• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions. Serious Questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta

Awards
*flips table* Ansem didn't make sure Sora ended up as TWTNW Young Xehanort did!
This is a lost cause, I'm going to bed too. =_=
This was one of the reasons I didn't post anything sooner, I didn't know how to answer his questions effectively and I soon saw that you all were beating a dead horse, lol.

Sora341

Awards
I appreciate the help from everyone... it is clearer .
Not sure why this was hard for me to understand ...
But let me get this straight
Xehamort in KH1knew that he wanted Sora for some reason,
But he just ASSUMED that Sora and Riku would end up in the realm of dreams?
he became the portal that day, just in case?

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I appreciate the help from everyone... it is clearer .
Not sure why this was hard for me to understand ...
But let me get this straight
But he just ASSUMED that Sora and Riku would end up in the realm of dreams?
he became the portal that day, just in case?

During KH1, Xehanort only had inclinations of his plan, it was not set in stone. He knew about Riku and Sora via Kairi, and although not explicitly stated, potentially through his connection with Terra, where having possessed his body he would have discovered about the ritual he performed on Riku.

Also, as was previously stated, in Coded we can see the robed man ("Ansem") helping Riku get off the island by opening a portal for him.
You can ask yourself, why did Riku all of a sudden want to visit the outside worlds? Kairi states that "Riku's changed".
This isn't in stone, but it would be safe to speculate that just as Young Xehanort encountered the robed man, who set him on his appointed path, the robed man also had a chat with Riku.
We don't know exactly how the islands all of a sudden became plunged in darkness, but from the dark ball that appears to swallow up the island, we can assume it was the same technique used by Master Xehanort on the Land of Departure.
Further, in Chain of Memories we see Zexion telling Riku that it was his fault the island was destroyed.
What I'm getting at is that it was the robed man, or Xehanort reduced to a heart that set all these things in motion, including Riku's change in attitude. How else would someone like Riku know to say, "The door has opened Sora! We can go wherever we want now!" It sounds like he was promised freedom of travel by someone like the robed man, in exchange for opening the world's door.

It can be assumed that he did all this on purpose to awaken the innate ability of the keyblade within Riku. And knowing that the keyblade awakened on that day, he knew that they would come back in time at some point to relearn how to use the keyblade properly. And either or candidate, Sora or Riku was apt at that time for Xehanort's plan, as you can argue that the keyblade had awakened for both Sora and Riku at relatively the same time, which is why Yen Sid sent both Riku and Sora back to that fateful night together.

To neaten it up, robed guy, Xehanort, saw the keyblade awaken within Sora and potentially Riku in real time, so he knew that one day they might return to relearn the way to use the keyblade properly, as being a keyblade master himself, perhaps it was common practice.

And about how you say he "became" the portal. He is literally the portal the whole time he is the robed guy. The moment he cast his own body out and became just a floating heart, he was a portal for any of the Xehanorts to access. He didn't choose to all of a sudden become a portal at that specific time.

Some guy

I'll try to explain how I understood the whole thing:

Ansem SoD, knowing that a keyblade wielder MAY be on destiny island (Terra's memory/ Kairi), decided to wait there for him/ her to appear.

Being a maniac, he decided to have a backup plan (for Master Xehanort), so he travels back in time to his younger self and ask him to gather 12 versions of himself thorough time and bring them to him most future self (the timeline's present, beyond DDD nothing has been decided yet). He did this to ensure that there would be 13 darknesses just in case Xemnas failed (and it's always better to have replacements) since the PoH would always be available to play the 7 light's part. He also tells YX about Riku just in case he fails to make him a vessel (since Riku is a likely candidate), ASSUMING Yen Sid (the last keyblade master he knew of) would find him and send him back in time to get to the RoS (for whatever reason, maybe the waking power thing? Or maybe he just knows Yen Sids' training methods). Please note Ansem already planned Destiny Island's destruction, so he knows full well they'll use destiny island to get to the sleeping worlds.

Ansem then goes back to KHI's Destiny Islands (forgetting what he did in the past as per the laws of time) to prey on Riku, and set in motion his personal plans, becoming this time period's "portal" without him knowing. He fails miserably, Riku's free, found by Yen Sid, sent back in time ...

YX makes a stop on Destiny Island on the day Ansem planned to destroy it, sees the time travelers (I suspect he did'nt expect Sora, our beloved "wild card'") and follows them in the RoS. He then hijacks their exam, leading them to Master Xehanort; however, Riku is no longer a suitable candidate due to his darkness resistance, so they choose Sora instead.

And that's how it played in my mind, feel free to point out any inconsistency.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

No he didn't.
It has been said more than once already that Xehanort had his sights set originally on RIKU, Sora was not even a blip on his radar.

The entire scenario that happened in DDD was a backup plan in case his schemes during KH 1 and KH 2 didn't work, and even while following this plan Xehanort and his cronies improvised and changed parts of the plan as it unfolded.
Young Xehanort himself said that they were targeting Riku initially, then Roxas (during Days) and then again Riku.
They only came to consider Sora when the events of DDD already started.

Ansem SoD (as Mr. Robe-guy) was on the Islands in KH 1 primary for starting the events of KH 1, that he was there to be used as a portal for the other Xehanort's to enter the Realm of Sleep was only a secondary issue for the fail-safe plan in case the others didn't work and he didn't need to be aware or know of it at that time.
Xehanort is planning ahead several steps, partly also by anticipating what his opponents may likely do and preparing plans that accommodate several actions they may take. Yen Sid sending one or several of his students to the Realm of Sleep in order to gain the powers to awaken sleeping hearts was one of the several things he anticipated and predicted (most likely because he himself caused several hearts, people and worlds alike, to fall into sleep).

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'll try to explain how I understood the whole thing:

Ansem SoD, knowing that a keyblade wielder MAY be on destiny island (Terra's memory/ Kairi), decided to wait there for him/ her to appear.

Being a maniac, he decided to have a backup plan (for Master Xehanort), so he travels back in time to his younger self and ask him to gather 12 versions of himself thorough time and bring them to him most future self (the timeline's present, beyond DDD nothing has been decided yet). He did this to ensure that there would be 13 darknesses just in case Xemnas failed (and it's always better to have replacements) since the PoH would always be available to play the 7 light's part. He also tells YX about Riku just in case he fails to make him a vessel (since Riku is a likely candidate), ASSUMING Yen Sid (the last keyblade master he knew of) would find him and send him back in time to get to the RoS (for whatever reason, maybe the waking power thing? Or maybe he just knows Yen Sids' training methods). Please note Ansem already planned Destiny Island's destruction, so he knows full well they'll use destiny island to get to the sleeping worlds.

Ansem then goes back to KHI's Destiny Islands (forgetting what he did in the past as per the laws of time) to prey on Riku, and set in motion his personal plans, becoming this time period's "portal" without him knowing. He fails miserably, Riku's free, found by Yen Sid, sent back in time ...

YX makes a stop on Destiny Island on the day Ansem planned to destroy it, sees the time travelers (I suspect he did'nt expect Sora, our beloved "wild card'") and follows them in the RoS. He then hijacks their exam, leading them to Master Xehanort; however, Riku is no longer a suitable candidate due to his darkness resistance, so they choose Sora instead.

And that's how it played in my mind, feel free to point out any inconsistency.

Finally!!! Yes you now grasp it for the most part. ;n;
The only thing I'd change is Ansem forgetting. YX says you forget any future knowledge but not past. Anyone going backwards already knows the past so there's no reason to forget it.
Meaning Ansem likely still remembers his back up plan, YX, and thus how MX and the other present versions knew of it by DDD.

As for YX stopping by DI during KH1, it's possible or it's possible Ansem seen a second version of Riku & Sora roaming around and sent YX with them figuring better safe than sorry.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Didn't notice that you answered while I was still typing, lol.
Yep, that's the main gist of it.
As for YX stopping by DI during KH1, it's possible or it's possible Ansem seen a second version of Riku & Sora roaming around and sent YX with them figuring better safe than sorry.

Since Sora & Riku entering the RoS served also as an entry point for the Xehanorts, I figure that YX has chosen to "stop by" there by default because it was already part of the backup plan.
YX knew what to do once the plan started since Ansem already instructed him about it, and that the plan was put in motion would be clear to him because he started to gather the Norts.

Some guy

Finally!!! Yes you now grasp it for the most part. ;n;
Errrr, I think you got the wrong guy ... I was just trying to explain how I understood the whole thing to Sora341.

The only thing I'd change is Ansem forgetting. YX says you forget any future knowledge but not past. Anyone going backwards already knows the past so there's no reason to forget it.
Meaning Ansem likely still remembers his back up plan, YX, and thus how MX and the other present versions knew of it by DDD.
I don't remember exactly what was said in DDD but I remember something about all timehoppers going back to their time period the way they left (be it forward or backward), so it's only normal to assume Ansem forgot everything.

I'd rather think Xehanort knew of Yen Sid's tendencies (because they knew each other), rather than some off screen explanation that was never hinted at ...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'd rather think Xehanort knew of Yen Sid's tendencies (because they knew each other), rather than some off screen explanation that was never hinted at ...

It's just as likely both, as the Robed Ansem definitely knew there were two Rikus and Soras running around that night, having sent one Riku personally to Hollow Bastion (as seen in Coded), he would have to know.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't remember exactly what was said in DDD but I remember something about all timehoppers going back to their time period the way they left (be it forward or backward), so it's only normal to assume Ansem forgot everything.
What is exactly said is you forget all the future events you, in this case YX, when you return to the past.
If it worked to were you forgot when going from present to past then Sora & Riku wouldn't remember going to DI to reach the RoD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Errrr, I think you got the wrong guy ... I was just trying to explain how I understood the whole thing to Sora341.

Lol, that may be because your usernames start both with "S" and you have both no avatar or signature.

Yea, but then you have to consider what exactly is Ansem SoD's time period? He was "created" when Apprentice Xehanort discarded his heart and also created Xemnas and existed (presumably) up to the last third of KH II when the explosion of Ansem the Wise's machine purged him from within Riku.
Any point in that time period however is already past the point where the backup plan was already devised, so he would still know of it cuz he's Xehanort's heart, and Xehanort made that plan.
Young Xehanort will forget anything that goes beyond the point of time he was taken from (when he was still on the islands), so by the rule Ansem would forget everything that goes beyond the last third of KH II, but by then the plan was already compltely planned, right?

Agreed, Xehanort may not exactly know, but he's a skilled manipulator who can read other people very accurately and predict their moves and likely reactions.

Some guy

It's just as likely both, as the Robed Ansem definitely knew there were two Rikus and Soras running around that night, having sent one Riku personally to Hollow Bastion (as seen in Coded), he would have to know.
I don't know ... maybe ... or maybe not.

What is exactly said is you forget all the future events you, in this case YX, when you return to the past.
If it worked to were you forgot when going from present to past then Sora & Riku wouldn't remember going to DI to reach the RoD.
That's a good point! However, I thought Xehanort and Yen Sid used different time travel methods ... Or do they all follow the same rules?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

That's a good point! However, I thought Xehanort and Yen Sid used different time travel methods ... Or do they all follow the same rules?

It may be different, but even if it's not Sora and Riku didn't return to their original time the way the Xehanorts did, they hopped into the Realm of Dreams and exited in real time. Yen Sid does say that there has to be a version of themselves at the source and destination, so idk

Gram

Banned
Awards

They did use different methods but given the most present self, DDD MX, knows what's happening shows that he too remembers everything he set up as Ansem even if he doesn't remember YXs time hopping cause YX forgets.
Xehanort only specified he forgets future info, Ansem going to the lpst isn't future info. ;3

Last edited:

Sora341

Awards
Cool. I understand it now. Thanks guys!
Im on my phone so its difficult to type a lot.
I'll probably start another thread with more questions or theories. I'm trying to figure out as much as I can about the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back