• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Potential surprise world for KH4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

which is the best (most realistic) choice for kh4

• Total voters

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It would be pretty funny seeing Homer try and strangle the Heartless.
I wish you had not said that, because now I want to see it. I want to see him strangle a Heartless and watch it evaporate from that.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
1. Honestly, that statement about "most Disney characters not knowing of outside worlds" sounds more an assumption than factual. Like how was this claim ever verified in-universe? Someone literally went to every single world in existence & played 20 questions with the entire populations of all of them?

2. Made more sense back in KH1 when most Disney worlds weren't that advanced. But now that there's more worlds with 20th century or later technology, I'd expect astrometry to be a thing in them.

3. There already is a United Galactic Federation courtesy of Lilo & Stitch. A governing body comprised of multiple alien races (who all must've been native to The One World) that already enforces travel among the stars exists in KH already. What is Star Wars gonna do to KH lore that Deep Space hasn't already?

4. SW is literally set in "a galaxy far, far away", it's setting was designed from day one to be isolated from our known universe. People living in that galaxy know next to nothing about what exist beyond said galaxy (Heck, according to Disney canon, most people apparently don't know what jedi are anymore despite only being a few decades removed from their height. People in SW aren't bright folks). In KH terms, the whole galaxy would collectively be a "world", sitting in it's own corner away from the rest of the universe.

5. Xehanort & Foretellers are lamer than Empire/Thanos & Maleficent's doing jack shit. I'll take the upgrade thank you very much.

Have a conveniently placed blackhole warp the gummiship across space to the SW galaxy, have the discovery of worlds outside the galaxy be a classified secret the Empire keeps under wraps while they study captured heartless specimens or something. Have sith lords become fascinated with the new ways the "dark side" manifests itself that they never seen before that an original villain presents to them. Then have all of the bad guys in the know die off in battle & the good guys promising to remain hush hush so the order is preserved. There are ways to go about this where it'll work out so why be dismissal?

One hundred and ten percent agreed @MATGSY . Mostly with points 1, 3, & 4. The Star Wars level could easily be presented the same way how Hollow Bastion was in KH2. This grand world that have two other worlds within it in both Hundred Acre Wood and Space Paranoids. That's how I envision it if Star Wars is a thing in the realm of possibility for a Kingdom Hearts 4.

@DizneyXBirds95 This whole canon talk is one of the things that I believe ruins so many fictional works whether it's Star Wars or Marvel or DC or Dragon Ball etc. Same reason why I hate that dreadful "Bat Embargo" from back in the early 2000s when Justice League Unlimited and The Batman were both on air at the same time. They thought general audiences wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the different universes/continuities apart and decided against having any of the Batman villains appear in JLU. I don't understand why the Lucasfilm story group wouldn't allow them to use Star Wars in KH. Why? For example SDG teaming with Beast against Maleficent in KH1 doesn't effect the "canon" of what occurred in both Sleeping Beauty & Beauty and the Beast. Or again in KH1 when SDG with Ariel fought Ursula and we never got to the whole meeting Eric movie plot until the second game, but did that confuse audiences or mess with the canon of the Little Mermaid? I doubt people will think if they see Sora beat the Emperor in a KH game, that's how it really went down in Return of the Jedi.

I just thought about something...Isn't EA sports the only company allowed to do Star Wars in videogames? If so that means they would have to approach EA about doing Star Wars in which they obviously would want a cut of the rewards and it...would completely derail the possibility of Star Wars being included completely.

It would be pretty funny seeing Homer try and strangle the Heartless.

@Zettaflare The imagery this produced in my head after reading this is tremendously hilarious. I probably want Simpsons in Kingdom Hearts more than Star Wars now just for this alone. Dan Castellaneta will at least have more to do between voicing Genie and Homer if both Agrabah AND Springfield get included in KH4.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just thought about something...Isn't EA sports own the only company allowed to do Star Wars in videogames. If so that means they would have to approach EA about doing Star Wars in which they obviously would want a cut of the rewards and it...would completely derail the possibility of Star Wars being included completely.
Sorta? There's still Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga from WB Games coming (low-key one of my more anticipated game
of 2020 tbh). So some degree of wiggle room exists.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
@Zettaflare The imagery this produced in my head after reading this is tremendously hilarious. I probably want Simpson in Kingdom Hearts more than Star Wars now just for this alone. Dan Castellaneta will at least have more to do between voicing Genie and Homer if both Agrabah AND Springfield get included in KH4.
Jim Meskimen has taken over as the new voice of the Genie since 2008, plus in the Re: Coded scenes from the HD 2.5 Collection Jim voices the Genie instead of Dan Castellaneta.

Besides the reason Dan hasn't done any new voiceover work is because of his commitment to the Simpsons.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Jim Meskimen has taken over as the new voice of the Genie since 2008, plus in the Re: Coded scenes from the HD 2.5 Collection Jim voices the Genie instead of Dan Castellaneta.

Besides the reason Dan hasn't done any new voiceover work is because of his commitment to the Simpsons.

I didn't know he got replaced for Genie. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe they would have him be Genie again IF the Simpsons also got included too (all hypothetical of course).

Back to the Simpsons discussion, does anyone have any ideas what the locations would be for a potential Kingdom Hearts Springfield? I think at least we get to venture through the Simpson family home, the factory Homer works at, the school Bart and Lisa attend, and Moe's bar (Having SDG in a bar could be risky to pull off. I mean as long as we don't see Sora chugging down a beer right?) . Maybe some original areas in addition to the iconic areas like they did with Toy Box in KH3. Perhaps a circus/amusement park area run by Krusty or something.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Back to the Simpsons discussion, does anyone have any ideas what the locations would be for a potential Kingdom Hearts Springfield? I think at least we get to venture through the Simpson family home, the factory Homer works at, the school Bart and Lisa attend, and Moe's bar (Having SDG in a bar could be risky to pull off. I mean as long as we don't see Sora chugging down a beer right?) . Maybe some original areas in addition to the iconic areas like they did with Toy Box in KH3. Perhaps a circus/amusement park area run by Krusty or something.
Land of Chocolate world:

Bring in the Sinister Sweets heartless as the boss.

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
So I was scrolling through Disney+ this morning and stumbled across an old movie I haven’t seen in years that feels like it could be a heck of a hub world for KH.

The movie was Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Can you imagine a world with essentially 2 distinct worlds in it? You have the “real” world, set in the early times of gangsters and P.I.’s, and then down the way you enter toon town, where anything can happen, and tons of Disney properties can exist, shown in the movie are Mickey, Minnie, Donald, goofy, and Daisy, all of whom are already within the KH universe.

however (and this is why I was surprised to see it on Disney+) it also contains other big time toons like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Tweety Bird, Porky Pig and several more. It would seem Disney must own the movie rights, but not all the properties within the film. But I would think it would be pretty easy to fill Toon Town with the original characters the movie has, and/or Disney only properties.

i think it would be a fun world which would be an interesting “case” for our heroes to investigate and with two distinct worlds built in it would be entertaining for players as well. It could be a hub world for challenges and mini games galore.

it’s certainly not a main stream or modern movie, but I think it could play well in KH. It might not be “big” enough for a numbered title, but a smaller game with that world might well be awesome

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Disney possibly doesn't own Roger Rabbit however. The original Nigel's author is still alive and the film was co-produced with Speilburg's company. It's been rumored that the show Bonkers was created because Disney didn't have the rights to Roger.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Disney possibly doesn't own Roger Rabbit however. The original Nigel's author is still alive and the film was co-produced with Speilburg's company. It's been rumored that the show Bonkers was created because Disney didn't have the rights to Roger.
@MATGSY You're forgetting that Roger Rabbit was distributed by Touchstone Pictures (which is a subsidiary of Disney) so they own the rights to the movie and character besides you do realize that Nightmare Before Christmas (which was created and written by Tim Burton) was first released under Touchstone Pictures and that didn't stop that film from getting into Kingdom Hearts.

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
That is interesting. I would have guessed that Roger and Jessica Rabbit were definitely owned by Disney. good research. Perhaps they could run the world without roger rabbit? Just run an original storyline of toons colliding with the regular world and toon town

D

Deleted member 252753

According to Wikipedia, Disney own the rights to the film and merchandising. Apparently there have been a few video games featuring Robber Rabbit, though not since the Nineties

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
@MATGSY You're forgetting that Roger Rabbit was distributed by Touchstone Pictures (which is a subsidiary of Disney) so they own the rights to the movie and character besides you do realize that Nightmare Before Christmas (which was created and written by Tim Burton) was first released under Touchstone Pictures and that didn't stop that film from getting into Kingdom Hearts.
Making a film based on a book doesn't automatically mean they own the book. Disney made a Super Mario Bros film also, do they own Mario now?

Soldier

Awards
Even if they were to make a Star Wars world, they'd need to designate a party member to fight alongside SDG, thus, I nominate Jar Jar Binks for that slot! He's my favorite Star Wars character after all.
As a devout Simpsons fan, I'd love to see a world or at least some form of a cameo. Maybe Kang and Kodos abduct the Gummi Ship alla Captain Hooks ship and are in league with Mr. Burns for whatever reason. I know that the Simpsons is a bit controversial with japanese audiences (Bart's rebellious nature goes against their traditional views) but something woudl be nice, no matter how small.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wouldn't want Star Wars as a world. I can see Anakin or Obi-Wan being a guest character in another world (a la Cloud in Olympus). The only way I would like Star Wars as a world is if it were somewhat like Atlantica in KH2. There could be wormholes that open after completing secret requirements in random locations, when you go into the wormhole you play a part of the story (like certain segments of the film). That would create an excuse for moving to the various locations in the Star Wars films. After you complete one segment, you leave the world and have to do other requirements to open another wormhole.

Out of the list above, I think the best choice would be Avatar. It's a contained world and story, has beautiful scenery that would work for world exploration, has characters that can be party members, and is live action so it can replace Pirates. Also, there can be a form change.

Soldier

Awards
I wouldn't want Star Wars as a world. I can see Anakin or Obi-Wan being a guest character in another world (a la Cloud in Olympus). The only way I would like Star Wars as a world is if it were somewhat like Atlantica in KH2. There could be wormholes that open after completing secret requirements in random locations, when you go into the wormhole you play a part of the story (like certain segments of the film). That would create an excuse for moving to the various locations in the Star Wars films. After you complete one segment, you leave the world and have to do other requirements to open another wormhole.

Out of the list above, I think the best choice would be Avatar. It's a contained world and story, has beautiful scenery that would work for world exploration, has characters that can be party members, and is live action so it can replace Pirates. Also, there can be a form change.
I have always wondered how KH would tackle phosphorescent object. I know we got a brief glimpse of that with the deep sea heartless in The Caribbean. Bio luminescence hasn't been tackled in early video games, so it would be nice to see some games incorporate this natural lighting feature. The only one that pops into my head is ARK survival evolved.

blank points

Awards
Speaking as a huge Star Wars fan, I don't know if I would want to see it in KH or not. As others have noted, due to the immense lore and potential areas, it would probably be difficult to implement properly. I would still take it, though, if they could think of a good enough storyline for it. As for Marvel, although I have never been the biggest Marvel fan, I loved Into the Spider Verse, and I honestly think that would be great for KH. The storyline and characters would mesh pretty well, and the visual design would fit in KH's aesthetic as well. Spider Verse is definitely my first choice for Marvel in KH.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Speaking as a huge Star Wars fan, I don't know if I would want to see it in KH or not. As others have noted, due to the immense lore and potential areas, it would probably be difficult to implement properly. I would still take it, though, if they could think of a good enough storyline for it. As for Marvel, although I have never been the biggest Marvel fan, I loved Into the Spider Verse, and I honestly think that would be great for KH. The storyline and characters would mesh pretty well, and the visual design would fit in KH's aesthetic as well. Spider Verse is definitely my first choice for Marvel in KH.

This confuses me a bit though. Everyone keeps saying Star Wars has this enormous lore that can't possibly fit into the Kingdom Hearts story, yet Marvel arguably has more of a vast amount of characters and stories to follow. Not to mention all the multiple universes and different continuities/timelines. The fact you pointed out Spider-Verse is proof of that. Of all things to include I think Spider-Verse would be one of the last ones to use as an introduction to Marvel in KH. We want SDG to meet Spider-Man for the first time and have it be this whimsical, awesome experience. Not a confusing, jumbled up one where SDG meet multiple versions of the same character at the same time. At least the Star Wars story is far simplistic by comparison if you just incorporate the original trilogy. Or even if you include all three SW trilogies it would still be miniscule compared to Marvel.

Coming from someone who has always been more into Marvel Comics than Star Wars, mostly Spider-Man and X-Men since the early 90s, I am in the belief Star Wars has at least a slightly higher chance of making it in a KH game before Marvel does. There is just too much to figure out with Marvel. Again I ask which versions would they settle with? The live-action MCU versions. The cartoons from the 90s? The cartoons from the 2000s? Would it just be some bizarre combination of all the above? Marvel also has MANY planets/worlds within it's universe as well. X-Men, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Silver Surfer are just a few examples of that.

Back to Star Wars, they could either start us out in the original trilogy/original story or start way at the beginning with the prequel trilogy/original story. I don't think there is that much of a demand for the sequel trilogy to be included, with all the reception those movies have been receiving lately. Darth Maul is a badass character, in my opinion the only good thing about Phantom Menace, however Darth Vader is obviously the far more popular character and quite possibly THE number one popular character of the franchise..Having Vader in KH as an adult opposed to young Anakin would make sense for a marketing standpoint alone. Maul would make a good optional boss battle yes I am all in for that too, but Vader is the one I am sure more fans around the globe would be excited to indulge in a boss fight with. SDG teaming with Luke against Vader and the Emperor seems too good a deal to pass up.

You know in hindsight maybe I should have put other things on the list too after reading about others discussing Roger Rabbit. Traveling between the 1940s noire and Toon Town would make for a unique world. Solving different cases and doing for clue searching puzzle games would give it some diversity amongst the worlds. Fighting the Weasels would be hilarious, and as for Judge Doom, that would be an epic battle. It would be hilarious to observe how Sora would react to seeing Jessica Rabbit. Horny teenager Sora incoming. Only problem with that world I think is in the KH universe Mickey and the gang already live at Disney Castle while in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Mickey and crew live in Toon Town. Unless they create a story where Mickey, Donald, etc. had to migrate from Toon Town to Disney Castle for some reason like maybe Toon Town got corrupted by darkness and Mickey was too weak to combat it in the past or something.
the_weasels_by_wackko200_d2lgqh3-fullview.jpg
judge_doom_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg
unnamed.jpg
d92fd262bfc19bf93001506e30d3e6ef.jpg

One more thing, something else I completely forgot to put on the list and it maybe has a greater possibility than all the rest...The Muppets! Disney officially owns the franchise now. What would you all think about Kermit and the gang being in KH? The Muppet world could be the new "rest world" like Hundred Acre Wood. Or maybe meet the Muppets in Radiant Garden or Twilight Town.

Last edited:
Awards
I want a Simpsons world for the laughs alone, provided the world isn't toned down too much. The true of the matter is that KH isn't designed to suit the interests of people above age ~15.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I want a Simpsons world for the laughs alone, provided the world isn't toned down too much. The true of the matter is that KH isn't designed to suit the interests of people above age ~15.

Not to go completely off topic, but this right here is the main reason why after KH4 I am exiting out of the series. Playing KH3 did give me an unfortunate reality check that perhaps I have finally matured past this series. Unless they introduce more mature themes soon and don't have Sora stuck at 16 years old forever. Even characters like Anakin and Goku grew up eventually in their own respective stories. Whether KH4 is a great game or a bad one, either way I have to get some final closure that KH3 didn't provide for me and finally move on. I sincerely hope KH4 will end on a better note similar to KH2, we will see. If not then..whatever I guess, still moving on.

Anyhow back on this topic, I first have to say thank you everyone so far for getting involved in this rather interesting discussion. Learning quite a bit from this thread actually. Seems like (as I call them the "obvious two") Star Wars is in the lead with Marvel in second. I am genuinely (and pleasantly) surprised that both Ferngully and Anastasia have a much votes as they do as they are tied in third place. They both surpassed the likes of the Simpsons and Indiana Jones combined. From a story perspective, especially if they do continue with the new Princesses of heart storyline, both Crysta and Anastasia could easily contribute to that.

Back