• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS3 or PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas1X

Banned
Hiya I know that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is coming out soon here in America and I just want to know what I should do?

Originally i I was going to save up for a PS4 to get the Demo for Final Fantasy 15 but apart of me would love to play 2.5 HD but the only problem is I would need to buy a PS3 first.
so sorry to coming here for the question but since I am a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts I'm having a hard time debating.

so what should I do? Get a PS3 and get 2.5?
or get a PS4 and prepare my self for KH3? And Final Fantasy 15?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
If you want a PS3 just for the collection(s), I'd say that you should go for the PS4. Chances are the PS4 will get these later on.

Sdog

Awards
If you want a PS3 just for the collection(s), I'd say that you should go for the PS4. Chances are the PS4 will get these later on.

This. With the hopeful and off chance these collections do come to PS4 you can take advantage of that purchase and you're already prepared for KH3 and FFXV.

KairiSakura03

Glad you made the decision to get a PS4! They can always port over the games in the future, so I think you made a good choice..there aren't a lot of games for the PS4 right now, but I think you will get a lot of enjoyment from it in the future, with FFXV coming out, Type-0, etc. :)

Roxas1X

Banned
Type 0 looks very promising if I keep saving I'll be able to get a PS4 in March ^_^

Roxas1X

Banned
Maybe I should I just get a PS3 now and wait for a better version of the PS4 to come out. I mean Final Fantasy 15 and KH3 won't be coming out for a while. What do you guys think?

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
Maybe I should I just get a PS3 now and wait for a better version of the PS4 to come out. I mean Final Fantasy 15 and KH3 won't be coming out for a while. What do you guys think?
better you get ps4 i know you wanna play kh2.5 so badly but you well get ps3 for kh2.5 only right but in ps4 you get many games true kh3 and ffxv ff type-0 well take time if you think you can save money fast than buy ps3 and save for ps4

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

If you're planning on getting Game(s) for the PS4. I recommend you to read my "Your PS4 Hard Drive" thread because that 500gb isn't going to help.

And remember, there's also Type 0 if you're interested. I'd recommend you getting it the PS3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now, as a future investment, I say a PS4 is the way to go. While there is no guarantee 1.5 or 2.5 will come to the PS4, I think it seems like a possibility considering how fast PS3s are getting phased out by consumers. Also with games like Type-0 HD w/FFXV demo, InFamous: Second Son & First Light, and so on, you won't find yourself in want of games with the PS4. You'll want to look into buying a new HDD since the PS4 requires you to install all of your games onto the hard drive.

If you are lucky, there will be clearance sales during Black Friday where PS3s will be ridiculously cheap so if you really want to play 2.5 in December, you should check that out. Also, why not ask around and see if any friends of yours have a PS3 and are willing to loan it to you or let you play 2.5 at their place? I used to do that when I was younger and played a bunch of 360 & PS3 games that way.

PS3 has a MASSIVE library and I can't imagine that there aren't any games you haven't been interested in on the system. If you are willing to wait for a PS4 (because they aren't going anywhere. You can always buy Type-0 HD without the console and play it when you have a PS4), you can always fill the time with playing some fantastic PS3 games.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Now, as a future investment, I say a PS4 is the way to go. While there is no guarantee 1.5 or 2.5 will come to the PS4, I think it seems like a possibility considering how fast PS3s are getting phased out by consumers. Also with games like Type-0 HD w/FFXV demo, InFamous: Second Son & First Light, and so on, you won't find yourself in want of games with the PS4. You'll want to look into buying a new HDD since the PS4 requires you to install all of your games onto the hard drive.

Wait, so you're saying it won't matter if I buy the physical copy of the game or download it because it's going to install on my HDD no matter what? I never knew that. That sounds like horseshit.

Anyway yeah go for the PS4 man. Not guaranteed that the HD Remixes will make it there but there are plenty of other games coming for it. Namely KH3, MGSV, FFXV, and No Man's Sky to name a few.

Sdog

Awards
Wait, so you're saying it won't matter if I buy the physical copy of the game or download it because it's going to install on my HDD no matter what? I never knew that. That sounds like horseshit.

Anyway yeah go for the PS4 man. Not guaranteed that the HD Remixes will make it there but there are plenty of other games coming for it. Namely KH3, MGSV, FFXV, and No Man's Sky to name a few.

Yup. Since both the PS4 and Xbone's architecture are so similar to that of PC's, all games need to be installed. And yup even when you install it you gotta keep the disc in =p. Luckily the PS4 install times are really quick, while the xbone lags quite a bit...

But imo the PS4 is completely worth it to invest in at this point. While it isn't a fact that the remixes are coming to PS4 though I want them to more than any other game (other than KH3 ofc), the library is doing nothing but expanding every week now and Type-0 is going to be a great jrpg addition come spring.

I'm still torn on going back and buying a PS3, solely because of the KH remixes. But here's something I swore to myself that may apply to you as well. If the remixes aren't announced for PS4 by end of spring, since 2.5 would have had it's sales grace time, I would cave and buy a PS3. Which would probably be even cheaper by that time!

And keep in mind, it's pretty much fact that DDD is getting remastered. It may even be for the PS4?!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Yup. Since both the PS4 and Xbone's architecture are so similar to that of PC's, all games need to be installed. And yup even when you install it you gotta keep the disc in =p. Luckily the PS4 install times are really quick, while the xbone lags quite a bit...

That's not the reason. Disc drives are just to slow compared to HDD and developers need fast systems in order to draw data faster as you play the game. Installing is a necessity this generation

Sdog

Awards
That's not the reason. Disc drives are just to slow compared to HDD and developers need fast systems in order to draw data faster as you play the game. Installing is a necessity this generation

It's like you agreed to yet contradicted me at the same time? That's what I was getting at by saying that they are like pcs. That they have to be installed on a hard drive to run better...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I'll have to invest more money into the PS4?

Yes, you will. But the cost-benefit is that you pay extra money to be able to have more games saved on your system without having to uninstall a game or two every time you want to add a new one.

And you were already going to have to invest money into the PS4 by buying games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back