• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pushmo / Pullblox - I liked this game better when it was called Catherine.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Re: Pushmo / Pullblox - "I liked this game better when it was called Catherine."

thats the best pushmo EVAR! Bender is <small>kupo!</small>ing awesome. gonna try it out later.

Thanks! It's actually a rather simple puzzle.

Also, that Bender was custom sprited by myself. :3

I really should get back to finishing the full version...

pedrocs21

Re: Pushmo / Pullblox - "I liked this game better when it was called Catherine."

that Bender was custom sprited by myself. :3

O.O

the pushmo was easy, but its easilly the most impressive in this thread.

chuck-norris-he-approves-your-post.jpg

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Well I've got more custom sprites on the way.

Also, I'll share this: Pushmo Level Editor

EDIT: Here's another Pushmo I made (used the above editor so I'd see exactly how to place the blocks on the 3DS)
HNI_0049.jpg

And yes, you can go up either arm and still finish it. I tested for that specifically. The methods change slighly due to the shoulders, but once you're in the head, it's the same solution regardless of how you got there.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Scanned it and beat it pretty easily ;) For the original art work I rate it [****]

Later today I will try out your second one.

Fennyariel

Re: Pushmo 3D thread

Could somebody please tell me what this Catherine game is and where I can get it?

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Scanned it and beat it pretty easily ;) For the original art work I rate it [****]

Yeah, that one was easy. The other one... even I have trouble sometimes. XD

Fennyariel

I just scanned it and beat it and now I'm wondering if it's so stinking easy then how come the game gave it a hardness rating of 4 stars?!

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I just scanned it and beat it and now I'm wondering if it's so stinking easy then how come the game gave it a hardness rating of 4 stars?!

It's actually not the game, but twas Mirby who rated it. You can give your own custom pushmos a rating on your own assessment :p

I'll post a new pushmo pretty soon here

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Re: Pushmo / Pullblox - I LIKED THIS GAME BETTER WHEN IT WAS CALLED CATHERINE. PROBLEM, OVA?

I thought it was gonna be harder than it was but couldn't be bothered to fix the rating. That's all. XD

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Just beat this one as well. It wasn't too much harder and I'd rate it [***]

Incredible. Even I have trouble with that one sometimes. Which way'd ya go up?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Incredible. Even I have trouble with that one sometimes. Which way'd ya go up?

I chose the red ladder and then used the purple ladders/yellow switch to help me get to the flag.

edit:

Here is my new pushmo! Cecil <3

LEqHv.jpg

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I chose the red ladder and then used the purple ladders/yellow switch to help me get to the flag.

edit:

Here is my new pushmo! Cecil <3

LEqHv.jpg

Scanned.

Also, try going up the other way. It's probably just the same for the most part, but it's **** because of the fact you can go up either arm.

Fennyariel

I finally found a video on Youtube for the game Catherine. And it's not like Pushmo at all! Catherine is an adventure game, not a puzzle game. So could somebody please explain the title of this thread to me? I'm thinking maybe like they were going to call Pushmo Catherine at one time and found out there was already another game called Catherine and didn't want to have a platgarism suit? That's just a guess.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I finally found a video on Youtube for the game Catherine. And it's not like Pushmo at all! Catherine is an adventure game, not a puzzle game. So could somebody please explain the title of this thread to me? I'm thinking maybe like they were going to call Pushmo Catherine at one time and found out there was already another game called Catherine and didn't want to have a platgarism suit? That's just a guess.

*plagiarism

The thread title is a joke, based upon the formula "I liked x when it was called y," used when x bears some similarities to y. Now in Catherine (or at least its Nightmare segments), you have to climb a tower and pull blocks into key positions to reach the top (before you die). In Pushmo, you have to pull blocks into key positions to reach the top (to save the kid trapped in the puzzle, usually near the top).

Fennyariel

*plagiarism

The thread title is a joke, based upon the formula "I liked x when it was called y," used when x bears some similarities to y. Now in Catherine (or at least its Nightmare segments), you have to climb a tower and pull blocks into key positions to reach the top (before you die). In Pushmo, you have to pull blocks into key positions to reach the top (to save the kid trapped in the puzzle, usually near the top).

Ohhhh! Since I've never played Catherine I didn't know about the dream sequence, thanx! ;v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back