• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plot theme and gameplay of KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithee

Awards
Re: Plot theme and gameplay of KH111

I'm really curious as to the role Young Xehanort will play in this. Will he play a big plot role? Or just be one of the 13 Xehanorts that will most likely be a boss.(If Riku is playable, most likely between him and Riku)
I'd certainly like to think the former, given that he was, you know, the main antagonist of DDD and all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There is no doubt in my mind that Young Xehanort will be our main baddy throughout KH3. KH3D built him up as such, and he will probably be the last of the Darknesses we'll face.

THEORY: MX will only be the semifinal boss. The true final boss will be one of the heroes themselves, and he/she will be driven to use the X-Blade/KH against all Darkness in order to both undo all of MX's damage and prevent future suffering.

This scenario would be emotional, tragic, and certainly effective at proving the moral of Balance.

I actually see this as possible, or, at least this is what I feel Kingdom Hearts has been building up to. Sora is this ordinary boy who has had a ton of extraordinary events happen to him since the day he was born. He's been able to link his heart to everybody he meets, he was never even meant to have the Keyblade and yet look at how many people and worlds he's saved. He's crucial to almost everything that is happening right now.

I don't think Sora will attack against all Darkness, though. He's learned better than anybody that the universe needs both to survive. It was his own Darkness that allowed Ven to survive after MX split his Heart at the beginning of BBS, after all. And it has been said a ton of times that it isn't the Darkness isn't inherently bad.

Idk what I'm saying anymore, but yeah I have to agree with you to an extent on this.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Im certain mx will be the main baddie. But ymx will be no.2

Smithee

Awards

There is no doubt in my mind that Young Xehanort will be our main baddy throughout KH3. KH3D built him up as such, and he will probably be the last of the Darknesses we'll face.

I actually see this as possible, or, at least this is what I feel Kingdom Hearts has been building up to. Sora is this ordinary boy who has had a ton of extraordinary events happen to him since the day he was born. He's been able to link his heart to everybody he meets, he was never even meant to have the Keyblade and yet look at how many people and worlds he's saved. He's crucial to almost everything that is happening right now.

I don't think Sora will attack against all Darkness, though. He's learned better than anybody that the universe needs both to survive. It was his own Darkness that allowed Ven to survive after MX split his Heart at the beginning of BBS, after all. And it has been said a ton of times that it isn't the Darkness isn't inherently bad.

Idk what I'm saying anymore, but yeah I have to agree with you to an extent on this.

Emotion can often override reasoning, regardless of what one already knows. And if MX keeps screwing people over with Darkness (and you know he will), then one of the heroes may finally just......snap. Especially one of TAV (Light-based upbringing, Darkness-based tragedy, etc.; it's the perfect backstory for a sympathetic Light-based antagonist).

But anyway, I'm glad you see where I'm coming from.

Hedgehogs Boost

I wonder if Vanitas will return. I mean going off of 3D, it seems he didn't completely fade away, and he's still(barely) alive. He could be one of the 13 darknesses. Maybe...

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Theyre pretty much outmatched, with the darknesses being almost double their number. Who do u think the seven lights will be? I think it will be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ven, Lea and Kairi. I'm not 100% sure about kairi though...... She's a princess of heart, shouldn't they be trying to protect her? What do u think?
wait a sec, the 7 lights and the 13 darknesses are make out of the 20 shards that the x-blade split into right? those 7 lights to protect the 7 princesses of heart. not sure if i got thiss right but if something is made of equal light and dark and you have less number of lights than darknesses then your lights would be larger shards correct therefore still kinda being equal. quality over quantity right?

E.g you slice a pie in half - on one half you make 7 slices and on the other side you make 13. darkness is smaller slices. simple fractions

EDIT: aww Crud, just realised, sora and co. aren't the lights. they are the guardians for the princesses who are the 7 lights. *faceplam* i take back everything.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's a bit more murky than that.
Yen Sid said that the hearts of seven Princesses together are the equivalent/replacement to the true Kingdom Hearts itself, so in basic I would interpret it like seven Princesses = Kingdom Hearts.
The X-blade however is said to be Kingdom Hearts' counterpart, and made of two elements (light and darkness, it was never said in which ratio the elements were in the original X-blade), which split apart into 7/13 when the original X-blade shattered at the end of the original Keyblade War.

So going by that it would be a paradox if the Princesses, who are each said to be 1/7 of the replacement for the true KH, are also 1/7 of the light from KH's counterpart the X-blade.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Could we assume that the ratio was equal due to the one master xehanort created from ven?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Could we assume that the ratio was equal due to the one master xehanort created from ven?

The X-blade created in Birth by Sleep was a prototype-X-blade, one made by MX in haste and therefore unstable.
Master Xehanort himself admitted (while grinning to Mickey like the true bastard he is) that the attempt to forge the X-blade in BBS was a failure because it was not the correct way to do things.
MX just became impatient and wanted to try and see if he could get the X-blade in a faster way, essentially screwing Ven over for something that wasn't going to work correctly anyways.

Even if the fusion between Vanitas and Ven would have been successful, it would have been only the frame(or core) of the X-blade with 2 of 20 needed pieces, and while certainly more powerful than a normal Keyblade, still be brittle and unstable.
Ven's resistance against the fusion made the thing just even more unstable.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Emotion can often override reasoning, regardless of what one already knows. And if MX keeps screwing people over with Darkness (and you know he will), then one of the heroes may finally just......snap. Especially one of TAV (Light-based upbringing, Darkness-based tragedy, etc.; it's the perfect backstory for a sympathetic Light-based antagonist).

But anyway, I'm glad you see where I'm coming from.
this.

It's also the reason I dont often like comments and "controversies" on the internet. too much emotion and gut reaction overriding reasoning.

Smithee

Awards

this.

It's also the reason I dont often like comments and "controversies" on the internet. too much emotion and gut reaction overriding reasoning.

^This reminds me of when someone recently showed me a list of statistics showing why Obama is a good President.

Where did said list come from, you ask? A respectable news source? A well-connected lobbyist?

6 letters: T-U-M-B-L-R

[video=youtube;oEjVpgLkeFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEjVpgLkeFg[/video]

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

^actually Obama is much better than the two alternatives that ran against him in his career, but I was thinking more about sex scandals(and really anything remotely related to sex. Too much harsh judgement and insults from ignoramai; not just traditional scandals) and politics and other big issues.

Anyway one thing I want for KH3 is a multiplayer all it's own, like what AC has except Kingdom Hearts. Open online multiplayer with games and such not found in singleplayer.

Smithee

Awards

^actually Obama is much better than the two alternatives that ran against him in his career, but I was thinking more about sex scandals(and really anything remotely related to sex. Too much harsh judgement and insults from ignoramai; not just traditional scandals) and politics and other big issues.Anyway one thing I want for KH3 is a multiplayer all it's own, like what AC has except Kingdom Hearts. Open online multiplayer with games and such not found in singleplayer.
It's not Obama; it's the fact someone thought a personal Tumblr page with the creator's lingerie photo on it was a credible political source.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KH3 needs Laguna. That is all.

It's not Obama; it's the fact someone thought a personal Tumblr page with the creator's lingerie photo on it was a credible political source.

This is not the place to discuss this stuff. Stop and get back on topic.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Title: "Kingdom Hearts III"

Plot: The Seven Guardians of Light must defend the Princesses of Heart while at the same time prevent the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness from starting a second Keyblade War, forging the X-Blade, and using the true Kingdom Hearts to create a brand new world made in Xehanort's image and according to his design. Sora will also have to save those in torment who are connected to him.

Gameplay: Something of a hybrid between KH3D's gameplay and Versus XIII's gameplay. Nomura has mention using the gameplay in both of these games in KH3.

Smithee

Awards

KH3 needs Laguna. That is all.

This is not the place to discuss this stuff. Stop and get back on topic.

Sorry.

Anyway, here are the 3 main things I want in KH3:

1. Enemy of Light.
2. Revived Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene.
3. MX ends up "sleeping in torment" forever, because death would be too quick compared to what he did to TAV.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Sorry.

Anyway, here are the 3 main things I want in KH3:

1. Enemy of Light.
2. Revived Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene.
3. MX ends up "sleeping in torment" forever, because death would be too quick compared to what he did to TAV.

I second this even though it won't happen. Marluxia and larxene are still my favorite organization member. Having people like larxene being more badass than ever. She also took off the serious side of the organization, I liked that.

Hedgehogs Boost

I actually would love for KH3 to include a world based off the Ff ot TWEWY games. i mean aeriths said Cloud had gone back to his world in KH2. Also a freaking Pocohaunes(i cannot spell the name right.lol)world.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I actually would love for KH3 to include a world based off the Ff ot TWEWY games. i mean aeriths said Cloud had gone back to his world in KH2. Also a freaking Pocohaunes(i cannot spell the name right.lol)world.

Actually it was Goofy, and specifically he was asking if Cloud returned to his own world with Sephiroth. However, Radiant Garden is actually where Cloud is from in Kingdom Hearts.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So who else thinks that the 7 lights and 13 darkness's plot will only cover around half of the game, with something entirely different taking place in the game as well? Kinda like how KH1 was built up for us to think that defeating Maleficent and the Disney bosses was enough to beat the game itself, until Ansem Seeker of Darkness came along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back