• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recommendations for DS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Super Mario 64 DS, I played the Original when I had my N64 and it was my favorite game. The Remake isn't that bad actually.

The biggest problem with 64DS is the controls that just fuck everything up. Using the d-pad is often inaccurate and shaky, using the touch screen is a pain.

It's not that the game is not enjoyable at all, it's just far inferior than the original.

And I don't think 30 more stars and playing as Yoshi/Luigi/Wario really make that much of a difference.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Mother 3 yet.

Of course, in order for you to play it on your DS, you'll need a flashcart, as they've mentioned before.

Mother 3. . .well, I haven't gotten far at all, but you may recognize the characters Ness (SUPA SMASH BROS / MELEE) and Lucas (BROL). ((Giving him those games, since those are more mainstream)

dizflip

Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I got a DS for Christmas too. Since you want a synopsis, I'm gonna type my ass off.
I have so far:

Final Fantasy III - Really great FF game. They say it's one of the hardest.. I've only played like 3 FF games while one of them, FFVII, I can't remember a single bit of. Anyway, I don't think it's hard at all, I'm assuming I'm almost done with the game since I found 3 out of 4 crystals. Anyway, it's a great RPG game, very straight forward and unconfusing. You'd probably like it. GET IT.

Final Fantasy IV - Probably similar to FFIII, but since I haven't played it, and more effort was obviously put into this one, I would guess it's more confusing than the last one, as with all improved FF games such as FFXII. GET IT.

Pokemon Diamond or Pearl - I got Pearl since they were out of Diamond. It really doesn't make a difference to me whatsoever. I've been playing Pokemon games since Generation I when I was like 6 or something... I quit it after the 2nd generation coz I grew up. But since I got into gaming again, I said hey what the hell, might as well get since I got a DS. And what do you know!? It's pretty much EXACTLY like the two gens I've played. Only difference is that I'm unfamiliar with most of the Pokemon. GET IT if you like Pokemon or are as simple minded as me.

---I recommend---

TWEWY - looks good. Never tried.

Mario Kart DS - When I first got my DS, I borrowed this from my friend since I didn't get any games to play. Helluh fun, for realz...

Chrono Trigger - hell i'm a square enix fan, just get it for god's sake since it got really good reviews.

FIFA 09 - great graphics if you like soccer.

Metal Slug 7 - I first played Metal Slug in a laundromat arcade machine and it's ridiculously fun. Looks great on DS.

S

Shadow Soldier

Ok, I tried some more games on my R4, and ya here are some more.

New Super Mario Bros, great controls, just simple 2D fun.

Dragonball Origins. Even though it's stylus only, it actually works really well, and the graphics are pretty good. I definitely recommend this game.

Mario Kart is fun as it was said above, I played a little of Dragon Quest IV I think, not too bad, at least worth a rent.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Well, I got a DS for Christmas too. Since you want a synopsis, I'm gonna type my ass off.
I have so far:

Final Fantasy III - Really great FF game. They say it's one of the hardest.. I've only played like 3 FF games while one of them, FFVII, I can't remember a single bit of. Anyway, I don't think it's hard at all, I'm assuming I'm almost done with the game since I found 3 out of 4 crystals. Anyway, it's a great RPG game, very straight forward and unconfusing. You'd probably like it. GET IT.

Final Fantasy IV - Probably similar to FFIII, but since I haven't played it, and more effort was obviously put into this one, I would guess it's more confusing than the last one, as with all improved FF games such as FFXII. GET IT.

Pokemon Diamond or Pearl - I got Pearl since they were out of Diamond. It really doesn't make a difference to me whatsoever. I've been playing Pokemon games since Generation I when I was like 6 or something... I quit it after the 2nd generation coz I grew up. But since I got into gaming again, I said hey what the hell, might as well get since I got a DS. And what do you know!? It's pretty much EXACTLY like the two gens I've played. Only difference is that I'm unfamiliar with most of the Pokemon. GET IT if you like Pokemon or are as simple minded as me.

---I recommend---

TWEWY - looks good. Never tried.

Mario Kart DS - When I first got my DS, I borrowed this from my friend since I didn't get any games to play. Helluh fun, for realz...

Chrono Trigger - hell i'm a square enix fan, just get it for god's sake since it got really good reviews.

FIFA 09 - great graphics if you like soccer.

Metal Slug 7 - I first played Metal Slug in a laundromat arcade machine and it's ridiculously fun. Looks great on DS.

Wow... thank you! If only I could afford to buy to my heart's content. Eh, who'm I kidding? I'm such a cheapskate. I could have plenty of money and still be unwilling to buy the games.

Ok, I tried some more games on my R4, and ya here are some more.

New Super Mario Bros, great controls, just simple 2D fun.

Dragonball Origins. Even though it's stylus only, it actually works really well, and the graphics are pretty good. I definitely recommend this game.

Mario Kart is fun as it was said above, I played a little of Dragon Quest IV I think, not too bad, at least worth a rent.

Hmm.... Stylus only? Well, good practice in getting used to it, right?

bleach fighting game is good
nintendogs
mario games
kirby
zelda
...etc...

Thanks! I'm not much for one that isn't plot-based, but I will look into some of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back