically considered a follow up to the adventure games.

The Adventure games are actually pretty well received and have pretty damn high metacritic/game rankings scores too. Even the user scores are high as well, and a lot of those reviews are from the past few years. To say they're horrendous is your opinion, but it's the less popular one. If anything the ports are less received because of technical stuff.

And don't remind me of Unleashed, ugh that was a bad time.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
The Adventure games are actually pretty well received and have pretty damn high metacritic/game rankings scores too. Even the user scores are high as well, and a lot of those reviews are from the past few years. To say they're horrendous is your opinion, but it's the less popular one. If anything the ports are less received because of technical stuff.

And don't remind me of Unleashed, ugh that was a bad time.

i loved the adventure games as a kid. they were some of my favorite games. i played both of them last year. they are awful, and if you can honestly replay either of them (adventure 1 especially) and tell me that they're good games, then kudos to you.

unleashed it legitimately a better game by leaps and bounds.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
i loved the adventure games as a kid. they were some of my favorite games. i played both of them last year. they are awful, and if you can honestly replay either of them (adventure 1 especially) and tell me that they're good games, then kudos to you.

unleashed it legitimately a better game by leaps and bounds.

Fair enough. I haven't played them since I was a kid so I'll go on your word. I've been looking for a chance to play them for awhile now, so if I ever do I can add more then.

You really think so? I remember having some fun on the day time stages, but the night stages were pretty awful if I recall. I couldn't even finish it and sold it later on.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Fair enough. I haven't played them since I was a kid so I'll go on your word. I've been looking for a chance to play them for awhile now, so if I ever do I can add more then.

You really think so? I remember having some fun on the day time stages, but the night stages were pretty awful if I recall. I couldn't even finish it and sold it later on.

yeah i tried to marathon every main entry in the sonic franchise last summer. adventure took so much out of me that i finished adventure 2 and didn't have the heart to move on to heroes.

i think the night stages aren't THAT bad. they get a lot of unfair flack. they're slow paced, but i don't think they're poorly designed necessarily. no more so than knuckles or tails missions from adventure 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back