• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Poor Axel.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

I feel so incredibly sorry for Axel. If you ask me, not counting BbS, he's definitely got the saddest story of anybody in the whole KH series.

I mean, think about it. First of all, he's a nobody, which is a pitiful existence to begin with. He gains the ability to feel though Sora/Roxas, and develops a close relationship with Roxas. Who then treats him like shit in the end of days, leaves him, and is subsequently captured and put in virtual twilight town, where he has no recollection whatsoever of Axel's existence. That's gotta suck pretty bad, having your best friend forget about you. Then, Roxas is reunited with Sora and is essentially never coming back. Axel then spends the rest of kh2 trying to get Roxas back, but he fails. Finally, he sacrifices himself to protect Sora/Roxas.

Poor, poor guy. :(

I wish he had some sort of resolution in days, or at least had him and Roxas end off on a good note rather than such a sour one. But instead, it only made his story in kh2 even sadder.

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
Axel really does have a sad story.

Not only does he lose Roxas as a friend,

but he also loses Xion as well. :v He loses those two, AND Saix. :C

Last edited:

Axens

Banned
His story is not the saddest. He lost three great friends. Xion was created just for a project and planned to be destroyed if she didnt prove useful. No one will remember her pain and strife. Axel's story is not the saddest.

NumberVIII

His story is not the saddest. He lost three great friends. Xion was created just for a project and planned to be destroyed if she didnt prove useful. No one will remember her pain and strife. Axel's story is not the saddest.

He lost all of his friends, then died to save one. That's pretty frickin sad if you ask me.

Xion's story is very sad, yes. But I tend to disregard her cause...well, I just don't like her. >>; I feel like she's just a plot device, they just stuck her in there and then conveniently had everyone forget her so there wouldn't be plot holes. Plus, she's such a Mary Sue. -.-

Muse

you look atrocious
Most characters in KH would be considered Sues/Stus. :v

And it's the mere fact that everyone forgets her that makes her story so sad. People will remember Roxas, people will remember Axel, Repliku, Namine, and so on. But Xion is completely forgotten forever.

HerGuitar

He lost all of his friends, then died to save one. That's pretty frickin sad if you ask me.

Xion's story is very sad, yes. But I tend to disregard her cause...well, I just don't like her. >>; I feel like she's just a plot device, they just stuck her in there and then conveniently had everyone forget her so there wouldn't be plot holes. Plus, she's such a Mary Sue. -.-

Xion is kind of a plot device IMO. I mean, she gets kidnapped twice (Three times? Don't remember...) and basically acts like a damsel in distress for Roxas. But her relationship with Roxas is touching so she wasn't just a Mary Sue either. Her and Axel though - didn't cut it for me. I felt like Xion was Axel's friend only because Roxas introduced them both.

elveina

Axel's story in "Days" bugged me the most, I think. Even more than Xion. Although Xion's story was perhaps the most tragic, Axel's is by far the most depressing.

Xion was a replica who was supposed to be nothing more than a puppet, but eventually became her own being and got to experience "existence" even if it was for a short time. She got to have Axel and Roxas as best friends. By the end of the game, she not only knew she had to return to Sora she WANTED to. She even had a relatively peaceful (after the fight), albeit bittersweet, ending.

Axel on the other hand was pretty much torn in two for the majority of the game. While Roxas and Xion could remain hopefully naive most of the time, Axel never had that luxury, constantly having to decide between worse and worst choices. Hunt his friends down and try to persuade them back into the Organization or leave them be and watch them be mercilessly destroyed by others with less patience? He can't really win no matter what he does. Not only does he lose his friendship with Xion and Roxas, but Saix also seems to drop even the little that was left of their friendship from their non-nobody days.

Throwing in KH 2 just makes this game all that much worse when you realize Axel and Roxas never really get to make up at all. Seriously, that WINNER stick scene? Just awful. The only thing that saves his story from being absolutely horrid is that last scene in FM when he gets to have a final ice cream with Roxas before they both disappear. Although really, that might just make it that much worse. >_<

So yeah. Didn't mean to write a book on the subject, but there you go. My rambling thoughts on Axel's sucky life. :p

Last edited:

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com
Axel's story is sad, with all losing three friends/best friends (Roxas, Xion and Saix), having to lie to Roxas which hurts him (he said it himself i think) and then having his existence fade away at the end, its pretty sad, but im still leaning over Xion. She was made as a purpose to be a puppet (and she was literally made), then being friends with both Axel and Roxas (and of course dont forget Riku), and then losing them all and when she was lost everyone forgot all abouit Xion. Being forgotten isnt very nice especially if youre close to them :(

putting spoilers just in case

huanglulu

Axel's story in "Days" bugged me the most, I think. Even more than Xion. Although Xion's story was perhaps the most tragic, Axel's is by far the most depressing.

Xion was a replica who was supposed to be nothing more than a puppet, but eventually became her own being and got to experience "existence" even if it was for a short time. She got to have Axel and Roxas as best friends. By the end of the game, she not only knew she had to return to Sora she WANTED to. She even had a relatively peaceful (after the fight), albeit bittersweet, ending.

Axel on the other hand was pretty much torn in two for the majority of the game. While Roxas and Xion could remain hopefully naive most of the time, Axel never had that luxury, constantly having to decide between worse and worst choices. Hunt his friends down and try to persuade them back into the Organization or leave them be and watch them be mercilessly destroyed by others with less patience? He can't really win no matter what he does. Not only does he lose his friendship with Xion and Roxas, but Saix also seems to drop even the little that was left of their friendship from their non-nobody days.

Throwing in KH 2 just makes this game all that much worse when you realize Axel and Roxas never really get to make up at all. Seriously, that WINNER stick scene? Just awful. The only thing that saves his story from being absolutely horrid is that last scene in FM when he gets to have a final ice cream with Roxas before they both disappear. Although really, that might just make it that much worse. >_<

I kind of agree with what you said above, among the three of them Axel have the saddest and depressing story the final ice cream with Roxas only makes it more touching and sad.

yes he has a bad story but on a good note
if his heartless was destroyed then he can come back as lea with isa(saix) and maybe meet sor who xion and sora are with now.

so his story may turn from sour to sweet.

Last edited:

SilverCyrus

Axel was the saddest part of Days, but IMO not in the whole series,

I think Sora has it pretty bad in KH1-COM
He goes through the whole game of KH1 looking for Kiari/Riku eventually finding out Riku is Evil, than finally saves him and has to watch him walk away from him, His

than does the same thing in COM thinking Riku wants to kill him, and when he finds out the truth, he knows he never found Riku or Kiari and has to enter the Chamber,
and all throughout Kh2 he is looking for them again.

theres alot of sad stories in KH

NumberVIII

Her and Axel though - didn't cut it for me. I felt like Xion was Axel's friend only because Roxas introduced them both.

Right, I definitely agree with that. At some points, it actually almost seemed like he was a little bit jealous of her because Roxas kind of used her to replace him when he was at C.O.

So yeah. Didn't mean to write a book on the subject, but there you go. My rambling thoughts on Axel's sucky life. :p

Agree 100% with all of the above. Plus, you make a good point about Xion.

Axel was the saddest part of Days, but IMO not in the whole series,

I think Sora has it pretty bad in KH1-COM
He goes through the whole game of KH1 looking for Kiari/Riku eventually finding out Riku is Evil, than finally saves him and has to watch him walk away from him, His

than does the same thing in COM thinking Riku wants to kill him, and when he finds out the truth, he knows he never found Riku or Kiari and has to enter the Chamber,
and all throughout Kh2 he is looking for them again.

theres alot of sad stories in KH

Yeah, but at least Sora gets a happy ending. Axel never does. :/

SilverCyrus

Right, I definitely agree with that. At some points, it actually almost seemed like he was a little bit jealous of her because Roxas kind of used her to replace him when he was at C.O.

Agree 100% with all of the above. Plus, you make a good point about Xion.

Yeah, but at least Sora gets a happy ending. Axel never does. :/

youve got a point, Im not saying Axels is fine, Axels life very well could be the worse,
actually listening to all this makes me think that maybe his story is the saddest, and most deppressing in the KH series,

but its still debatable,

The Winner Stick scene did get to me a lot,

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Axel's story is pretty sad seeing how he gave up his life in the end for a friend. Goodness, it reminds me of the ending of FFVII:CC. ;;

fantasy08

I think I'm the only one in this thread that doesn't give a fig about Axel's so called suffering. My reasons: In re:com he was a moral event horizon crossing asshole.In Days he was a selfish, poisonous friend and in Kh2 he was again an asshole with the whole kidnapping thing and wanting to turn Sora into a heartless again just to get Roxas back. Not to mention that as a member of the org he was willing participant in mass murder. He got what he deserved just like the rest of the org. Death. The only nobodies I feel pity for are Roxas and Namine. Xion is included in my pity,but it's somewhat tainted since I'm annoyed that she came out of nowhere, but monopolized the entire days plot from Roxas and the other established org members.

Edit: They might come back as their human-selves. Isn't that better than being nobodies and being all evil and selfish? Looking at the BBS trailer/scans and seeing little Lea and Isa( Innocent nomura called them) and the rest( especially post Xehanort) makes me feel sorry for them. The humans. Knowing what is going to happen in the future. The bastards that they all will turn into. That's sad. As nobodies they were selfish and f-up a lot of stuff, again including Axel, so they deserved (although deserve is not the right term for how Axel killed Vexen and Zexion. Know one deserves going out like that) what they got. As humans they did not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back