• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii in Next Month's Nintendo Power? Think again!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Rumor Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii in Next Month's Nintendo Power? Think aga

Or it could be something else altogether. Or it could be 358/2. We'll just have to wait & see.

BenHo

Re: Rumor Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii in Next Month's Nintendo Power? Think aga

The Wii has a more differing controller as the PS2, and so far, it would change the usual KH gameplay. And Nomura already said they want to hold this game feeling..

I don't understand why people think the controls would be such a stretch.

wii + nunchuck = ps2 controler with motion control, only REAL motion control, not that sixaxis bullshit.

control sora with control stick on nunchuck

control menu with d-pad on wii remote

control camera/target enemies with the curser that would be produced by the wii infrared/sensor bar.

VOILA. Next gen KH. and unlike the PS3, it would actually be an improvement other than "OMG-A-HEARTLESS-GRABBED-YOU-NOW-SHAKE-THE-SIXAXIS-LIKE-AN-AUTISTIC-KID"

Seriously. all this love for the PS3 and no real inovations would come from KH3 being on it. think about the alternatives and realize that the graphics don't need to be "omg so real" when the majority of the characters are SIMPLE IN DESIGN.

BenHo

I wouldn't mind seeing it on the Wii, I think it would be kinda fun. Of coarse, they should also still put it on the PS3. Whats wrong with both?

Fanboyism. even if the game is on both, people may be turned off by it being on both. People who like KH on the PS2 will be offended that Square "switched sides". even though square originally produced for nintendo before PS1, but no one seems to remember this. and the majority of wii fans aren't really people who would like KH (I'm not included in this list. I love wii and would love to see the next major KH on it.)

plus, people liscence games to a system in order to boost sales of hte system, among other reasons. The wii needs no boosting at this point, whereas the PS3 does.

Awards

I don't understand why people think the controls would be such a stretch.

wii + nunchuck = ps2 controler with motion control, only REAL motion control, not that sixaxis bullshit.

control sora with control stick on nunchuck

control menu with d-pad on wii remote

control camera/target enemies with the curser that would be produced by the wii infrared/sensor bar.

VOILA. Next gen KH. and unlike the PS3, it would actually be an improvement other than "OMG-A-HEARTLESS-GRABBED-YOU-NOW-SHAKE-THE-SIXAXIS-LIKE-AN-AUTISTIC-KID"

Seriously. all this love for the PS3 and no real inovations would come from KH3 being on it. think about the alternatives and realize that the graphics don't need to be "omg so real" when the majority of the characters are SIMPLE IN DESIGN.

There would be no real innovation in that case though. To Kingdom Hearts, yes, to video games in general, no, it's been done many times. I'm not saying by any means that PS3 would bring innovation, because its trump card is naturally graphics. If there's any innovation to be done, it'll be done by, ya know, the people making the game, and it doesn't need to reflect what console it's on. In other words, they could implement gameplay that is unique yet could be done on any system.

And seriously, drop the graphics argument, because you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Better graphics doesn't always mean more realistic. More polygons, for instance, means smoother edges looking less pixelated, which would be great for KH considering that, being cartoony, it should be smooth. Take Ratchet and Clank/DBZ Burst Limit for example.

BenHo

There would be no real innovation in that case though. To Kingdom Hearts, yes, to video games in general, no, it's been done many times. I'm not saying by any means that PS3 would bring innovation, because its trump card is naturally graphics. If there's any innovation to be done, it'll be done by, ya know, the people making the game, and it doesn't need to reflect what console it's on. In other words, they could implement gameplay that is unique yet could be done on any system.

That is true. I will admit defeat. but still, I was simply trying to point out that Kingdom Hearts on the wii isn't impossible like everyone claims it is. The controller has all the buttons/features it needs to make a KH game on the same scale as what we've seen in previous KH games.

And seriously, drop the graphics argument, because you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Better graphics doesn't always mean more realistic. More polygons, for instance, means smoother edges looking less pixelated, which would be great for KH considering that, being cartoony, it should be smooth. Take Ratchet and Clank/DBZ Burst Limit for example.

I'm aware of that. Still, as great as those games looked, the visuals didn't really add to the fun factor of the game. it's not as if the levels of graphics opened up new levels of interactivity. it just looked shinier.

also, and this is just my opinion, probably not shared by most, I care more about anti-aliasing than I do the actual polygon count. as long as the outline of the render doesn't look as if it was made of lego's, I'm ok.

riku262

i highly dout it it was on ps2 so its mostly going on ps3
dur

Awards

That is true. I will admit defeat. but still, I was simply trying to point out that Kingdom Hearts on the wii isn't impossible like everyone claims it is. The controller has all the buttons/features it needs to make a KH game on the same scale as what we've seen in previous KH games.
And it isn't impossible. I would just personally prefer to see it on the PS3 for various reasons, none of which are against the Wii. But I'll be getting it no matter what system so it ultimately shouldn't matter.

I'm aware of that. Still, as great as those games looked, the visuals didn't really add to the fun factor of the game. it's not as if the levels of graphics opened up new levels of interactivity. it just looked shinier.

also, and this is just my opinion, probably not shared by most, I care more about anti-aliasing than I do the actual polygon count. as long as the outline of the render doesn't look as if it was made of lego's, I'm ok.

Well visuals is a matter of personal preference that very well can add to or detract from the gaming experience. There are those of us who prefer the glory days of tetris, those who want the latest mind-bendingly amazing graphical achievements, and everywhere in-between.

Bear in mind though that the graphics aren't just focused on "shine" in lighting. Ratchet and Clank seemed more "shiny," which was a good step for the series because it simply worked without making it seem less cartoony. But, for games like DBZ Burst Limit, the focus was more so on rendering it similar to the anime. You should notice that it strikes a great deal more similarities to DBZ animation than its PS2 counterparts. KH could find something that works as well.

phaji

since the magazine is september's issue, maybe square-enix is gonna announce it in august or something.

BenHo

And it isn't impossible. I would just personally prefer to see it on the PS3 for various reasons, none of which are against the Wii. But I'll be getting it no matter what system so it ultimately shouldn't matter.

I have a similar opinion. I would like to say I WILL buy the next Kingdom Hearts regardless of the platform, but that's all dependent on if I/a friend have the right system. I have a wii and a DS, and a friend of mine is planning on getting a ps3 and a 360 so we should have all our bases covered for the next MAJOR release. unfortunately, that same friend sold his PSP so I don't know how I'm gonna get "birth by sleep" but I still plan on finding a way to play the game.

Well visuals is a matter of personal preference that very well can add to or detract from the gaming experience. There are those of us who prefer the glory days of tetris, those who want the latest mind-bendingly amazing graphical achievements, and everywhere in-between.

Bear in mind though that the graphics aren't just focused on "shine" in lighting. Ratchet and Clank seemed more "shiny," which was a good step for the series because it simply worked without making it seem less cartoony. But, for games like DBZ Burst Limit, the focus was more so on rendering it similar to the anime. You should notice that it strikes a great deal more similarities to DBZ animation than its PS2 counterparts. KH could find something that works as well.

I'm the kind of person who will take a game regardless of what it looks like. I played through FF7 despite the fact that the visuals made me want to vomit. personally, I would like to see KH on the wii, becuase I feel it would put it in a better setting to return to the type of story the first KH had, where they disney factor didn't feel so "last minute add on" as it did in KH2. Wii is more "child friendly" and so is disney so I feel it would make the disney aspect more apparent and result in the worlds that you visit actually affecting the major story like the first game did (like with the 7 princess' and such).

if it's on the PS3, I may buy a used PS3, as that's what I did to play the first KH (I didn't want a PS2 previous to the game coming out) but I'm still crossing my fingers about a Wii release.

yugi300

Yea as GraceAssassin said and others two have said I would like KH3 to be on PS3. A) He will have mad fans and he alreay has millions of KH fans worldwide um some places didn't "KH" the KH franchise in general I think and well he can make some more fans happy by giving Wii if anything a filler game plus Nintendo has had two filler games so what do you want it's not like he didn't give Nintendo nothing right?!

lol, i'd nit-pick and say that the PS3 is current-gen and not next-gen but i probably shouldn't.
Oh wait... I just did.

Either way, i'm leaning towards it being a Fire Emblem game.

Well it's a current gen consle but it runs on next gen software therefore at the time/some may wish to consider it and the other consles "next-gen" consles because they are fairly new for the "time being".

Last edited:

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright

You do realize, if its on the Wii, it wouldnt have to be motion controlled? For example, Tales of Symphonia is on Wii, its a large RPG, and its not motion controlled.

If anything, motion control would be good for all the minigames in the KH series. xP

Yeah but it would be cool! Could you make a link to Kingdom Hearts Top Secret website or something?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

i really don't like the idea of kingdom hearts iii being on the wii but i would prefer it to be a spin off from the series instead.

Vin

Bronze Member

anyone know when this issue hits shelves or if this has been debunked?

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com

why would khinsider think its kingdom hearts in the first place?
and really how could you tell? all it says is............
We'll kick off the next 20 years of Nintendo Power with more big reveals, including a top-secret cover story fit for a king. It's got a lot of heart. Just kidding. It's Mother 3. Just kidding. Please look forward to it.
but the king and heart thing arent really that noticeable if you know what i mean.
like reading it for the first time? would you get that?
instead of what khinsider said?

BenHo

why would khinsider think its kingdom hearts in the first place?

because the site is reaching for news. we're in a KH slump right now, so KH fansites are grabbing at anything they can wave in peoples faces.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA

Mother 3 is an actual game by the way...

Although I have no idea what they're doing with the 'just kidding', besides wouldn't one wonder why NINTENDO would be announcing a SQUARE-ENIX title. I think it only makes sense that they'd be announcing a title that's first party.

not really. this really contradicts SQUARE ENIX, and they never said anything about wii

A

Audo

not really. this really contradicts SQUARE ENIX, and they never said anything about wii
How does this contradict Square Enix? They talk about the Wii ALL THE TIME (a bit exaggerated, but they have talked about it, and are developing for it)

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com

because the site is reaching for news. we're in a KH slump right now, so KH fansites are grabbing at anything they can wave in peoples faces.

so all of this is a guess?
and if this was all a guess then?
then we are arguing about nothing!

A

Audo

so all of this is a guess?
and if this was all a guess then?
then we are arguing about nothing!
Of course it is a guess.... It's not saying "KH3 for Wii".
It's a preview with a cryptic hint that just says that it the game will be their next cover story.
People are just speculating it to be about KH or not, thus why they are arguing about it. Some are for it, some are against it, and some just want to find out what game they ARE talking about.

xjeezlouisx

Website
www.myspace.com

Of course it is a guess.... It's not saying "KH3 for Wii".
It's a preview with a cryptic hint that just says that it the game will be their next cover story.
People are just speculating it to be about KH or not, thus why they are arguing about it. Some are for it, some are against it, and some just want to find out what game they ARE talking about.

i really do want to know what are we really talking about...
i wish i was gay with my friends again, oh those lovely moments... jk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back