• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ratchet and Resistance creators going multiplatform

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Collecting feathers was terrible. And Patrice Desilets should be ashamed of himself for continuing a piss-poor game design philosophy of putting things in a game for people to collect that has no real value just because he wants to mess with people with OCD.

Macabre

Gold Member
I give kudos to you, my friend, for having the attention span to keep focused on all those goals. See, here's my problem--you don't NEED to get the new armor or weapons because the game stays fairly easy throughout.
You're right. The game was way too easy, and there really was no need to get new equipment or doing the combat techniques like blinding enemies with sand or that sweeping attack with a spear besides the aesthetic reasons. It's cool to see the ways Ezio can kill enemies. Like stabbing two guards together by jumping from a building or throwing three knives at once.
The side-missions are fun for the first little bit, but they feel like a chore afterward, regardless that they're not mandatory.
Some of the side missions are really good. There's one in Forli where you need to take out three or four targets who are scattered around the entire city but you can't let them or their guards see you because the mission will start over, so you need to cleverly use the prostitutes, mercenaries and any other distractions you can think of.

Buying everything for your Villa is pointless because not even mid-game will you have enough money to purchase everything (or at least have enough coin to keep you supplied with all you need or want).
Again, aesthetic reasons. I liked how the Villa changed and more NPCs started appearing after upgrading it.
The value for the Villa was pretty high mid-game for me so I didn't have any shortage of money to buy equipment or upgrade the Villa.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not really impressed by Insomniac this generation at all. Hopefully longer dev times will change that.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I think this is why in the end, the company with the most brilliant first-parties will come out on top.
I think Microsoft will be in a sticky situation in a couple of years with the fact that they simply do not have the first-party talent of Nintendo or Sony, and almost all of their exclusive third-parties are jumping ship to the "exclusive" wagon and deciding to go multi-platform where the money is at. That might be where the money is at, but I've still yet to meet a third-party game except for the brilliant Red Dead Redemption that wows me with the quality of an exclusive.

In the end, Microsoft will have Rare and Microsoft Game Studios and a couple of others.....but Rare is poo, loool.

Nintendo's got its brilliance so I'm not worried about them, and whether they lose or win they still "win" because they're so far ahead right now.

Sony's in a secure position with having just acquired Media Molecule and with Bungie now bringing its next game to the PS3 as well. Insomniac's previous IPs are still exclusive to Sony, as well.

The game line-up from here to 2011 with Sony is staggering. SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resistance 3, Motorstorm 3, Ape Escape, David Jaffe's game, Grand Turismo 5, Starhawk, The Last Guardian, and obviously other surprises.

Nintendo's got Metroid Other M and Zelda this holiday...that's all they really need to stay on top, anyway. Probably a WiiSports 3 or something, too.

Microsoft has....Halo Reach and Crackdown 2 as far as I know. Oh wait, they also have Gears of War 3 and Fable 3.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think this is why in the end, the company with the most brilliant first-parties will come out on top.
I think Microsoft will be in a sticky situation in a couple of years with the fact that they simply do not have the first-party talent of Nintendo or Sony, and almost all of their exclusive third-parties are jumping ship to the "exclusive" wagon and deciding to go multi-platform where the money is at. That might be where the money is at, but I've still yet to meet a third-party game except for the brilliant Red Dead Redemption that wows me with the quality of an exclusive.
That's pretty much what I want to post, just written much more articulately. Also spite because me and my best friend have different consoles so exclusive games are also a contest.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I'm displeased with so many things going multi. What's the point of there being more than one console in existance if they all end up playing the same thing?
So we don't have tons money for stuff.

Face it MS was the Only system we would be fucked same with Sony. I'm glad there is money the one system even if tons of titles are muti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back