• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible lead on Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
It was never confirmed that Xemnas knew exactly who was in that chamber. If anything, he was probably following a gut feeling that existed because of Terra's influence. ... Well, that, and the fact that it seems like he spent time talking to Aqua's armor. So there actually IS a reason why he might at least have a hint that CO had something important hidden inside.

As for how the Norts knew about the datascape... yeah, he's an omniscient troll. There isn't a very good explanation for that one at all. >_>
I don't find the explanation for the Chamber one compelling at all myself. How does he even know the Chamber exists? He seems pretty assured that is where his "friend" is. I don't see the Terra influence as being compelling either since Terra also didn't know anything about Ventus' fate lol. I also don't think there is anything to really suggest Aqua's armor is sentient either. For me it seems like he just knows it because he knows it and to build up mystery but I highly doubt it will ever actually be explained. These characters just know things because they need to know things. It's like Riku knowing that the reason Roxas could wield the Keyblade was specifically because he was Sora's Nobody. Like no one taught him that, but he has to know it so that the player can know it lol.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't find the explanation for the Chamber one compelling at all myself. How does he even know the Chamber exists? He seems pretty assured that is where his "friend" is. I don't see the Terra influence as being compelling either since Terra also didn't know anything about Ventus' fate lol.
Hearts and memories are funny things. This wouldn't be the first time some bond between characters or other heart weirdness produced some knowledge-ex-machina.

I also don't think there is anything to really suggest Aqua's armor is sentient either.
You tell me why Xemnas bothered periodically talking to it, then. ;P

Actually it was confirmed. Xemnas knew exactly who was in that chamber and that the chamber was in the castle.

BBS Ultimania - 20 Mysteries Solved! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Okay then. So Terra rubbed off on Xemnas and gave him memories about Ventus. Though the interview doesn't explicitly state how he was able to deduce that Ven's body was in Castle Oblivion... I'm just going to assume the armor had something to do with that until someone gives me a convincing explanation otherwise.

Anagram

Banned
Okay then. So Terra rubbed off on Xemnas and gave him memories about Ventus. Though the interview doesn't explicitly state how he was able to deduce that Ven's body was in Castle Oblivion... I'm just going to assume the armor had something to do with that until someone gives me a convincing explanation otherwise.

Like Audo is saying or I've been trying to point out Xehanort in all forms just seems to know shit he logically shouldn't at times. Even the notion of Terra influence makes no sense because Terra shouldn't know Ven is there either. We dont even know if Terra had influence. We know his memories were accessible to Ansem & Xemnas but beyond that any claims of influence starts to fall into personal perception of some events.

For instance I see nothing but Xehanort in Ansem & Xemnas now like Audo after DDD and it basically having everything really be old Nort behind the scenes ruling these beings intentions and plans.
Personally I seen Xemnas calling the armor friend more of Xehanorts rather warped humor. Making light of it. But meh ya really never know at this point.

LightAndOblivion

Well Xemnas was talking to Aqua's armor for days on end at times and Xigbar did say that be heard a voice once respond back to Xemnas.

We all know armors could apparently get life on its own if enough emotion is put into due to that old Japanese folktale. Like Terra's hatred for Xehanort. Maybe Aqua's strong desire to save Terra from the darkness at that moment gave some life to that armor. Maybe not to the same extent as with Terra.

Maybe then that possible LS of Aqua's would then tell Xemnas everything thinking he's Terra which she's not really wrong since it was his body.

Atleast that's what I believed for years

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
You tell me why Xemnas bothered periodically talking to it, then. ;P
Same reason he talks to the effin moon. He's a bit of a nut.

Well Xemnas was talking to Aqua's armor for days on end at times and Xigbar did say that be heard a voice once respond back to Xemnas.
No he didn't. The way the scene is written Xigbar says he heard Xemnas talking to someone. Which can imply a second voice, but it can also just mean that Xigbar heard Xemnas talking aloud and assumed it was to another person. A second voice isn't really explicitly confirmed in the scene.

Maybe Aqua's strong desire to save Terra from the darkness at that moment gave some life to that armor.
Trouble with this theory is that we only ever see Aqua's armor in a broken state. When the Lingering Will was formed it formed the armour and it stayed formed.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Wasn't it Xigbar who even said that Xemnas wanted it because of his "other friend"?

Anagram

Banned

We all know armors could get life on its own if enough emotion is put into it like Terra's hatred for Xehanort. Maybe Aqua's strong desire to save Terra from the darkness at that moment gave some life to that armor. Maybe not to the same extent as with Terra.

Maybe then that possible LS of Aqua's would then tell Xemnas everything thinking he's Terra which she's not really wrong since it was his body.

Atleast that's what I believed for years
It's possible. I remember one theory I seen said that maybe Xemnas was talking to another Xehanort as well. *shrugs* Former seems more likely at least until DDD.

Also I gotta sleep now. Bye everyone =w=

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Wasn't it Xigbar who even said that Xemnas wanted it because of his "other friend"?
Yeah. And how did Xigbar know that?

See it just never stops lol. These characters know things just because they need to know things.

At least with the Ventus thing it actually makes sense for Xehanort to have put the pieces together lol.

LightAndOblivion

Same reason he talks to the effin moon. He's a bit of a nut.

No he didn't. The way the scene is written Xigbar says he heard Xemnas talking to someone. Which can imply a second voice, but it can also just mean that Xigbar heard Xemnas talking aloud and assumed it was to another person. A second voice isn't really explicitly confirmed in the scene.

Trouble with this theory is that we only ever see Aqua's armor in a broken state. When the Lingering Will was formed it formed the armour and it stayed formed.

I could have sworn one of the translations said Xigbar heard a voice did respond to Xemnas. At the very least he seems to imply a conversation was going on and unless Xemnas likes talking to himself then it would imply another voice.

We've literally only seen the Aqua armor for like.. two instances. One when Ansem and his guards came to collect it and the other when Xemnas was talking to it. Maybe Aqua's LS works in a different way that it forms when Xemnas sits on that chair and apparently activates something hence the glowing lights in the room. Her armor forms and her LS is able to speak. Then when he's done talking, he leaves the chair and the lights go off and the armor falls back down broken again

Aqua may not have the same kind of control or LS as Terra. We don't know if it would have operated the same way or not. We've only seen one so far as of yet.

It was a theory either way. We'll probably never know with this series and Nomura making a mess of things *shrugs*

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I could have sworn one of the translations said Xigbar heard a voice did respond to Xemnas. At the very least he seems to imply a conversation was going on and unless Xemnas likes talking to himself then it would imply another voice.
He has a habit of talking to inanimate objects. see:the moon.

Maybe Aqua's LS works in a different way that it forms when Xemnas sits on that chair and apparently activates something hence the glowing lights in the room. Her armor forms and her LS is able to speak. Then when he's done talking, he leaves the chair and the lights go off and the armor falls back down broken again
That's mighty convenient.

To me it just feels like KH fans doing what LOST fans did after the Constant episode. Suddenly they were trying to figure out and piece together who was everyone else's constant when really, the constant thing was just a one-time story thing. Lingering Will is just a one-time story thing, but now fans expect it every time an armour is around lol.

LightAndOblivion

But cmoooon. We thought the replica deal would be a one time thing with Repliku only to find out Xion and a whole bunch of empty replicas exist. DX

Plus with like a bunch of clones running around, data growing hearts, flying keyblades saving Aqua, hearts chilling in people's bodies and having a piece of armor with a mind of its own..... what's one more piece of living armor going to change? :/

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
But cmoooon. We thought the replica deal would be a one time thing with Repliku only to find out Xion and a whole bunch of empty replicas exist. DX
And remember how much better we were before then~~

/stares off wistfully

Anyway, to be clear, I'm not saying it can't happen or that it won't happen. I just don't think it happening once in a very particular circumstance for very particular character reasons means it will happen any time armour is involved. To me there is just not enough to suggest it at this point and frankly I would find it kind of a cheap development that sort of undermines Terra's character and story just for the sake of mythology building. But that probably means it is going to happen, so.

(I also don't think Aqua expressed any kind of strong enough emotions to leave behind such a will when she departed from the armour. Like a huge part of her character to me was trying to suppress intense emotions due to the darkness and shit and after she gets rid of the armour she basically just calmly accepts her fate without any strong reaction, that's hardly enough to make a LW)

Last edited:

LightAndOblivion

And remember how much better we were before then~~

/stares off wistfully

Anyway, to be clear, I'm not saying it can't happen or that it won't happen. I just don't think it happening once in a very particular circumstance for very particular character reasons means it will happen any time armour is involved. To me there is just not enough to suggest it at this point and frankly I would find it kind of a cheap development that sort of undermines Terra's character and story just for the sake of mythology building. But that probably means it is going to happen, so.

(I also don't think Aqua expressed any kind of strong enough emotions to leave behind such a will when she departed from the armour. Like a huge part of her character to me was trying to suppress intense emotions due to the darkness and shit and after she gets rid of the armour she basically just calmly accepts her fate without any strong reaction, that's hardly enough to make a LW)

I wouldn't like that either but Nomura tends to make what should be one time things into an unnecessary trend.

And tbf it's not like Terra has had any glorious moments that he could call his own or help his character seeing how Xehanort has him under his thumb and still does presumably even though he should have had Eraqus to back him up.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he lost that special importance to the LS thing as well just to cheaper his character even more.

Alas poor Terra could never win ;_;

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
But he went along with it and is still going with it now and even adding to it so it's a moot point
well all evidence points to him just not really giving an eff about Days at all lol. he let pretty much everything fly for that game (except interesting ideas, zing).

but i digress. an aqua lw is possible, but i think it would be cheap and a bad idea and not have nearly enough build up to come off as anything other than an asspull

LightAndOblivion

well all evidence points to him just not really giving an eff about Days at all lol. he let pretty much everything fly for that game (except interesting ideas, zing).

but i digress. an aqua lw is possible, but i think it would be cheap and a bad idea and not have nearly enough build up to come off as anything other than an asspull

True the writing of the game told but not like Nomura does any better. But yeah he did keep the integral ideas from that game.

One being Xion..... unfortunately but I digress

Yeah I agree though we'd have no real answer on how Xemnas could have known since even if he had Eraqus' memories inside him even Eraqus didn't know about Ventus being there though he knew the Castle Oblivion trick and maybe Xemnas found out that trick from those memories and maybe just deduced that might be where Ven is.

Since Terra wouldn't know shit. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back