• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSP custom firmware help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
okay... so recently i drained the battery of my psp 3000 (which had custom firmware installed... and of course since it shut down chickhen uninstalled---? not sure how to say it...---- and since that happenede, ofcourse CFW won't work either)

anyway, this morning i decided to reinstall the CFW(for about the tenth time). and when i finished installing it suddenly my psp is all slow and i had to turn it off. I went and reformatted my memory stick and restored system settings then tried again. Still my psp goes slow. I went and re-downloaded them... still didn't work.

to sum it up: after installing CFW (for psp 3000), my psp goes all laggy and slow (and by slow i mean it takes me 15 minutes to go to the "settings" tab from the "game" tab)

i've been going at it the entire morning and i'm pretty pissed off now e_e

any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Wicked

absurdiam
Once you turn off your psp and CheckHEN turns off, you should be able to activate it again and the custom firmware. Why did you need to reinstall it?

As for the speed of your psp, maybe you have a file that shouldn't be in there? I couldn't really say. Have a look through your memory stick for anything big, or not normal.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
I would say plug it into the computer and take a look around the memory stick. The only think I could think of is maybe when you went to re-install CFW all those times, it actually did install and you now have like ten versions of it trying to run on your PSP whenever you go to turn it on

S

Shadow Soldier

I say start over from scratch, completely restore the system to factory defaults. That way, you know there's nothing on there, and you can just put the CFW back on.

Wicked

absurdiam
If you can't find a way, I agree with Shadow Soldier, start from scratch... I know it's a bitch but if you want it to work, start again.

Btw, if it happens again, I highly suggest that you find another CFW, because it shouldn't happen again.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
how could you drain your battery? iv only drained it once when i had recently gotten it. but i charge like every night while i sleep, or charge it and leave it on sleep while listening to some songs and shit.

S

Shadow Soldier

He drained it on purpose so he could try and put the custom firmware back onto his PSP.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Its because you have the h.bin file in the mp root. When you reset to defult settings it deletes this and then you create it again in the hacking process. You couldve just gone on the pc and deleted the h.bin file. (I think its the h.bin or egghunt.bin maybe both. anyway just delete the files that arnt in the chickhen folder and are in the root.)

If you reset to defult then you need to add net passwords and themes and everything again .

Wicked

absurdiam
how could you drain your battery? iv only drained it once when i had recently gotten it. but i charge like every night while i sleep, or charge it and leave it on sleep while listening to some songs and shit.

My PSP runs out alot if I actually play it full on. The battery is pretty damn good though but doesn't last me the whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back