• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible lead on Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
After replaying Kingdom Hearts I on 1.5 and BBS on 2.5, I have an idea on where Terra might be.

First thing's first, Terra's "demise". His body was taken over by Master Xehanort, and some form of his will lingered after this possession, and as far as we know it's still hanging around the Keyblade graveyard even after Sora fought it. Birth by Sleep's original secret ending, Blank Points, showed Terra floating in some sort of black space with Master Xehanort. This seems to represent Terra's heart residing next to Xehanort's, implying it was still in his body but that he had no control over Xehanort's influence. Jumping from BBS to Dream Drop Distance, Xehanort(in Terra's body) has become a heartless and produced a Nobody, and both were destroyed. Once this occurred the original body was to reform, and in DDD young Xehanort states that he is waiting on his most future self, which winds up being Master Xehanort. I might be wrong on this, but I took this to mean that the reformed entity from the destruction of both heartless and nobody was Master Xehanort as an old man rather than in Terra's body. If this is the case, then Terra's true whereabouts seem to be unknown.

But perhaps we have been given hints as to where Terra might actually be.

Looking back at Kingdom Hearts I, it seems Xehanort has some sort of possession fetish, because Ansem SOD inhabits Riku's body in order to regain the form he cast off(I guess, its not too clear). After Sora defeats Riku in his skirt-wearing form, his body seemingly disappears. Later in the same scene, Ansem SOD shows up, and while Riku exercises a little control over him, he is nowhere to be seen for the rest of the game. HOWEVER, in kingdom hearts final mix, an added scene shows Riku immediately in the Realm of Darkness, beginning to fade, but saved by Mickey. So what's my point here? After Riku becomes possessed, similar to Terra being possessed, he is transported to the realm of darkness. So, its possible that Terra went through the same process once the entity know as Xehanort was fully destroyed.

So that's my theory on where he is. Here's a little more to it.

Riku immediately started to fade away when he arrived in the Realm of Darkness, but was fortunately saved by Mickey. If my theory is true, someone had to be there to save Terra, and it had to be right at the time of DDD, when Master Xehanort reformed. And Aqua is really the only candidate for this job.

So yeah, TL;DR Terra went to the Realm of Darkness and Aqua found him there, so I think that when they try to save Aqua, they'll find Terra with her. I feel like maybe I'm making too many assumptions, but Terra's whereabouts are so up in the air that I'm sticking with this.

Anagram

Banned
Well your right on the money tbh. From what I'm told an ultimania fully clarifies what Coded and DDD claim, that Xehanorts main form is once again his old true body. It's a bit convoluted but since Xehanort separated his heart and body in Bbs it threw the body into darkness/suspension. Since according to kh2s journals a body doesn't truly die till the soul expires. (where the heart goes from there seems to vary)

Your a bit off on the final mix bit. The new scene in kh1fm that shows Riku wandering doesn't really change anything since it's always been fact that Ansem kicked Riku out of his own body after Hollow Bastion. He was also changing the bodies appearance to match his human form rather than Ansrm truly taking on his old form himself.

Your theory seems possible to me though. Regardless of Bbs it's obvious something happened to Terra and Eraqus the moment AporenticeNort turned everyone, including himself, into heartless/nobodies.

The question is though why would Terra be in the dark realm if he reformed? If Xehanort came back in his original form then Terra should've as well. Body, soul, heart and all. People are also supposed to reform where they divided yet Xehanort nor Terra was in the lab.

Your a bit off on the final mix bit. The new scene in kh1fm that shows Riku wandering doesn't really change anything since it's always been fact that Ansem kicked Riku out of his own body after Hollow Bastion. He was also changing the bodies appearance to match his human form rather than Ansrm truly taking on his old form himself.
Thanks, that actually makes a lot of sense.
The question is though why would Terra be in the dark realm if he reformed? If Xehanort came back in his original form then Terra should've as well. Body, soul, heart and all. People are also supposed to reform where they divided yet Xehanort nor Terra was in the lab.

I thought he'd be in the dark realm because of the Riku thing, but you clarified that for me. As to why he's not in the lab, two possibilities I can think of are that either Xehanort's used him for one of the 13 (like how Saix wasn't in the lab), or that maybe his lingering will tethered him to the Keyblade Graveyard, and he's hanging out there right now. I don't think he's one of the thirteen because of that reincarnation theory floating around these forums that had to do with Chi, so now I'm leaning towards his location as the Keyblade Graveyard.

LightAndOblivion

Then Yen Sid would have been able to pinpoint him by now if he was simply at KG so that doesn't really make much sense

And while he could be somewhere in the dark realm I really don't think it's as obvious as that. For one, if he were with Aqua then clearly we would have seen him with her in Blank Points. 2. 0.2. Is about Aqua stumbling on to some thing that may help on rescuing Ventus and Terra. If This would atleast say Aqua and Terra aren't together right now.

For some reason Terra's fate is being left all shady by Nomura so to have it be something so simple and obvious as him being in the dark realm is precisely why I don't buy this theory. Well written but it would be too obvious

More likely options to me is that he's stuck somewhere in between after recompletion or he simply reformed as some Neo Terranort and is one of the 13.

I know the latter seems obvious and I just went off saying stuff shouldn't be so obvious but this one seems more likely to me than him just chilling at the Dark Realm or at KG. Since for the former, I'm sure Aqua would have found him by now and for the latter Yen Sid and Mickey would have picked up on his trail

And another thing, if Terra is all fine and dandy and in full form in Keyblade Graveyard, why would he just be chilling there atm? You mean to tell me the guy who was so fixated on defeating Xehanort that he made his armor come to life just to do that along with reuniting with his friends Aqua and Ven and keeping them safe.... you mean to tell me a guy like that would just sit on his ass right now? Yeah again, I'm not buying it especially seeing how Lea went about his business after getting recompleted.

The only person who knows anything about Terra's fate atm would be Xehanort and with all his gloating about how he was his vessel in the past and doesn't seem to mention anything changing in that regard, you can kinda put some pieces together

And remember the Reincarnation theory is just that. A theory. While it does make sense and well written, it shouldn't be taken as fact or a fuel to support an argument. Until Nomura confirms it or does something similar, it's just a theory.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
For some reason Terra's fate is being left all shady by Nomura so to have it be something so simple and obvious as him being in the dark realm is precisely why I don't buy this theory. Well written but it would be too obvious
Ehhhhhh lets be real here. Everything Nomura has tried to use as a "surprise" has always been painfully obvious. People figured out BBS plot from a trailer and secret vid alone and I remember someone figuring young Norts time travel schtik well in advance.

So personally I'd love to see Terra not be one. Series has writing issues as is so Terra being free somewhere would be the first real surprise we've had in 14yrs.

Using time travel and thanks to all that chi sh*t Nomuras adding he may not even need Terra.

LightAndOblivion

While yes he has gone for predictable "surprises" that we people who analysis all this shit and have been with the series for years, I don't think he'd go for something way too obvious that even casual fans who don't really give a shit about the story would be able to see coming. Most of them that I've seen have been saying Terra got sent to the dark realm and what not.

I doubt it's that simple. Like I said, Aqua with her ties of friendship would have sensed or seen Terra by now if he was in the dark realm.

I'd personally love to be surprised too and have Terra not being a vessel but we know this is Nomura and stuff we've seen so far has pretty much proven the opposite for what I'd like to see for Terra.

And be honest, if Terra was just simply free, why would he not make his presence known in DDD or try to do what Lea did and make some moves to help Sora and co. and stop Xehanort? This is the same guy who hated Xehanort enough to literally bring his armor to life just to kick his ass and save his friends and now he's free and just chills around without letting any of his allies like Yen Sid know of his return?

Either Terra is stupider than I thought or it's not as simple as him being free because he probably isn't just free.

I get the time travel part but Chi? How would Chi factor into Xehanort not needing Terra?

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
You don't understand man his surprises don't even surprise the casual fans that come here lol. He's predictable and that's about the sum of it. Most of those times a plot was figured out was by someone using in-game stuff alone. (Although people will be lost in regard to other aspects)

Also we've not seen Aqua in the present sense save for her meeting Diz at some point after Kh2. (Blank points)
Saying she would sense Terra or her meeting in a realm we've seen little of her time or know much about in general is making assumptions on your part.

Especially since Terra shouldn't have revived till some point after her scene with Diz. For all we know she's got stuck on that beach and Terra in some dark bowls of the realm or so on.

It's all one big question mark. It's so ambiguous and left unanswered that just about anything is possible for now. Like the idea Terra can't recomplete because his heart is in Riku thanks to Rikus time as a Ansem host.

Depends on what chi does. It's adding new lore and people all the time and we don't know how that'll be utilized. I was making a point.

It's all just big unknowns. Hopefully Nomura learning from how many times his plots have been figured out. Also if it helps the last time he was questioned Nomura basically made it clear Terra, Eraqus and all his parts are unknown. Meaning there's no hints that Terra is even whole at all right now.

Edit. Phone is dying. Bye for now =w=

Last edited:

LightAndOblivion

I'd like to think he might actually do some surprise. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably not happening =/

And IIRC the credits or the beginning of the secret ending of DDD shows Aqua still chilling at the dark beach with Ansem so no its not really an assumption on my part. It's what we've seen. She's still chilling out in her location and if she's already found Terra or some trace of him then why would she ask Ansem if the boy who's saving worlds with the Keyblade Ven or Terra?

It pretty much says there she doesn't know a thing about what's happening with the two atm. So that says she didn't meet, see or sense Terra in the realm of darkness

Because he most likely isn't there.

It's not that simple when it comes to Terra apparently.

Yeah Chi is adding people. People not really related to Terra as we've seen so as of now, I can't see that as a good reason as to why Xehanort wouldn't need Terra.

Time travel I would understand and that's if he really wanted to use it. Seeing how the old man is most likely the only person who should know what happened to Terra, if he still has him in his clutches, then I don't see a reason why he would need time travel.

But I'll agree with you and just say Terra's overall state and location right now is just a mystery along with Eraqus. Don't know how Nomura will explain all this for KH3, but oh well. *shrugs*

P.S. Well OK I've gotta be heading out soon anyways so I guess we could finish this debate for later. See ya.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I figured that DDD basically spelled out Terra's whereabouts. o_O Mickey literally lists himself, Sora, Riku, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, and then Xehanort makes his comeback:

"But Sora and another on your list belong to me now..."

Seeing as Ventus' heart is in Sora, Xehanort could have meant him right? But one: how would he know Ven is in him? And two: having that heart would be useless when his body is in Castle Oblivion.

Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness, and Mickey is, well, Mickey. That literally only leaves Riku and Terra. And the current Riku has a resistance to darkness. He was their original choice as the XIIIth but it didn't work. So no Riku.

Another two things to keep in mind... He specifically said "now", meaning that other person that belongs to him was already a vessel. And every other seat was full at that precise moment. Ventus is tacked off the possible Darkness list because of this: he can't be in Sora, in C.O., and in a seat there at the same time. Same with the rest of Mickey's list.

Terra has to be one of the Thirteen.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Seeing as Ventus' heart is in Sora, Xehanort could have meant him right? But one: how would he know Ven is in him? And two: having that heart would be useless when his body is in Castle Oblivion.

Plot twist: Xehanort already found Ven's body even though only Aqua can and put it on one of the chairs for he lulz!

Jk, I think Terra (or his body at least) is the most logical outcome as well. I just can't see who else it would be that'd actually make sense.

Smithee

Awards
I figured that DDD basically spelled out Terra's whereabouts. o_O Mickey literally lists himself, Sora, Riku, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, and then Xehanort makes his comeback:

Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness, and Mickey is, well, Mickey. That literally only leaves Riku and Terra. And the current Riku has a resistance to darkness. He was their original choice as the XIIIth but it didn't work. So no Riku.

Another two things to keep in mind... He specifically said "now", meaning that other person that belongs to him was already a vessel. And every other seat was full at that precise moment. Ventus is tacked off the possible Darkness list because of this: he can't be in Sora, in C.O., and in a seat there at the same time. Same with the rest of Mickey's list.

Except Sora never actually got possessed, so Aizenort saying "now" seemed more like a show of overconfidence.

Also, Roxas, who Aizenort explicitly knows is Sora's Nobody, is practically Ven's twin brother -- an OP grandpa who can cheaply plan ahead with time-travel would just be contradicting himself if he couldn't make that connection.

Furthermore, Ven's body may be elsewhere, but his heart is still inside Sora, whom Aizenort felt assured would become the newest vessel at that time, so... yeah.

Additionally, DDD established that proper vessels have to lose enough willpower in order to be sufficiently controlled (which was why Aizenort had to knock Sora out first); Terra, however, was able to create Lingering Will out of sheer emotion, sabotage Terranort into amnesia, have a mature conversation with Aizenort's heart and finally lose his fear of the darkness, and he was even revealed to be supported by Eraqus's presence.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Furthermore, Ven's body may be elsewhere, but his heart is still inside Sora, whom Aizenort felt assured would become the newest vessel at that time, so... yeah.

Additionally, DDD established that proper vessels have to lose enough willpower in order to be sufficiently controlled (which was why Aizenort had to knock Sora out first); Terra, however, was able to create Lingering Will out of sheer emotion, sabotage Terranort into amnesia, have a mature conversation with Aizenort's heart and finally lose his fear of the darkness, and he was even revealed to be supported by Eraqus's presence.
(Heheh, Aizenort...)

Okay, your argument is sound except for one thing: all the seats were taken during DDD's climax. It seems like whoever Xehanort was referring to is already a vessel, or otherwise we'd have an empty seat. Ventus' body is confirmed to still be in Castle Oblivion during the events of DDD, and if all of the time the Org spent scouring CO for the secret room indicates anything, it's that no one (except Aqua) can locate Ven's body. Basically, what XBlade said: he can't be in CO and in a seat at the same time.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Or at least "sharing" a potential one.
You ignored the rest of what I said.

If Sora had actually been 'norted and made Ven a vessel by default, how would you explain that there were already twelve creeps in coats on the thrones? Moreover, 'norting Sora would make it improbable that Ven would ever get his heart back, but it would not, by any means, make Ven's body a 'norted vessel.

Anagram

Banned
And IIRC the credits or the beginning of the secret ending of DDD shows Aqua still chilling at the dark beach with Ansem so no its not really an assumption on my part. It's what we've seen. She's still chilling out in her location and if she's already found Terra or some trace of him then why would she ask Ansem if the boy who's saving worlds with the Keyblade Ven or Terra?

My internet is still being bad so this might be all I can reply tonight. DX

Your missing my point. Your making the assumption she COULD find or sense Terra in that realm. For all we know she's stuck on that beach now or Terra is stuck in some other dark ream location. Never forget the place is an entire realm. An entire expanse of reality ruled by darkness. We know nothing of it nor do we know what Aqua has done prior to getting to that beach. Most importantly by timeframe Terra would've or should've reformed at some point after she was on the beach meaning even if they're in the realm together that doesn't mean they've ran into each other.

I.e we dont know near enough about Aquas situation or the realm in general to make assumptions of who she may or may not find there.

It pretty much says there she doesn't know a thing about what's happening with the two atm. So that says she didn't meet, see or sense Terra in the realm of darkness
Nothing does but your missing the point that nothing says she has either. It's honestly not something we can argue more than that because there's really nothing to teeter the debate.

Because he most likely isn't there.
Except that's your assumption. Not that it's wrong but I'm pointing out it's assumption.

Yeah Chi is adding people. People not really related to Terra as we've seen so as of now, I can't see that as a good reason as to why Xehanort wouldn't need Terra.
Your assuming they have to be related to Terra. They simply have to be related to Xehanort's scheme. Xehanort and who he wants as pawns are important. If he finds someone or has someone more suitable why keep Terra? In turn perhaps he's completely subdued Terra.

There's just nothing more to argue. It's what gives fun theories like this open territory to exist because Nomura has left it far to ambiguous hoping a fan like our OP here would discuss it.

Time travel I would understand and that's if he really wanted to use it. Seeing how the old man is most likely the only person who should know what happened to Terra, if he still has him in his clutches, then I don't see a reason why he would need time travel.

But I'll agree with you and just say Terra's overall state and location right now is just a mystery along with Eraqus. Don't know how Nomura will explain all this for KH3, but oh well. *shrugs*
He doesnt' need time travel as is tbh yet Nomura has thrown it in so meh. =/ There was literally several concepts or means he could've used and not rely on time travel.

Exactly so which really makes this a hard debate to have since it's just assumptions one way or another. However it's due to such ambiguity that I could see the possibility of this guys theory. =3 It's always best to consider several theories possible till only one seems logical.

Xblade13 said:

This is assumption as well really since it depends on how you wanna spin Xehanort's words. Sure "now" could mean Terra's puppeteered body. However it can also mean Vens heart who Xehanort certainly knows is in Sora. Young Xehanort makes it clear he knows Sora has others hearts inside him by calling Sora's heart a "prison" or when Vanitas flashed to us players.

Heck like me and Light&Obliv talked about the other day. For all we know Xehanort has Terra's body as one of his hoods while Terra's heart stayed within Riku seeing it as a chance to finally escape. Xehanort only wants 13 bodies to use, he doesn't want peoples hearts.

And you could take his line to mean Ven or Terra. As of that scene Xehanort has Sora in sleep. In Sora's body is Sora and Ventus. Mickey was counting both Terra AND Ventus on his list of fighters. Technically having Sora's sleeping body as a vessel would entail having two of Mickey's list since Ven would beyond saving had Sora been successfully possessed. =3

LightAndOblivion

Except Sora never actually got possessed, so Aizenort saying "now" seemed more like a show of overconfidence.

Also, Roxas, who Aizenort explicitly knows is Sora's Nobody, is practically Ven's twin brother -- an OP grandpa who can cheaply plan ahead with time-travel would just be contradicting himself if he couldn't make that connection.

This is nonsense. Xehanort has no real way of knowing anything about Roxas at the time of his arrival and if he did it hasn't been confirmed yet so don't throw it around like it is.

While he could have meant Ven it's not confirmed he knew Ven's heart was inside Sora so him saying that along with already having 12 people seated means it most likely could have been Terra.

@Anagram

You're right but my point is she was still at the dark beach come the finale of DDD and with no Terra so my point is she still hasn't found him nor does she know what's happening with him right now. Plus cmon you know with this series filled with friendship shit and people's bonds connecting them and stuff and even flying keyblades coming in to save Aqua because friendship, you don't think she wouldn't have sended her bestest friend ever through power of friendship???? And she's been traveling for awhile DX

And yeah the Terra debates can get pretty crazy but either way we have no real way or facts to say where he is forrsure.

And about that Young Xehanort thing. You're assuming that just because YX knows Sora has hearts other than his own inside him that he had to know one of them just had to be Ven. There's no proof that he knew.

Which would mean MX couldn't have known either so when he made that statement, without knowing where Ven really is in heart or body, then it would be Terra he was talking about.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
And about that Young Xehanort thing. You're assuming that just because YX knows Sora has hearts other than his own inside him that he had to know one of them just had to be Ven. There's no proof that he knew.

Which would mean MX couldn't have known either so when he made that statement, without knowing where Ven really is in heart or body, then it would be Terra he was talking about.

I got it to connect! 8D I think....lets see if this posts.

I'm not assuming anything on this part actually. Roxas returned to Sora, Xion did as well. Xehanort the troll he is knows if anything of them remains it's in Sora. However what let Xehanort know Ven was there was Roxas. You honestly think Xemnas seeing Roxas face didn't instantly figure out where Vens heart was?

xemnas-room-of-sleep.png

Yes Xehanort knows Roxas is Soras nobody but it's because he's the nobody of Sora yet retaining that face that throws up instant red flags. If casual fans before the onset of interview importance and side stories in 2006 can figure out Ven ends in Roxas surely Trollnort can. lol

Plus Xemnas was set on finding the chamber Vens body was in. He knew it was there. (which was a Bbs interview snip it I think)

As for the Terra stuff there's not much we can debate due to ambiguity. =[ Saying you'd think Aqua would sense Terra due to friendship is like pointing out you'd think Roxas would sense Sora in twilight town near Days end. (like how he collapsed in Castle Oblivion just by being near Sora&Ven)

LightAndOblivion

YAY! XD

It's kinda hilarious that the one piece of evidence to help your argument got removed in the 1.5 collection. The cruelty :/

But thing is I never said he didn't know at all. Just that he might not have known for sure even if he had some suspicions or at least Xemnas since MX just recently reformed so he couldn't have known unless Ansem and Xemnas memories went to him during recompletion. But the deal with him and Terra is still kinda iffy. We don't know why he came back as an old man. Could be Nomura 's way of saying he screwed up.

As for Terra.... what do you think of Braig's line in 2.5 secret ending?

"Lord Xemnas is nowhere to be seen so that means the party's already begun huh?"

Think it might clue us in on Terra or where his body went? Does Braig know something about this possibly?

KHHacker6595

I kind of like the idea that his Lingering Will is just wandering the worlds looking for Terra now that he is recompleted. You could say that the Organization is looking for it to, to prevent it from joining up with Terra and giving him back his free will.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I kind of like the idea that his Lingering Will is just wandering the worlds looking for Terra now that he is recompleted. You could say that the Organization is looking for it to, to prevent it from joining up with Terra and giving him back his free will.
I don't really know... am I the only one that doesn't like that idea? :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back