• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Potential surprise world for KH4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

which is the best (most realistic) choice for kh4

• Total voters

welken

Awards
I would guess Guardians of the Galaxy is the most realistic choice for a left-field world. It just works. The character dynamics make it the obvious one to go for, even if any of the potential settings aren't as recognizable, by name at least, as Wakanda or Asgard.
To me, I think the ideal Marvel adaptation is a completely original Spider-Man world with Nomura designs, unlikely as that is.

I think Star Wars has always been an inevitability. It's gonna happen eventually, and it should. There's undeniable iconography that has inspired and would fit right into KH. There's a similar message even if the vocabulary is different. Sora will get it. Regardless of which movie they adapt, I can easily see him having fun with R2D2 and C-3P0.

As for live-action movies in general, I think there's still a chance Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland will make it to KH, as it basically has the structure of a video game and would adapt quite easily. It's visually distinct, and has a cool Jabberwock boss built-in. And the concept of an alternate version of an existing KH world jives better with Wonderland. It would be a surprising world that people didn't really ask for or expect, yet would be immediately accepted once footage is shown.
It would make sense to work in Angelina Jolificent somehow, given Maleficent's prominence you could do some weird stuff with two versions of her lurking around, whether her world is included or not.

I think The Muppets are also possible. I'd like that. Avatar feels possible too. I can see Pandora as a world. Given the theme park they're building, it feels more integrated into the Disney brand.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
In terms of surprise world be it Disney or acquired for the KHIV or the next KH game It's hard to say but I could envision perhaps maybe a film from the Blue Sky Studios library (Ice Age, Robots, Epic, Spies in Disguise) which Disney acquired through the Fox acquisition alongside Ferngully.

An even better alternative for a surprise would be putting an obscure live-action Disney film that most people hardly remember such as Black Hole, Flight of the Navigator, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Return to Oz, or Oz the Great and Powerful similar to how Nomura put in Tron (Space Paranoids) as a world in Kingdom Hearts II since I think it was his or the developer's favorite film and that world led to people who haven't watched the original film (myself included) to watch the film again.

Even Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland and the 2014 film Maleficent could be another surprise world for the next KH game (before KHIV) but I'd envision for those to appear they need to be in a realm or dimension where those worlds can be visited since I doubt they would be in the Realm of Light or Realm of Sleep like the other Disney worlds in past games.

I would guess Guardians of the Galaxy is the most realistic choice for a left-field world. It just works. The character dynamics make it the obvious one to go for, even if any of the potential settings aren't as recognizable, by name at least, as Wakanda or Asgard.
To me, I think the ideal Marvel adaptation is a completely original Spider-Man world with Nomura designs, unlikely as that is.

I think Star Wars has always been an inevitability. It's gonna happen eventually, and it should. There's undeniable iconography that has inspired and would fit right into KH. There's a similar message even if the vocabulary is different. Sora will get it. Regardless of which movie they adapt, I can easily see him having fun with R2D2 and C-3P0.
Eh, I'm mixed on having Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts, particularly, the latter.

I don't want to just shoehorned in Marvel and even Star Wars when literally the latter is the biggest influence for Kingdom Hearts

The Galaxy of Star Wars has several thousand planets and it requires permission from the Lucasfilm story group who are very protective of the current Star Wars canon, and it wouldn't make sense to shoehorn KH elements or better yet shoehorn Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts. Even the laws and rules of Star Wars are just to difficult to envision in a KH game as I don't know if a Keyblade against a Lightsaber will break off or withstand it upon contact plus the fact that Lightsabers can cut through objects and limbs as shown in the films.

On top of that it doesn't make sense to having the characters from Marvel and especially the Star Wars characters knowing about the existence of worlds outside of their own, because in most of the KH games, the majority of the Disney characters residing in their worlds, with some exceptions (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Maleficent, the Summons, Stitch, etc.) don't know about the existence of worlds. I just don't want to have The Galactic Empire/First Order, or Thanos and the Children of Thanos to become another recurring villain to know about the existence of other worlds and conquer them, just leave that to Xehanort, Organization XIII, Xigbar, the Fortellers and Maleficent and Pete.

Besides, isn't Kingdom Hearts inspired by Star Wars?!?!?

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
I doubt any of those will ever appear.. but if anything, maybe avengers world since square is making the avengers game.

welken

Awards
Eh, I'm mixed on having Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts, particularly, the latter.

I don't want to just shoehorned in Marvel and even Star Wars when literally the latter is the biggest influence for Kingdom Hearts

I don't think Star Wars and Marvel would feel any more "shoehorned" into KH than Pirates or Tron were. They're literally Disney properties now, for better or for worse (it's for worse, lol). I'm not sure it's even possible for any distinctive and family-friendly fantasy movie/franchise to be out of place in KH, where all worlds connect. Though I don't see any of the Fox stuff happening until Disney further sears their brand into them individually, with the exception of maybe Avatar.

It's true the current Lucasfilm hacks probably would not make it any easier on the KH developers, but after KH3, we know that's an issue across the board. The corporate micromanaging is going to be an obstacle with almost any newer movie being adapted for a world. It's pathetic, but it's just a matter of bureaucracy. Star Wars hasn't been treated so sacredly by Disney, it's simply a means to more capital. If Star Wars in KH seems like good business, they'll allow it. With an arbitrary list of caveats of course.

I think Star Wars fits KH, specifically because it has influenced it. There's nothing wrong with an individual world having its own magical vocabulary. The Force is fluid and all-encompassing, just like the Heart. It's a similar spiritual concept, which I see as more likely to harmonize with the message of KH, rather than contradicting it. I don't see why the keyblade couldn't go up against a lightsaber and win. It essentially already has several times against Xemnas. The Kingdom Key is probably also a saber of light in a sense. I like parallels like that. If Sora finally gets a mentoring arc, that would be the perfect time to finally incorporate SW, and mirror that dynamic against iconic mentors like Obi-Wan or Yoda.

I think it's perfectly natural for Star Wars or Marvel characters to be visited by characters from other worlds. They're quite used to it, and even if the metaphysics of gummi ships moving through interspace isn't the same as their interplanetary travel, most characters probably won't be able to perceive the difference. That's why I think Guardians of the Galaxy would work best of the Disney Marvel movies: the characters are worldly, independent and species-diverse, and wouldn't struggle to accept Sora, Donald and Goofy, after some chaos. There's even an anthropomorphic duck already in the movie.
Even if they did have the Guardians or the Millennium Falcon/Death Star out of their worlds, navigating the KH interspace like Monstro or Captain Hook, that seems like it would create way more fun opportunities than problems. Darth Vader and Thanos certainly carry more weight as villains than the Foretellers or the Organization. I think a variety of villains in particularly from all difference franchises is exciting. Kekfa should join the fun too.

I do love the idea of Return to Oz in KH. That really would be the best surprise.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I don't think Star Wars and Marvel would feel any more "shoehorned" into KH than Pirates or Tron were. They're literally Disney properties now, for better or for worse (it's for worse, lol). I'm not sure it's even possible for any distinctive and family-friendly fantasy movie/franchise to be out of place in KH, where all worlds connect. Though I don't see any of the Fox stuff happening until Disney further sears their brand into them individually, with the exception of maybe Avatar.

It's true the current Lucasfilm hacks probably would not make it any easier on the KH developers, but after KH3, we know that's an issue across the board. The corporate micromanaging is going to be an obstacle with almost any newer movie being adapted for a world. It's pathetic, but it's just a matter of bureaucracy. Star Wars hasn't been treated so sacredly by Disney, it's simply a means to more capital. If Star Wars in KH seems like good business, they'll allow it. With an arbitrary list of caveats of course.

I think Star Wars fits KH, specifically because it has influenced it. There's nothing wrong with an individual world having its own magical vocabulary. The Force is fluid and all-encompassing, just like the Heart. It's a similar spiritual concept, which I see as more likely to harmonize with the message of KH, rather than contradicting it. I don't see why the keyblade couldn't go up against a lightsaber and win. It essentially already has several times against Xemnas. The Kingdom Key is probably also a saber of light in a sense. I like parallels like that. If Sora finally gets a mentoring arc, that would be the perfect time to finally incorporate SW, and mirror that dynamic against iconic mentors like Obi-Wan or Yoda.

I think it's perfectly natural for Star Wars or Marvel characters to be visited by characters from other worlds. They're quite used to it, and even if the metaphysics of gummi ships moving through interspace isn't the same as their interplanetary travel, most characters probably won't be able to perceive the difference. That's why I think Guardians of the Galaxy would work best of the Disney Marvel movies: the characters are worldly, independent and species-diverse, and wouldn't struggle to accept Sora, Donald and Goofy, after some chaos. There's even an anthropomorphic duck already in the movie.
Even if they did have the Guardians or the Millennium Falcon/Death Star out of their worlds, navigating the KH interspace like Monstro or Captain Hook, that seems like it would create way more fun opportunities than problems. Darth Vader and Thanos certainly carry more weight as villains than the Foretellers or the Organization. I think a variety of villains in particularly from all difference franchises is exciting. Kekfa should join the fun too.

I do love the idea of Return to Oz in KH. That really would be the best surprise.
To each their own but as I said, compared to Pixar which I wanted Pixar appear after the first KH game and even Kingdom Hearts II and Dream Drop Distance, for Marvel and Star Wars (even before their acquisitions) I've seen fans become rabid on wanting them in and being shoehorned into KH. Not to mention I just don't want the Star Wars villains (Darth Vader, The Galactic Empire, First Order) or even the Marvel villains to be aware of the existence of other worlds and be a part of the KH conflict. Just leave it to just the original antagonists (Organization XIII, Xigbar, the Foretellers, Xehanort) and Maleficent and Pete.

Their are several Disney Live-action films in the fantasy and sci-fi genre that could be a surprise world how Nomura put in Tron (Space Paranoids) as a world in Kingdom Hearts II and some of them are obscure and forgotten live-action Disney film that most people hardly remember such as Black Hole, Flight of the Navigator, Return to Oz, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, or Oz the Great and Powerful I would take those over Marvel and Star Wars.

2 quid is good

Awards
Donald Duck, Sephiroth, and Darth Vader
Hah

EDIT: I might as well leave my two pence here while I'm at it. The truth is very simple, the majority of KH fans point blanc just don't want any of these properties to be featured in KH, and that's the long and short of it. You can find your snippets of interviews from 2014 with Nomura saying Marvel might be tough, or rationalise it all you want, but really all of it stems from the fact that many of do not want these IPs to be featured so instead of thinking of extremely creative ways to incorporate them, that creativity is used to think up reasons why they shouldn't be in.

I agree with much of what has been said here, I either don't want or don't think any of these options will get a look in KH. Regrettably it seems Marvel and Star wars have ever increasing chances, but I think KH should stick with "Disney" movies, not movies or IPs from appropriated studios. I guess I'm a purist or something. I just really don't like the idea of it.

The only one that really appeals to me is Narnia and that's really it

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Hah

EDIT: I might as well leave my two pence here while I'm at it. The truth is very simple, the majority of KH fans point blanc just don't want any of these properties to be featured in KH, and that's the long and short of it. You can find your snippets of interviews from 2014 with Nomura saying Marvel might be tough, or rationalise it all you want, but really all of it stems from the fact that many of do not want these IPs to be featured so instead of thinking of extremely creative ways to incorporate them, that creativity is used to think up reasons why they shouldn't be in.

I agree with much of what has been said here, I either don't want or don't think any of these options will get a look in KH. Regrettably it seems Marvel and Star wars have ever increasing chances, but I think KH should stick with "Disney" movies, not movies or IPs from appropriated studios. I guess I'm a purist or something. I just really don't like the idea of it.

The only one that really appeals to me is Narnia and that's really it
Does Disney still own Narnia? I thought they sold it by Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

D

Deleted member 252753

Does Disney still own Narnia? I thought they sold it by Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was actually distributed by Fox, which Disney now owns. Meanwhile, rights for future films have returned to the estate of C.S.Lewis and apparently Netflix have got a deal to make films now but I don't know whether Disney can still make videogames based on their and Fox's film versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was actually distributed by Fox, which Disney now owns. Meanwhile, rights for future films have returned to the estate of C.S.Lewis and apparently Netflix have got a deal to make films now but I don't know whether Disney can still make videogames based on their and Fox's film versions.
I doubt it since they have to get permission from the C.S. Lewis estate to have a Narnia world to appear in Kingdom Hearts which requires secondary rights permissions. Same can be said for James and the Giant Peach and The BFG as I don't think any of them will be worlds due to the fact that the film adaptations were based on a book and they are owned by the Roald Dahl estate.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I know at the end of the day this all "fantasy booking" and "wishful speculation", but it is still fun to discuss with you guys about what IF one of these properties did find it's way into the series eventually. Maybe not KHDDD2 or KH4, but maybe a KH5 or KH6 (assuming the series really goes on for that long). Really the most "realistic" and welcome surprise world for me would certainly be Gargoyles since that at the very least IS Disney. Sure it has it's own share of obstacles to overcome to be approved including Nomura wanting it because it is his story, however all of that pales in comparison to all the franchises on this list.

Narnia completely slipped my mind. In the midst of other fantasy juggernauts like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Game of Thrones, it usually is overlooked by the masses and rarely referenced. Battling Jadis (The White Witch) along with Aslan would be neat if weren't for the total mess of copyrights that other memebers here have mentioned already.

dianted

Awards
For live-action, which is probably gonna be one of the “surprise” worlds, Burton’s Alice is the biggest contender for me. I don’t see Tron or Pirates returning and I think they could easily make a ton of references to KH1 Wonderland and shrug it off by Wonderland just being, well, weird.

As for Marvel/Star Wars, I’ve never been a fan of SW so I can’t speak too much about it, but honestly, I wouldn’t be angry if they made like their own mini SW story for a world or series of worlds. I think a Darth Vader secret boss/lightsaber keyblade is more exciting, but whatever.

As for Marvel, the only few stories I see working are Spider-Man in NYC, Thor in Asgard, or the Guardians in space. Personally, I’d prefer to see Thor done because Asgard offers a bit of a different scenery and I feel like Loki would make an amazing KH villain, but also because I really want to see the Incredibles next and if NYC or a team of superheroes were featured it would be redundant or cut out and no thanks.

Perkilator

Awards
No offense, but with a poll like this, the options are kind of limited. When I saw the title, I expected something like, say, Emperor’s New Groove or Treasure Planet, or something. You know, something less mainstream, as opposed to what was listed on the poll.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet would be a nice welcome surprise too yes, however because they are Disney films it is not in the unexpected way that these would be. You do give me an idea for a new thread though. Thank you for that.

PikaPal

Awards
Probably won't happen since it seems Disney couldn't care less about them these days but a Muppets world would be a real hoot, especially if it had moments like Sora wondering why he looks like a Muppet and the likes of Statler, Waldorf and even Fozzie making jokes about the series.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
TBH, I've had elevator pitches in my head for live action Super Mario Bros. movie & Home Improvement (yes, the ABC sitcom) worlds. To me Marvel & Star Wars are easy mode by comparison.

Last edited:
Back