• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plot holes of Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well I noticed Days has alot of plot holes. Things they were hinted at in KH2 that would have taken place during the timeline of 358/2 Days.

I'll begin with Santa Claus and Jack.

In KH2 when Sora and Jack go to visit Santa for the first time together, Lock, Shock and Barrel follow and break into the toy factory. Santa hears the noise and ask Jack, "What kind of trouble did you bring this time." Sora then ask Jack, "This time?" Jack then replies, "It's a long story."

So obviously Jack has been to Christmas Town before and since he never mentioned it in KH1 and only mentioned it to Sora in KH2, then Jack must have visit Christmas Town for the first time during 358/2 days yet there is no mention of this happening during 358/2 days and we never see this happening?

So major plot hole right there.

Next let's go to Olympus Coliseum.

Hercules had met Meg by the time of KH2, so he must have met Meg during 358/2 days. Again she is never mentioned nor seen in Olympus Coliseum. Now I assume that Square originaly meant to put her in the game because their is a sprite sheet with head shots of characters that appear on the text bubbles and one of the headshots is of Meg.

So when did Hercules meet Meg? Again another plot hole.

The final plot whole deals with the novels (which are canon).

In one of the Novels it says Roxas and Axel went to Hollow Bastion soon after Axel returned from Castle Oblivion. They were sent to the keyhole at Hollow Bastion to free Maleficent's crow from it's cage. Going by 358/2 days time line and matching it to the novel, this mission should have happened on day 72 yet it didn't.

So here we have yet another plot hole.

It's difficult for me to understand things now, because of these plot holes. Things don't match up correctly.

CJCarter

Well I wouldn't think of it so much as a plothole, I guess it just wasnt that important of an aspect of the story they were trying to tell.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Well I noticed Days has alot of plot holes. Things they were hinted at in KH2 that would have taken place during the timeline of 358/2 Days.

In KH2 when Sora and Jack go to visit Santa for the first time together, Lock, Shock and Barrel follow and break into the toy factory. Santa hears the noise and ask Jack, "What kind of trouble did you bring this time." Sora then ask Jack, "This time?" Jack then replies, "It's a long story."

So obviously Jack has been to Christmas Town before and since he never mentioned it in KH1 and only mentioned it to Sora in KH2, then Jack must have visit Christmas Town for the first time during 358/2 days yet there is no mention of this happening during 358/2 days and we never see this happening?

Did you even watch the movie?

Hercules had met Meg by the time of KH2, so he must have met Meg during 358/2 days. Again she is never mentioned nor seen in Olympus Coliseum. Now I assume that Square originaly meant to put her in the game because their is a sprite sheet with head shots of characters that appear on the text bubbles and one of the headshots is of Meg.

The Organization usually sneaks around instead of socializing with other characters. Roxas never really talked to Hercules, only walked by him. Besides, Roxas was only in Olympus Coliseum for a few out of the 358 Days of the game. If you want to know how Herc met Meg, watch the movies or read the mythology.
In reward for Heracles' defending Thebes from Orchomenus in single-handed battle, Creon offered his daughter Megara to Heracles and he brought her home to the house of Amphitryon.

>_>

In one of the Novels it says Roxas and Axel went to Hollow Bastion soon after Axel returned from Castle Oblivion. They were sent to the keyhole at Hollow Bastion to free Maleficent's crow from it's cage. Going by 358/2 days time line and matching it to the novel, this mission should have happened on day 72 yet it didn't.

It's difficult for me to understand things now, because of these plot holes. Things don't match up correctly.

And BHK and the final secret boss in KH1 Final Mix are the same person. It's best just to stick with what you see in the game and reports. And as for the main part: Novels being canon? That's highly debatable.

Last edited:

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com

Not really. The first time Jack goes to X-mas town is a little before you enter Halloween Town in KH2. Hell they even show you the cutscene of it happening.

Just because we dident see it happen does not mean it did not happen. You know all those times you were done with a mission in that world while your leaving Herc is on his way back. Ever stop to think he was coming from seeing Meg?

Again, just because we dident see it happen does not mean it did not happen at all.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
The Disney world connections are not so much plot holes, more like we don't get to see them happening. Which is a shame, though not too important. What IS important is how the Disney worlds teach Roxas the aspects of being human and how it motivates the Org members to go their various missions in KH2 . Like Luxord was interested in using treasure to experiment on darkness of heart, he could have gotten that idea when he saw Hook at Neverland. He doesn't have to be a party member all the time at Wonderland. So that's a wasted opportunity.

Like everyone said, the novel's canon status is debatable here. In that same scene, Roxas dual wielded, and we know that is not possible until the end of the game. Although it would have been good to get a mission there, or a mention that Xemnas possibly was the one who indirectly brought Maleficent back. Would have made a whole lot more sense.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Did you even watch the movie?

The Organization usually sneaks around instead of socializing with other characters. Roxas never really talked to Hercules, only walked by him. Besides, Roxas was only in Olympus Coliseum for a few out of the 358 Days of the game. If you want to know how Herc met Meg, watch the movies or read the mythology.

>_>

And BHK and the final secret boss in KH1 Final Mix are the same person. It's best just to stick with what you see in the game and reports. And as for the main part: Novels being canon? That's highly debatable.

Everyone has said that Nomura confirmed the novels were canon.

Plus wasn't the scene of Jack entering Halloween Town just like a recap of him coming there much earlier?

And you could use the excuse of Herc meeting Meg on the days Roxas wasn't there but it would be a pretty cheap excuse.

Not really. The first time Jack goes to X-mas town is a little before you enter Halloween Town in KH2. Hell they even show you the cutscene of it happening.

Just because we dident see it happen does not mean it did not happen. You know all those times you were done with a mission in that world while your leaving Herc is on his way back. Ever stop to think he was coming from seeing Meg?

Again, just because we dident see it happen does not mean it did not happen at all.

I know that it could of happened, i'm just saying that i'd like some confirmation that it did happen.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Everyone has said that Nomura confirmed the novels were canon.
He said she said.

And you could use the excuse of Herc meeting Meg on the days Roxas wasn't there but it would be a pretty cheap excuse.

Cheap excuse? How could that have possibly benefitted ANYTHING in the game? And how would they incorporate Organization XIII coming across them meeting? Sora, maybe. Organization XIII? Not likely.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Roxas went to Olympus, like, three times. Each time Hercules was gone for the sweet majority. It's no surprise he didn't run across anyone other than Phil.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
He said she said.

Cheap excuse? How could that have possibly benefitted ANYTHING in the game? And how would they incorporate Organization XIII coming across them meeting? Sora, maybe. Organization XIII? Not likely.

Well if you notice, alot of days showed Roxas a certain emotion. They could have had a day where Herc found out about the deal Meg made with Hades but Herc forgives her which teaches Roxas about forgiveness. (I should mention this would take place after the scene where Axel knocked Xion unconsious) and so Roxas confronts Axel and forgives him for hurting Xion.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Could have, should have. Still not a plot-hole by any means.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
But you can't deny that it would have made the plot better.
Sure?
The first post didn't ask about whether it would have made the plot better. It stated that it was a plot-hole.

Which it isn't.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I guess I was dissapointed they didn't include some of this stuff cause I was expecting this stuff to appear in Days since it was first announced.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I read a post from Smile today and my keyboard is acting up and not typing as fast as my fingers are going and subsequently pissing me off so I'm gonna keep this a LOT shorter than I originally intended.

The novels are not canon completely. Parts contradicted by the games do not create plot-holes, they merely become non-canon.

A

Audo

Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It easily could have happened in one of the periods where there is a huge jump in Days and we wouldn't know. It isn't necessarily a plot hole, it just wasn't shown.

Lack of mention =/= plot hole.

Hm. Maybe I should make this clear. The novels are something called secondary canon, while the games and Nomura Interviews are primary canon. In the event that there is a contradiction between the two, the primary canon wins.

It isn't a true plot hole, because the novels aren't on the same level of canon as the games.

I know this is probably a bad example since not many people watch LOST but... here it goes. For LOST, the primary canon is the show. The secondary canon is things like videos at Comic Con. More often than not, the stuff at Comic Con is canon and is worked into the show, but sometimes they can't get that content into the actual show (an example would be the Pierre Chang video Daniel filmed). In that event, the primary canon wins in terms of the mythology of the show. Where as the secondary canon is used more as a way to promote the show. Much like the novels are a way to promote the games.

The fact is, the novels aren't written by Nomura. What happens is an author goes to Nomura and says they want to write __________ storyline. Nomura then okays it, or tells them to change it or whatever. It's loosely canon, but since it is another medium writing it, they tend to throw in scenes and dialogue that are only there for "fun" and what not. It's an iffy subject, but really, the only canon you can have 100% faith in is the primary canon, not the secondary.

too long. v.v

ven-roxas21

a real plot hole would be roxas' logo thing. oathkeeper and oblivion, when he couldn't dual weild (that the organization knew) and (without changing gears since non to the other org. members did that in story mode) he had the kingdom key... NOW THAT IS A PLOT-HOLE... NOT A LACK OF INCLUDING

ven-roxas21

i cant remember the room name... but the one where there are the thirteen stones... one for each of the members... roxas symbol has the oathkeeper and oblivion crossed, but the organization never saw him use either of those.. and he could only single weild for all they knew... so why was his symbol 2 non-kingdom key keyblades??? i think that is a real plot hole

kyletrapa

good eye but jack showed sora to Christmas town saying he went there before now it possibly can be a hole but who knows well have to find out ill check on it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back