• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

R.E.M. - Reality, Existence, Mentality [Sign-up/OOC]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
The irony is, OmniChaos has already said his character The Smiling Man has already been elected the most nefarious and tyrannical character to grace this roleplay and we've yet to actually see his template. To whom is far greater than Chris (in rumor as it stands) I was surprised no one harassed me about my character...namely you, given you harassed Superb about Vandiken whom I created, like really bro? And you never respond whenever I bring it up, lol.

You're mistaken in believing the Smiling Man to be any sort of actual antagonist in this roleplay. He's little more than a spectator with a few, small appearances (though, technically, he does play a key role in the story, it is all behind the scenes stuff).

So default justifies what can appear to god-modding just because its for the purpose of plot and in addition to this, characters under them that are by their standard (in our case chris) are not meant be beyond that of either him or the smiling man? Better to leave us to despair with first aid kits and stretchers because we're going to get laid out quite FLAT by the defaults & plot-devices.

The difference is, in this roleplay, neither Chris nor the Smiling Man will be involved in any roleplayer vs. roleplayer fights (with the latter only being involved in a small, largely unimportant fight dictated by myself with my characters). These characters are concerned in the actual plot and not in any actual battles.

I actually agree with you to a certain extent, I personally diddlying hate making and/or seeing characters that manipulate matter or time independently or simultaneously. I think Superb is brilliant to a point, but when provoked can and will use what he posts in a template to every extent possible, which leaves the recipient with little to nothing to do as a result because they've been so completely out-maneuvered (or they have no idea what he replied with honestly).

And this is why I must agree with Argenteis. I know Tav too well to know that he rarely pulls any punches and that his character, especially this early on in the story, is far too strong. Chris and the Smiling Man aside, Tav's character's power would eclipse all the other characters', including the base power of the main antagonist, and since neither of the two will do any actual fighting, it would make his character the strongest in the roleplay as far as combat is concerned.

On another note, LegendaryHeroLCB, your template is accepted.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Sorry for the long delay on my end, classes have been busting my chops and will probably keep doing so for the rest of the month. That being said, I'll do my damn best to get a post up tonight and to keep up with the RP.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Guys, I don't think this is the thread to discuss Van/Courtney disputes. If you guys have any problems with that, please bring it to the Fragments discussion thread and we can iron out problems there, but dont burden Omni with disputes of characters outside the R.E.M. roleplay, please. Fragments is my roleplay and I accepted both Courtney and Van so please discuss it there. Juuuuuuust sayin mah ninjas.

Argenteus

Name: Elvis Smith

Ability: Information Consciousness -

Smith's mind is unlike any other ever before seen or that ever will be seen again. Due to having lived with a human mind thusfar, he can be expected to behave like a human in most cases, but it is different from ours fundamentally. He forgets nothing, even less than anyone with a photographic memory. He could tell you the X,Y,Z coordinates of any given hair on a person's head, given some way to express the exact hair in question. He can also replay or generate any given scene within his head and it will be (And with a scene generated, play out) exactly as it would in real life. But that's not the real differentiation.

He has access to information impossible to access through normal means. He can see the probability of every outcome to every situation, absorb and process massive amounts of information instantly (The only limiting factor is physical - how fast his eyes can absorb the light), and perceive the emotions of others to an incredibly exact degree, and perceive with his senses greater amounts than any others (Tracking the steps of one on the other side of the school by their distinctive pattern of steps with his hearing, vision so focused he could see the cellular structure of the human hand if he wanted to, etc). He is an incredibly fast learner and can learn even muscle memory through simple viewing - That means that he could master a martial art in the span of a few minutes by watching highly sped up video of masters fighting, learn a spanish perfectly by flipping first through an english to spanish dictionary then through a normal spanish dictionary to pick up what the former didn't include, etc. Needless to say, he is incredibly intelligent, but not enough to allow all this without special power.

He is not only different from us in how much he knows however, but fundamentally different in consciousness: He has no need to recall a memory, no matter how fast it would be, because he is aware of everything he knows at once. This is not complete, however, and he still often finds himself tied down to a human way of thinking by habit alone. He is slowly transforming into this information god.

He only has one true combat ability however (Not to say those wouldn't be USEFUL in combat, but they aren't powers for combat): if he understands an ability enough, he can perform a significantly less advanced version. For example, through understanding of Crate's powers, he could gain his ability to control his involuntary reflexes. But he would NOT gain his true biomanipulation. Chase's powerful speed could manifest it's self as being very fast, but nothing one could call super speed. He probably wouldn't outperform an olympic athlete. Chris' powers are absolutely beyond understanding, and therefore off-limits. Understanding someone's powers couldn't happen instantly, but over a long battle would likely happen eventually.

Appearance:
Elvis is an old man, and it shows. He doesn't dye his hair, and while gray hair took a long time coming it is now taking over. His hair is still mostly black, but streaks of gray run through it. It is short, and very crooked and messy. His face is wrinkled and it's quite apparent that he's scowled a lot, and his nose is warped from a few broken noses. His face isn't strictly ugly, but it has an unpleasant shrewdness to it's bulbous features. His eyes are an almost haunting light-blue.
On the job he wears the standard blue of his trade, off of it he wears an obnoxious pink tank-top and bleached jean cutoffs, usually with several gold necklaces and a sequined headband. At work, he wears black boots, outside of it a pair of beat-up tennis shoes that somehow clash further with the already nightmarishly strange attire.

Personality:
Elvis Smith is a sadomasochist, a pedophile, a rapist and a murderer. He mercilessly takes children at opportune times to torture, rape and kill them. He couldn't so easily be described as bisexual as he could as someone who doesn't care at all about the gender. He doesn't like both genders, he simple likes suffering indiscriminately (even his own). Aside from rape for power and pain, he's asexual and always has been. He gets his sexual pleasure from pain exclusively. He smokes cigars and will usually burn himself with the cigar for fun regardless of who's around. He wishes he was a woman so that he could feel the pain of childbirth, which he has heard is the most exquisite of all.

He's not exactly a rude hermit, to others he seems a very nice guy. He's even genuine, he get's pleasure from social interactions same as us. He just always wants to torture and kill them a tad bit more than any of us. He's usually as annoying and rude as possible in general conduct (His clothes, for example) but very polite when talking to an individual. He'll sometimes randomly break into song, during conversation. He's insane enough he definitely shouldn't be working at a school, but none of his victims are from the school - he goes far away to remove suspicion from himself. He just works as a school janitor for the money.

Biography:
Not Elvis Presley but Elvis Smith, Elvis' mother (Who died in childbirth) was daughter of a black man and a french white woman, and his father (who he killed) was a white american. His mother had been a huge Elvis fan, and to honor her who wanted to honor Elvis by naming her son after him, Elvis Smith's father named him Elvis.

His father was an abusive drunk, and at the age of 14 he killed him and buried him in his neighbor's backyard. He left no evidence anyone would find, and planted evidence that got the father of that family arrested and convicted in his place.

For a while he took up intellectual pursuits alongside his hunting while living at the orphanage: He mastered lucid dreaming (still lucid dreams almost every night, uses the time to master his consciousness and control of his mind), read history, and perfected the art of murder. This was all without his abilities, which he's only gained recently.

He got a job at the school as a janitor, the low pay is enough for his minimal expenses.

For his whole life he's squandered his gifts and got nowhere in life, achieving nothing but cheap pleasure and philosophical bullshit. Now with his powers he's suddenly important. What will he do with them?

Extras: His catchphrase "Stick your dick in a jellyfish" is an exclamation of surprise and joy like if you find 10$ on the ground or hear an awesome song. His less used negative exclamation is "Painless".

Argenteus

How is that "Absolute Omnipotence"? He has the power to know a lot more than anyone else in most cases, but even he can't know everything and there will be cases where he doesn't know something. Many of these. Furthermore, he's not like Superb's characters who can do pretty much anything. His power is information, and in combat he wouldn't always be at an advantage.

Last edited:

Argenteus

Not quite. Have you seen the TV show Heroes? You remember Silar? He was most recognizable for stealing people's powers and killing them, but the underlying ability of this was the ability to understand anything. There was also a girl, I don't remember her name, who could learn to do anything from watching someone else do it. A minor character.

My character is essentially these two combined at an extreme level, but with Silar's ability copying nerfed instead of improved like the understanding.

The name "Information Consciousness" may not be fluid, but it represents what he is and what he intends to become, what his ultimate goal is, his "Epic Destiny". This should give you some idea, get your mind thinking without revealing too much of his goal.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So Omni do you want me to edit Erebos?? I was planning to do so regardless, just as I did with Daaku. It is a lot easier to post an ability and then edit it after the fact. I can split Erebos powers or even drop his control and manifestation of energy if need be. I don't have any problems with that type of thing at all.

Argenteus stop freaking out all the time bro. When we battle and I use spirit bomb+super nova+Holy+nuclear warhead on you, then you can talk shit and complain the way you do. Until then, calm down and go with the flow.

Argenteus

-headdesk-

After reading Omni's most recent post, I have to restructure my entire post...yeah, tomorrow for sure.
And I'd appreciate if my intercom message occurred BEFORE you restored time, if that's alright. I didn't even know you could do that...

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
And I'd appreciate if my intercom message occurred BEFORE you restored time, if that's alright. I didn't even know you could do that...

Not for nothing but-

I made two characters. One that negates the effects of anomalies or physical conditions (how he healed David's cuts), but its on a level to weaken the former effects vs. neutralize both.

IE: Just the school, not all of Pleasington.

-I feel like you don't really read anything I'm trying to tell you, and its fairly frustrating.
-It would've been awkward to do that, given my post came about as Chris' shift had enacted, being the divine intervention (in Evan's case) that introduced a minor development in his abilities. Don't worry, I'm about to pass out in my next post because the shock is incredibly overwhelming he needs help just to hold himself up :)
-And restoring time? Didn't he repair the broken glass inside the lunch room in the previous day (IE: repairing by an physical condition and/or otherwise anomaly)

Argenteus

Well still, I'd rather not have my character humiliated by yours randomly, and it wouldn't make much of a difference for your character to have done his thing a few moments AFTER my message, would it?

After all, if you character's action occurred RIGHT after, than pretty much every post before you is rendered invalid.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Well still, I'd rather not have my character humiliated by yours randomly, and it wouldn't make much of a difference for your character to have done his thing a few moments AFTER my message, would it?

After all, if you character's action occurred RIGHT after, than pretty much every post before you is rendered invalid.

Nope, considering it took some time to even get outside the building as Omni thrashed the suited men, and then they were put back together slowly as the field was expanding, I'd say I wouldn't have to change the time frame at all. And if you had time to do your actions, students had time to slowly unstiffen and move regularly within the time frame of both of Omni's most recent posts which is the time frame of the blanket moving.

Unless I am requested to edit directly by Omni, I don't see a reason to. You're basically telling me out of a preference vs. the legitimacy of me attempting to chronologically follow post flow of events (given I did just shake david, as he began to panic things were already going into effect and your post follows after Kazem's when mine was taking effect fully just as his ends.) and that is unnecessary, out of chance what you're asking simply happened.

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
So Omni do you want me to edit Erebos?? I was planning to do so regardless, just as I did with Daaku. It is a lot easier to post an ability and then edit it after the fact. I can split Erebos powers or even drop his control and manifestation of energy if need be. I don't have any problems with that type of thing at all.

I'd rather you did, roughly on par with most of the other characters.

Argenteus stop freaking out all the time bro. When we battle and I use spirit bomb+super nova+Holy+nuclear warhead on you, then you can talk shit and complain the way you do. Until then, calm down and go with the flow.

Implying that's hard to counteract.

Argenteus

Nope, considering it took some time to even get outside the building as Omni thrashed the suited men, and then they were put back together slowly as the field was expanding, I'd say I wouldn't have to change the time frame at all. And if you had time to do your actions, students had time to slowly unstiffen and move regularly within the time frame of both of Omni's most recent posts which is the time frame of the blanket moving.

Unless I am requested to edit directly by Omni, I don't see a reason to. You're basically telling me out of a preference vs. the legitimacy of me attempting to chronologically follow post flow of events (given I did just shake david, as he began to panic things were already going into effect and your post follows after Kazem's when mine was taking effect fully just as his ends.) and that is unnecessary, out of chance what you're asking simply happened.
Look, I'm not asking you to make any MAJOR changes, just state that the intercom message occurred BEFORE your blanket. If you don't, I'll be forced to specifically state that it happened before the blanket and ignore everything you post to the contrary. I did not give you permission to humiliate my character, OR say when I did what I did.

I, as Crate's owner, have full control over when he did what, and I say that he did it before the blanket came out.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Look, I'm not asking you to make any MAJOR changes, just state that the intercom message occurred BEFORE your blanket. If you don't, I'll be forced to specifically state that it happened before the blanket and ignore everything you post to the contrary. I did not give you permission to humiliate my character, OR say when I did what I did.

A. It's a irrelevant subject, so why are you bitching so much about it?
B. He doesn't need permission to do what he did, seeing as how he did not take control of your character.
C. Yet it's alright for you to say when he did what he did?

I, as Crate's owner, have full control over when he did what, and I say that he did it before the blanket came out.

And he, as his character's owner, has the same. Ergo, drop it. It's a trivial subject.

Besides, the kids won't remember it at all once I'm done. Their minds will be fixated on something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back