• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible bosses in DDD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsy

So I have been thinking, since already a good number of worlds have been revealed for Dream Drop Distance, just what the bosses would be like. Would it work like it did in Birth By Sleep, sometimes with three bosses per world, one for each protagonist? Or, again like Birth By sleep, would you have to fight some bosses more than once, as Sora, and as Riku. Would there be any Disney bosses? I hope so because if they were all Dream Eaters, that would be very dissapointing. Here's what I think:

Notre Dame: We know that as Riku, you have to fight this big gargoyle Dream Eater. So that's one. What about 'ol Frollo? I always thought if he gained some sort of powers, like that of a Heartless, he would make for an epic boss. Frollo does appear in one of the trailers, but I'm doubting he'll be a boss. But who knows?

Traverse Town: Didn't they show a second boss taking place in this world? It was some sort of big monkey thing.

Prankster's Paradise: I would love to see the Coachman as a boss here. Not sure what all he could do, though. Maybe whip you, sick some naughty boy-turned donkeys at you, rush you while riding his coach? Monstro could possibly show up, but I doubt it. I'm thinking that a good possibility for a boss would be one or mor eof the carnival rides somehow coming to life and you have to fight it.

Country of the Three Musketeers: Captain Pete is an obvious one here. While I am tired of Pete in KH, I would like to have an actual decent fight with him. I always hated the way he fought in the other games, so I think a sword wielding Pete would be cool. I also remember a few cloaked villains working under Captain Pete in the movie, so they could probably make for a mini boss.

Tron Legacy: Clu would probably be a villain, as well as Rinzler. However, here's something to ponder: Just how do computers and computer programs work in dreams? Do they even dream?? Either way, I think it will be entertaining to see Sora and Riku fighting villains all Tron style, what with the flipping, bike riding, disc hurling action. Could be very fun.

Fantasia: I really hope Chernabog will make a return, but I'm really doubting it. I think it would be fun to have this as a "boss" stage: Try and stop all the walking brooms from flooding Yen Sid's tower!

Thoughts?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I want to see a Reaper Secret Boss in Traverse Town. 'Nuff said. Anyway, for the Disney worlds, I expect regular Dream Eater bosses with some of that specific world's flair, although I would like to see a powered-up, special version of one of the other bosses from Fantasia, as much of a treat Chernabog was, I don't want to fight him again. Then again, End of The World was the Heartless of all worlds, and seeing how all of the worlds were returned, I could see Chernabog being in the Realm of Sleep. Honestly, I think Fantasia has enough other creatures that could make possibly a colliseum world, but I would prefer something like that being in the Tron: Legacy world.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I think an Honest John and Gideon mini-boss or full-boss would be pretty cool. They're a bunch of sly, but cartoony characters that somehow fit in Pinocchio, but didn't at the same time. They even had hammers! Just add a few Nightmares with them and they'd already make great and interesting bosses out of the normal ones.
250px-John_Gideon.jpg

By the way, Tron: Legacy is in the Realm of Sleep because Death = Slumber. The first Tron world, Space Paranoids, was a copy of an original program that got destroyed which is likely this. It make sense now, Destruction = Sleep, sort of?

Zul

Awards
Eh, I think it's going to be the usual formula.

Some Dream Eater bosses, some Disney bosses, some Original KH character bosses(likely Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas, and Vanitas).

So Frollo, Chernabog...

There's a very, very rare chance that we might actually fight a Darkside and Twilight Thorn. If Xemnas and Ansem made it to the RoS, it's possible they may summon one.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Country of the Three Musketeers: Captain Pete is an obvious one here. While I am tired of Pete in KH, I would like to have an actual decent fight with him. I always hated the way he fought in the other games, so I think a sword wielding Pete would be cool. I also remember a few cloaked villains working under Captain Pete in the movie, so they could probably make for a mini boss.

Tron Legacy: Clu would probably be a villain, as well as Rinzler. However, here's something to ponder: Just how do computers and computer programs work in dreams? Do they even dream?? Either way, I think it will be entertaining to see Sora and Riku fighting villains all Tron style, what with the flipping, bike riding, disc hurling action. Could be very fun.

CoTM:

I believe you are forgetting Dino here....

Tyrant%20Rex%20render.png

And in TRON, in the trailer Riku is seen fighting against a Dream Eater Boss. Not saying that will be his only one, but that's all that we know he has for now.
Riku also fights a Dream Eater as his boss within Monstro (It seems).
And he has a "turkey?"-like witch thing as a boss within Traverse Town.

And also most likely going to be a Sora vs Rinzler fight.

I'm really hoping for Chernabog to return.

EDIT:::::

Those cloaked people that help Pete out in The 3 Musketeers, are called The Beagle Boys.
They seem to be bosses for Riku. Most likely as a "Lock, Shock, Barrel" type boss.

Sora will most likely get Pete and Dino.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I want to fight Chernabog and the FireBird. Also Sin from FFX, and The Shadow Blot from Epic Mickey.

Mr Yippie

All signs are pointing towards a Frollo fight; Sora basically bumrushes him in the short trailer. Can't wait.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
All signs are pointing towards a Frollo fight; Sora basically bumrushes him in the short trailer. Can't wait.
Wouldn't mind fight him on top of the Church as he controls fire blinded by the darkness in his heart with Hellfire as the battle music.

Mr Yippie

Wouldn't mind fight him on top of the Church as he controls fire blinded by the darkness in his heart with Hellfire as the battle music.

Church top seems to be taken as Riku's arena of choice versus Rainbow Bat, but Frollo's fight seems to take place in the Court of Miracles.

Perfectly acceptable substitute, IMO

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Church top seems to be taken as Riku's arena of choice versus Rainbow Bat, but Frollo's fight seems to take place in the Court of Miracles.

Perfectly acceptable substitute, IMO

Well Frollo's Sword is picked up by Ansem SoD on top of the cathedral while it is still on fire...so Riku could possibly have a little fight with Frollo, if not he'll come in later during the fight against the Gargoyle Dream Eater.
But most likely it will be a scene in which we all witness Frollo's death.

Hopefully Sora will fight Frollo.

Mr Yippie

Well Frollo's Sword is picked up by Ansem SoD on top of the cathedral while it is still on fire...so Riku could possibly have a little fight with Frollo, if not he'll come in later during the fight against the Gargoyle Dream Eater.
But most likely it will be a scene in which we all witness Frollo's death.

ayep thats what I was thinking

Sora goes and beats the living crap outta Frollo but then

A) he falls asleep/dream switches out before he can "kill" him
B) Frollo pussies out and runs off
C) actually does "kill" him

Then, later in Riku's bit:

if A or B, he brawls with Quasi and gets thrown off the building before/after we defeat the Bat
if C, he's magically dream ressurected and ^ happens

my 2 unnecessary cents (but its fun predicting)

Crazy Mario

You know guys, we can always fight Frollo TWICE you know? Like how both Terra and Aqua fought the Spirit of the Mirror.

Mr Yippie

You know guys, we can always fight Frollo TWICE you know? Like how both Terra and Aqua fought the Spirit of the Mirror.

oh man that bit sucked

unless they are purposefully saving the Evil Queen for later it felt really lazy

Crazy Mario

oh man that bit sucked

unless they are purposefully saving the Evil Queen for later it felt really lazy
Trust me, EVERYBODY felt that was a total cop out from a Wicked Queen boss. And here I thought that Square had learned a thing or two from Gaston in KH2 for a minute there...
But still, it's possible. Lazy and ignorant, but possible.

micbeasty

I kind of have a weird feeling that before Sora can strike at Frollo, Frollo will materialize into the darkness with Esmerelda, where he then has her tied to the stake to burn her...then a fight with him! But idk i can see it happening in my head

Dross263

Any boss TWEWY related and I'll be as happy as I could be.

Throw Sho Minamoto in there and this will be the only game I play until I die of starvation.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I fear a repeat of Days when it comes to bosses: only dream eaters have been shown so far. Yes, its implied Rinzler, Pete, Beagle Boys, Monstro & Frollo would be bosses but not outright confirmed.

Crazy Mario

I fear a repeat of Days when it comes to bosses: only dream eaters have been shown so far. Yes, its implied Rinzler, Pete, Beagle Boys, Monstro & Frollo would be bosses but not outright confirmed.
A demo player at Jump Festa already confirmed a Beagle Boys mini-boss. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back