• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSP2 details leak from newspaper, more info coming January 27th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nah they're pretty different to me >__>
I'm waiting for the PSP3 to have 3D capabilities.
I take no issue with it but I see a crap ton of similarities between the PSP2 and DS. If that design ends up being fake though, I take back that comment. xD

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I'm waiting for the PSP3 to have 3D capabilities.
I take no issue with it but I see a crap ton of similarities between the PSP2 and DS. If that design ends up being fake though, I take back that comment. xD
I think they were talking hardware wise instead of design wise.

platinumrug

Shit I didn't even like the first PSP and the even shittier PSP go, not a big hand held fan at all. What's with all of these game makers adding 3G and shit to their devices, I hear a couple devices might be coming out with 3G capabilities... like why?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Shit I didn't even like the first PSP and the even shittier PSP go, not a big hand held fan at all. What's with all of these game makers adding 3G and shit to their devices, I hear a couple devices might be coming out with 3G capabilities... like why?

Because you will be able to connect to the internet pretty much anywhere, like a cell phone, instead of just connecting via wi-fi.
Thus you can play online multiplayer in the subway, for example.

Also, ewww at the rumored design. Too much needless grey.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I thought they said it wouldn't be able to slide

fyi, it is a fake. Just a photo-shop buisness.

original.gif

I am shocked at how much benefit of the doubt Kotaku is putting in this. It's *clearly* a fake. No question.

~The D-pad and face buttons are a direct lift from a leaked photo of the PlayStation Phone, right down to the glare patterns on the metallic sections!

~Oh, and the second nub was merely a copy/paste from the first (see included image). It's nearly pixel perfect.

~Even if it weren't a direct lift (which it is), let's remember that SonyEricsson and Sony's PlayStation devision are basically different companies, with different hardware designers. There is no reason that the buttons on both devices would come from the exact same mold.

~The fact that it features a "Memory Stick" and not a "Memory Stick Duo" is *proof positive* that this is BS. The original Memory Stick form factor is long dead. [en.wikipedia.org]

(How does this not raise red flags with *anybody* who looks at it?? Even the current PSP uses the "Duo" form factor. I know this and I've never even played a PSP.)

~Sony would more likely use Micro-SD than SD if they used Sd at all, although the 3DS does use a full size SD card, but Sony simply wouldn't.

~All that aside, why is there is no logo or branding on the "top screen" bezel? This would never happen on a Sony device, especially if we're expected to play touch-screen games on it while it's closed.

~A stylus? If the PSP2 does have a touch screen at all, it would likely be a capacitive screen, not a resistive one. The form factor does not lend itself to stylus use (in either opened or closed mode) and if Sony is going to promote PlayStation Phone to PSP2 compatibility,

Good thing it's fake, too, because it's pretty ugly.

You guys should actually be a little embarrassed for even considering that this might be real. It took all of 30 seconds to figure it out.

From BURNZrox on that Kotaku article.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What's with all of these game makers adding 3G and shit to their devices, I hear a couple devices might be coming out with 3G capabilities... like why?
Your joking right? 3G allows a handheld to be online virtually anywhere. Hell, I've posted on this forum from a supermarket before thanks to my new phone. For PSP2, the combination of assessable online & a 2nd analog means a huge surge in FPS games like Killzone & CoD.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I hope they have 3G support in all countries (especially mine)

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
The reasons always escape me why they never rectified this. RAM is garbage in the PS3. It's the main thing holding the system back from doing even more awesome things.

It gets the job done.

I'll admit, ram upgrades wouldve been a cool thing to have, considering it was marketed as a computer/regular game console.
It was expensive enough to begin with so I understand why they didnt do it but i cant explain why they left it out of the slim model.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
They got around the RAM problem with heavily utilizing multi-tasking with the Cell (at least Sony 1st-party devs did)

That is true, but other devs cant seem to figure it out. The team working on FF XIV for the PS3 comes to mind. At the same time, it would improve functions with the system all around making it a bit more streamlined. The browser could do with an upgrade <.<

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I certainly would want one. It would be an achievement if you could put all the classic games on a comfortable handheld. That alone would attract so many customers.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I certainly would want one. It would be an achievement if you could put all the classic games on a comfortable handheld. That alone would attract so many customers.

Unless its a dualshock of some sort with a screen, PS2 games on a handheld would not feel right to me. PS1 classics are fine because they hardly utilized a lot of the controller's features. It was a D-pad and buttons more type of thing. Thats why they can work IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back