• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platformer Recommendations?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Everyone knows about Super Mario, Castlevania, Jak & Daxter, Prince of Persia, etc. I'm looking for other platformers (preferably 3D) that might be lesser known. It doesn't have to be Indie, but maybe just less common knowledge? Idk.

tl;dr What 3D Platformers would you guys recommend?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I was looking into 3DS platformers the other day, and while they are side scrolling games, Cave Story 3D (cartridge only) and Mighty Switch Force (download only) seem to stand out. But that's only if you have a 3DS... :x

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I know this isn't 3D but uh, I feel the need to point it out because it isn't listed.
MEGAMAAAAAAAAN.
Seriously, these games will endlessly entertain and sometimes frustrate you. Mostly the classic series, I never had too many frustrations with the X series. But there's tons of these, should keep you entertained for awhile.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm honestly surprised Rayman wasn't mentioned.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I didn't mean to say that the ones I listed were the only well-known ones, lol. I just put etc. because I was too lazy to mention other ones, like Mega Man, Rayman, Ratchet and Clank, and even Metroid. I just said the first ones that came to mind.

As for the suggestions, never heard of Alice: Madness Returns or Trine. What are the premises?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
this isn't 3d either but

(it's also free)

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
this isn't 3d either but

(it's also free)

wow you're a beautiful mind.

seriously just get this. you can also pick up Cave Story + or Cave Story 3D if you don't mind spending money. but it's easily one of the best platformers i've ever played.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
never heard of Alice: Madness Returns or Trine. What are the premises?

Alice: Madness Returns is the sequel to American McGee's Alice. It's basically just an effed up version of Wonderland with really good platforming.

If you buy a new copy of the game I'm pretty sure you get American McGee's Alice for free via download. Which is another great platformer in itself. Madness Returns also has a lot of unlockable content to keep you occupied.

Edit: I found this to be relevant http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/13/dorkly-bits-mario-is-too-mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back