• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recommendations for DS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Phoenix Wright games for sure :3. Umm FF3 for sure, and FF4. The World Ends with You most definitely. Lol, I have Pokemon game, I dunno if you like that or not, it's alright. Mario Kart. I dunno, really.

LOL, I hate Pokemon. FF, hmm? Okay. And Phoenix Wright. I'll look into that.

Phantom Hourglass is the only Zelda game for the DS that uses the controls. But Links Awakening (port of the SNES version which is epic) and Minish Cap are both Gameboy Advance games and both are extremely well done.

Chrono Trigger is basically a gamers choice. Majority of gamers and critics and everybody will say the single greatest game ever that beats Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII is Chrono Trigger. It sells for about 400 bucks on ebay for the SNES version :) But it's for the DS as well. It's a must have.

Just don't get Super Mario 64 DS, god that was horrible, or Yoshi's Island or whatever it's called.

Okay. No to Super Mario 64. Try Zelda. And Chrono Trigger, though I definitely can't afford 400 dollars for a game.

FF <3

Oh God, I could've recommended SO much more FFs. Those are the only ones I've really seen and liked.

FFXII RW is only if you MUST have all the Ivalice titles, I din't particularly love it, but I didn't exactly dislike it either.

FFTA2 is another fine choice.

Ivalice? Isn't that one of the cities or something in FFXII? I didn't particulary enjoy that game.

FF4 is FUCKING hard

but it's a good game so far.

Hard is good. Hard is challenging.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Advance Wars Dual Strike is fun, if you can find it.

Okay, that sounds like another option.

S

Shadow Soldier

You could just get an R4 cartridge and get any game you want for free.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Super Mario 64 DS, I played the Original when I had my N64 and it was my favorite game. The Remake isn't that bad actually.

Okay, hmm, I'll have to look into it.

Flashcart

Allows you to play downloaded ROMS homebrew applications on a DS via memory card. The R4 is nothing in comparison to the likes of the CycloDS Evolution though

*blank stares continues* I suppose this is the time where I google what all this means.

S

Shadow Soldier

It's basically a ROM playing cartridge. It's a blank DS cartridge with software installed onto it, and a memory card where you can download DS games off of the internet, any DS game, put it on the memory card to play in the cartridge, you put the cartridge in the DS like any normal DS game and you can boot the game. I have the R4 and I find it to be amazing. I don't know about the others, but the R4 is very easy to use and requires no software installation. I can fit around 10-13 games on my R4 cart and just play them whenever without the hassle of switching games like normal DS carts.

But it does do homebrew apps as well.

Lifes.Lover

Website
It's basically a ROM playing cartridge. It's a blank DS cartridge with software installed onto it, and a memory card where you can download DS games off of the internet, any DS game, put it on the memory card to play in the cartridge, you put the cartridge in the DS like any normal DS game and you can boot the game. I have the R4 and I find it to be amazing. I don't know about the others, but the R4 is very easy to use and requires no software installation. I can fit around 10-13 games on my R4 cart and just play them whenever without the hassle of switching games like normal DS carts.

But it does do homebrew apps as well.

I think I get it now. It's just a blank card. Okay, that makes much more sense.

Each Castlevania for the DS is very well done. I highly recommend them. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is fun too.

Okay, that's two votes for it.

Seriously, guys, thanks so much for all the recommendations. While I can't possibly afford to buy all of them (I'm not made of much money, and I have no job), I will definitely take all of them into consideration, and choose two or three that sound the best.

Thanks a lot! :E

Xaale

i recomend pokeman dimond.

its pretty gud :)

it gets boring aftr the game tho so b carful

but yea

and also i recomend startin with the turtle :)

S

Shadow Soldier

Except they aren't for DS. I'm actually curious if the OP means all games for the DS, or just DS games that are made specifically for DS.

Xaale

Except they aren't for DS. I'm actually curious if the OP means all games for the DS, or just DS games that are made specifically for DS.

Oh, woops xD

i didn't realize that it was just DS games.

but yes, i think op is all games, not just the specific ones.

Edit: Oh wait, yea I did xD

Duh, the title.

but I forgot xD

gsharkakaflash

Well it depends on your genre of game

you like smashbros - get "jump ultimate stars" and the translatino patch
multiplayer man - clubhouse games, sonic rush and maybe crashboom bang for the minigames
rpg peep- naruto path off the ninja 2
skilled master - guitar hero ds
csi dective peep - phonix wright (MUST HAVE BRAINS)

Lifes.Lover

Website
LOL, you can recommend GBA games to me. At the time that I made the thread, I hadn't yet realized that I could play GBA games on the DS.

Really, it's a free for all. Even other consoles are fine. I don't get to play many games very often, being a poor college student, and unwilling to spend what little money I have on a game that I'm not sure I'll like. What a waste, right?

Anyways, my genre is Action/RPG, for the most part, like I stated in my original thread. I like stories with plot, where it's more than just a shoot 'em up or beat 'em up type game.

I want there to be characters worth playing as, and I want it to have a story-like feel to it. This is my writer side kicking in.

Oh, and to all those that recommended TWEWY. In a fortuitous twist of fate, my sister asked me to babysit her nephew tonight. As payment, I asked for TWEWY. She actually found one in a Wal-Mart.

And I'm definitely loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back