• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Order of Twilight Haters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

captain

Bronze Member
Re: Twilight Hateclub

Hmm... Very curious... And curiosity fuels me. Tell me, why is there a Twilight-hate club?
(I wanna know real reasons why people hate it. I'm not a fan, just really curious...)

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

It is impossible for a vampire to be anything but evil, let alone love something. By their very definition, vampires are supernaturally animated corpses who suck the blood of humans to stay alive. How can something like that show any affection for anything? If Bram Stoker were to see this, I'm sure he would be disgusted.

captain

Bronze Member

It is impossible for a vampire to be anything but evil, let alone love something. By their very definition, vampires are supernaturally animated corpses who suck the blood of humans to stay alive. How can something like that show any affection for anything? If Bram Stoker were to see this, I'm sure he would be disgusted.

Have you ever read/seen anything besides Bram Stoker's Dracula? (that was about vampires)
I mean, what you're talking about is more 30 Days of Night....(which is awesome)
Have you even read/seen Twilight?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

I've read Dracula. They ARE reanimated corpses. (Mina would have been more in a coma or something)

I haven't read or seen it, but I 've done pretty much else to give it a chance.

Muse

you look atrocious

Have you ever read/seen anything besides Bram Stoker's Dracula? (that was about vampires)
I mean, what you're talking about is more 30 Days of Night....(which is awesome)
Have you even read/seen Twilight?

I've read Twilight, New Moon, part of Eclipse, and parts of Breaking Dawn. Does that count?
I, however, have not seen it nor will I. Movies < Books.

Hmm... Very curious... And curiosity fuels me. Tell me, why is there a Twilight-hate club?
(I wanna know real reasons why people hate it. I'm not a fan, just really curious...)

Oh, hold on! =D Lemme get my rant!

captain

Bronze Member

I don't get what all the hype is over Twilight. The characters are all two-dimensional, cardboard cut outs with no depth and no personality and the only good thing going for them is their 'looks', which the author obsesses over for about three chapters.

The plot- Wait, scratch that. There is no plot. Nothing happens in the whole damn book until chapter 17 or such where Bella is pursued by a vamp who wants to kill her. Oh no. And then, he beats the shit out of her until the Cullens kill him. Epic.

The second was absolutely boring as it had nothing except Bella being oh so over dramatic over Edward leaving her, causing her to have suicidal tendencies such as riding a motorcycle without a helmet and plunging off a cliff into the cold, cold ocean below. Oh yeah, and jumping straight into that vampire pit. That was smart.

I couldn't bring myself to read the third and I barely skimmed through the fourth. I made my friend flip through it so I could read the 'interesting' parts, such as Edward breaking the headboard. Other than that, I wanted nothing to do with it.

Oh! Did I mention how it is a bad example for young, impressionable girls? Bella, the main character and thus the role model for these girls, is ready to abandon her education and run off with Edward and live the rest of her merry little life together with him. In the second book, she overreacts about Edward leaving her and turns 'emo' and has a suicidal tendency, which I mentioned above. I'm not sure exactly what she does in the third and fourth books, having not read them, but I can assume that based on the first two, it's not good either.

The series is given far more attention than needed and needs to disappear completely over the course of the next few years. (Because, honestly, it's going to take a while for the fans to get over it and move on.)

Am I in the club?

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :thumbsup: All I needed was someone who actually knew what they were talking about!
BTW: In the third book, Bella finally desides that Edward is the one, not Jacob. (there is of coarse more, but that's the gist)
and you wanna talk about bad impressions on girls?
In the fourth book, Edward wants to marry Bella, but she doesn't wanna be "one of those girls who gets married right out of high school". She does, however, ask two very big things of Edward- 1) to turn her into a vampire so she can live forever with him, 2) sex.
Edward refuses to do either unless he can marry her (which is actually pretty cool) but Bella finally gets him in bed....

So yes, knowing who I am fighting with I can know officially ask membership to this club...
simonbelmont.gif

LET'S KICK SOME {vampire}

EDIT- I'm begging you to make me Bella's assassin. She must die.

madammina

I know! Girls are growing up thinking that their bf must be control freaks who they must give everything up for. Idiots.

(points to name) Mina learned, and fought.

captain

Bronze Member

^ well... that's just annoying...

I know! Girls are growing up thinking that their bf must be control freaks who they must give everything up for. Idiots.

(points to name) Mina learned, and fought.

Glad to have the wonderful Mina Harker on our side.

madammina

deleted

Have you read Mina? I love her and Rebecca in Ivanhoe. GREAT Heroines.

edit: I mean Mina is a learned person. She took on masculine jobs when the book was written. Like being a reporter a bit. And learning Shorthand. And using a pistol.

captain

Bronze Member

So when do I officially join this club?

Muse

you look atrocious

When Liberator shows up. ^^ You could PM him, see if that'll get you in faster.

kairiismyBFFL

Website
www.youtube.com

i NEED to join this! I HATE Twilight. My teacher loves it and u can tell in school. She wore her Team Edward shirt to school. She is pregnant now. She better not name her child Bella or Edward.:cursing:

Muse

you look atrocious

Stop spamming.

Idiot.

afrobutt

Silver Member

Awesome

You all still suck pretty hard though, btw <3

madammina

You could try debating.

I wouldn't report if you were actually debating rather than spamming. And I mean take apart our points piece by piece and say what you think is wrong with them. We return the favor. And politely too. Not "This is wrong, idiot" and leave it at that. But rather "This is wrong because the Volutari prohibited it in 1592" bad example, but you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back