• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Real time?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueheart3

I have a question about the "real time" for KHII. Someone told me, that if it is night where I live, when I play the game it will be night in the game. Is this true?

mysticalmario

yea i was confused about that a bit to, but i think its just the opposite of the turn based battle system. like u fight your enemy, and they fight u back simaltaniously

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I think there's a daytime and a night time 4 each world except twilight town,sort of like the time setting on FFXI (I'm pretty sure).

Z

Zephyr

well if anyone here played Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, that had a cool day/night time thing going
exaples: at night skeletons came out and stores closed
also some things were only accesible during the day/night

i think it might be like that maybe

EDIT: srry if sorta confusing but what im trying to say is that maybe some quest or things you have to do to keep going can only be reached or done during the night/day

i hope that makes more sence... EDIT:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Yeah, basically this question has already been answered, but I'll put in my bit regardless. Real-time, when used in reference to games, merely means that it isn't turn-based combat or anything of the sort, and you are always in control of your character (outside of cinematic of course) as opposed to giving them directions and watching as they carry them out. So basically, Kingdom Hearts 2 is going to play like Kingdom Hearts the original. They might put in a day/night system, but that isn't connected to the term "real-time", at least it never has been in my experience.

As for the game having the same time that you do, that would be quite a bit of a handicap anyway. I mean, think about it. If you take into account constraints such as school/job, early mornings, and, oh yeah, sleep, the only time frame you'd be able to experience in the game would most likely be evenings seeing as that is the time most people have any time to play games.

RikuOfDarkness

Yeah, I doubt it will be directly connected to the actual time (although, it is possible since the PS2 has an inbuilt clock).

I think it will be like The Ocarina of Time game, with the exception of Twilight Town.

In the event it is connected to your PS2 clock, you'd just have to change the PS2 clock in order to change the ingame time.

C

CEDELAS

i think it will be like that but u can use some abillity like "sunshine" or "moonlight" to make the moon rise and set it would be crap if only some things were accsesible during day/night as it would low the game down.

Non-Existant One

Some of the stuff said above is somewhat true, However this question had been answered in one of the many past interviews with Nomura. He simply said that one of the new features of the game would have something to do with the clock tower in twilight town. That there would be a definitive night and day period. He also stated that the time of day in certain worlds like twilight town would not change and that it will allways be the same time of day no matter when you visit the world. Another interesting thing said in the interview was that certain types of events would take place depending on the time of day in the game. The same goes for the enemies. Certain enemies will appeare depending on the time of day. The only thing that was not mentioned was how often the time will change. For example, How long it takes for day to turn to night. Thats about all that was mentioned about the way time works in KH2. I'm sure you can find the interviews on this site. Hope this helps.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
To summarize it:

With real-time, the most likely meaning is that the game is connected to the realtime clock of the PS2 that the user has installed. When you go to the PS2 options, you can change the time.
So when it's 12 o clock AM, same as in KHII...

iforgot

what real time is is when time flows just like real time except alot shorter. so like an hour over here might be 12 hours over there or somthin like that.also real time may also suggest that there are days in the game just like here.also take note that maybe special events take place at certain, certain day.

enygma

when it says realy time its talking about the battle system, someone already mentioned this but nobody seems to be listening. with realy time you have compleet control of you character during battle sequences with the other shit its like final fantasy you lose control of movment you can only select what attacks tey gonna use. or theres variations on this like quest 64 and star ocean. where you have control of the car but theres a specific arena set that you cant leave or in grandia your people move around by themselves after each attack and that makes the difference on you you can heal/attacks and with what attacks. but anyways real time is haveing control of the movement of your char during battle sequences. and has nothing to do with the time of day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back