• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original Rps

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
I realize that the idea of having to come up with their own ideas can be straining for some of the members of this site but the lack of activity in the Original Rp section is disgraceful. As such I am going to start this thread for the development of ideas and storylines for rps, I intend to use it as a place to bounce ideas off of others. A sort of central Original Rp hub as well as using it to work on an original rp that I want everyone who is interested to be involved in every bit of the process. Maybe this thing can hold out until the end if everyone feels they are part of it's creation.

Basically this will be a thread for collaborating on Original Rps. As of now there are no details and we have a blank slate. I would like some other Rpers that I consider respectable to join me as a sort of 'committee' over the ideas that are gotten. I don't mean to imply that we will be controlling the direction any more than others but some order has to be kept.

I don't know if this will generate any interest or not. But I hope that something can help revitalize the section.

Rp Committee

Thor.

Stavvy

Dawning Twilight

Ordeith

Any and all ideas are welcome. The only thing I ask is that you get involved.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'd be more than willing to assist in helping create an original RP. In fact, I've recently been planning something out myself, though it isn't complete as of yet.

afrobutt

Silver Member
The RP section in general suxshit anymore, and I would love to see a decent RP.

The two biggest problems I've seen are either

People can't/won't devote enough effort into the RP (though I can't say I'm not guilty of this occasionally)

Most of the RPers in this section make pretty terrible characters

Or both

So I wouldn't mind being part of making a decent RP

EDIT: Wait, didn't you try to do this a few months ago Chosen?

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
The RP section in general suxshit anymore, and I would love to see a decent RP.

The two biggest problems I've seen are either

People can't/won't devote enough effort into the RP (though I can't say I'm not guilty of this occasionally)

Most of the RPers in this section make pretty terrible characters

Or both

So I wouldn't mind being part of making a decent RP

EDIT: Wait, didn't you try to do this a few months ago Chosen?

I think I probably did actually. But it's always worth another try. I love the Rp section and what has been happening around here is kind of sad.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Obviously, if he called you Chosen.

I think you did, as well. But that may have been the Romance RP that failed. . .

I want another, lol.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
So there are a few things that need to be decided before we get started. First of all we need to figure out how to classify the ideas we are presented with.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Count me in. I'll help if you guys want.

And to classify, first off, I think we could just start with: Genre

Do we want an action, fighting one?
Or
Normal teenage (or any age) life?, etc, etc.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
He may be right with starting in genre. Though I am definitely not crazy about the idea of having a "teenager" rp.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
I was just throwing out the first few ideas that came to my head.
So, what kind of RP do people want to do?

afrobutt

Silver Member
Who are you? :l

But uh, if we want an RP that will last long, then we probably want to go with a battle RP. I'd rather have a teen RP then one full of grizzly faced adults who have rough and mysterious pasts and wield giant swords possessed by fuck monsters.

Battle RPs that have each character fall under a certain element (despite being done to death), usually last long as well.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
All I meant was that I didn't want a high school rp. I don't care what age any of the characters are really.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
The idea was to start from scratch so as to have everyone included in the process. I don't want to control too much of the creation of the Rp.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Action isn't a genre. It will definitely have some kind of conflict, the question is what kind of basis do we want.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm all in favor of collaborating together to create a long-lasting RP, but if in the end our efforts prove fruitless, we can always fall back on a small RP I thought of off the top of my head one night. For the sake of post space, I uploaded it to a free text host; here's the link: Free Text Host

The key to this RP is the influence that your character will have over current events in the world. For example, a being of Order given dominion over southeast Asia would help settle the conflict between China and Tibet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back