Our childhoods are being slaughtered...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
I was at work lol. That and the forums in general are pretty quiet ever since KH3 ripped the fandom apart.

I agree though, that Hollywood really needs to look into doing movies and shows of things that haven't been done before. If you want to make an adaptation of a bestselling book series, there are some that haven't been done yet. Original ideas should be encouraged over a quick buck.

The truth is though, that remakes and sequels make more money (for the most part) than standalone original ideas. Familiarity and nostalgia are very powerful influences. And whenever something original does really well (the new Joker movie for instance), there's a good percentage of those films/games that get popular because of polarizing issues in the media.

Veevee

Awards
  • Red Travels the Farthest
  • Luna Diviner
  • Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Savage Nymph
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Unicornis Union
First of all, if something sucks, is very subjective. Personally, I feel that KH3 lacks in a lot of aspects, but I still can't dismiss those who like it as "people with bad taste" or something because taste differs. Second, Hollywood has never been a really creative part of the movie industry - they have their shtick of making explosive badass hero's journey action popcorn movies and are very successful for it. Can you criticize them for doing similar / the same things over and over? Yes. Can you criticize their audience for watching the similar / same stuff over and over? Also yes. I'd like innovations as much as everyone else, but there are enough instances when innovations just fail and since they are usually expensive, I can't blame an industry for sticking with what works and thus sells well.
Hollywood doesn't reflect the movie industry as a whole, actually they mostly represent the shiny, backstabbery and most of all so-called "mainstream" of the industry. If you are looking for something different from the mainstream, you have to look elsewhere.

Also, you seem pretty obsesses with making clear that Resident Evil sucks. Well .. maybe you should just let it go?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
I still miss Jacen, Jaina, and Mara Jade ;_;

Rodin

Awards
You could just go find something new to enjoy.

Just a thought.

EDIT- I'm not saying your wrong to feel how you feel but there are better ways to channel it.

Last edited: