• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Order of Twilight Haters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Re: Twilight Hateclub

Except Pelafina and that Ningacom guy (are they in this?), I guess they're aight

afrobutt

Silver Member

You could try debating.

I wouldn't report if you were actually debating rather than spamming. And I mean take apart our points piece by piece and say what you think is wrong with them. We return the favor. And politely too. Not "This is wrong, idiot" and leave it at that. But rather "This is wrong because the Volutari prohibited it in 1592" bad example, but you get the picture.

Some Faggot said:
So I have to start hating on Twilight now

K

First, the majority of this FC is comprised of idiots who can't tell when someone is obviously joking. And by obvious, I mean when someone posts in two threads talking about how much he doesn't like Twilight, and then starts pretending to like Twilight. I honestly thought you were just going to keep ignoring me, and when you actually started believing me I nearly fell off my chair.

Next, most of your reasons for disliking Twilight are stupid. Don't get me wrong, Twilight deserves to be hated on, but you make me want to like Twilight just so I can say I don't share your opinions. Madammina just doesn't like it because it's not Dracula, I'm guessing most members haven't even read the series, and Xeirei truly doesn't like it (albeit going along with the cynical feel of this thread).

Yes, Bella is kind of pathetic but uh...

Spoilers for :
Most, if not all teenagers are

All of her actions reflect what a normal teenage girl in love would do. And then there's Edward. Now, you could argue that he should be a little more mature after a century of life, but let's suppose he has the same mindset as a teenage boy (albeit living for a century). After nearly 100 years of living without purpose, he finds someone he really likes. Now naturally, he's going to be protective seeing as Bella is a convenient plot-inducing hazard.

Thinking from a non-cynical/biased/educated point of view (See: Most Teenagers), Twilight would be the perfect love story between two teenagers. I'd bet everything I own that, were two normal teens placed in the setting of Twilight, they would act EXACTLY the same way. And in this respect, Meyer is the perfect author for creating a series that every teenager can side with.

And now, because defending Twilight is gag-inducing, I'll humor this thread. Twilight DOES suck, but not because "lol edcunt is a staker and bellas just so dum lol". It sucks because, unfortunately for Meyer, every character is indeed very teen-like. Meaning that they're boring, lack personality, and not that intresting to listen to for 4 books. The only redeeming character of Twilight is Jacob, who becomes just as dull as everyone else on page 360 of Breaking Dawn (WHYYYYYYYYY). Now take all of that, cut it into four parts, and sprinkle it with a plot that just screams romantic-comedy induced fanfiction.

Ello, my name is Twilight. I'm going to show you what happens to fanfiction that gets published.

Now, all of you. The only reason you hate on Twilight and made this little club is because you like being part of the "Anti" group against popular pop culture, and this is as almost annoying as the people who actually like Twilight.

tl;dr: You all suck at hating Twilight

You're right, I should try to sound more like this guy

afrobutt

Silver Member

Well you are kind of a faggot. You said you like Twilight, homo

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

okay, now we are getting somewhere (though I would appreciate it if you had also used the posts put AFTER your post.

Ningacom said:
So I have to start hating on Twilight now

K
Only if you want to. We did.

Ningacom said:
First, the majority of this FC is comprised of idiots who can't tell when someone is obviously joking. And by obvious, I mean when someone posts in two threads talking about how much he doesn't like Twilight, and then starts pretending to like Twilight. I honestly thought you were just going to keep ignoring me, and when you actually started believing me I nearly fell off my chair.
I did. Hence why I ignored you.

Ningacom said:
Next, most of your reasons for disliking Twilight are stupid. Don't get me wrong, Twilight deserves to be hated on, but you make me want to like Twilight just so I can say I don't share your opinions. Madammina just doesn't like it because it's not Dracula, I'm guessing most members haven't even read the series, and Xeirei truly doesn't like it (albeit going along with the cynical feel of this thread).
See my post on powers and their relation to God.

Ningacom said:
Yes, Bella is kind of pathetic but uh...
We agree here.

Ningacom said:
Spoilers for :
Most, if not all teenagers are

All of her actions reflect what a normal teenage girl in love would do. And then there's Edward. Now, you could argue that he should be a little more mature after a century of life, but let's suppose he has the same mindset as a teenage boy (albeit living for a century). After nearly 100 years of living without purpose, he finds someone he really likes. Now naturally, he's going to be protective seeing as Bella is a convenient plot-inducing hazard.

Again, see post about not supposed to have a soul, hence no loving. Like Glaurung said too. Also, even if he originally had the same mindset as a teenage boy, he has "lived" 100 years and seen enough to mature. While he is not supposed to like, I understand, if he had a soul, his desire to protect. (sidenote: Miss Meyer, try to make your Heroines smarter and more independant as humans. Girls are going to be in so much trouble a few years from now.

Ningacom said:
Thinking from a non-cynical/biased/educated point of view (See: Most Teenagers), Twilight would be the perfect love story between two teenagers. I'd bet everything I own that, were two normal teens placed in the setting of Twilight, they would act EXACTLY the same way. And in this respect, Meyer is the perfect author for creating a series that every teenager can side with.
Again, no soul. I can see two human teenagers acting this way though.

Ningacom said:
And now, because defending Twilight is gag-inducing, I'll humor this thread. Twilight DOES suck, but not because "lol edcunt is a staker and bellas just so dum lol". It sucks because, unfortunately for Meyer, every character is indeed very teen-like. Meaning that they're boring, lack personality, and not that intresting to listen to for 4 books. The only redeeming character of Twilight is Jacob, who becomes just as dull as everyone else on page 360 of Breaking Dawn (WHYYYYYYYYY). Now take all of that, cut it into four parts, and sprinkle it with a plot that just screams romantic-comedy induced fanfiction.

Ello, my name is Twilight. I'm going to show you what happens to fanfiction that gets published.
They ARE boring and lack personality, but many teens are not like that.

Ningacom said:
Now, all of you. The only reason you hate on Twilight and made this little club is because you like being part of the "Anti" group against popular pop culture, and this is as almost annoying as the people who actually like Twilight.
Er, no. I like Dracula, and see Twilight as travesty against how vampires should be. Soulless and evil. And Bella, as stated before, could act more independent to give girls a good rolemodel instead of girl who needs to be rescued until she loses her soul.

Muse

you look atrocious

Damn Mina... Would give you rep, but I gots to spread it around some more before I do. =/

madammina

Thanks! Hope it's enough though.

One thing though, I once got into an argument with a friend over the wicked witch of the west. I said she was Evil (having read Wizard of Oz) and she said she was good (she saw or read Wicked. one of the two) It's kind of the same thing here. We're arguing from two different canons, but the second canon takes the first canon and twists it or ignores some major but unknown details.

captain

Bronze Member

mina, I have to disagree with one of your points. True, traditionally, vampires would not be able to fall in love. However, Twilight is not the first vampire story to give one of these creatures of the night a love.
This does not excuse Twilight, however. It is badly written and has underdeveloped characters. I wouldn't mind the romance story... if it was good.

madammina

I forgive Angel, because they made it specifically state he was "cursed" with a soul, but my soul hangup exists for all others.

like this line?: "Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars- points of light and reason . . . And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly, everything was on fire; there was brillancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything." - Edward Cullen
-Credit given to the Twilight Saga fanclub.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave

captain

Bronze Member

I forgive Angel, because they made it specifically state he was "cursed" with a soul, but my soul hangup exists for all others.

like this line?: "Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars- points of light and reason . . . And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly, everything was on fire; there was brillancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything." - Edward Cullen
-Credit given to the Twilight Saga fanclub.

Edward's trying way to hard, lol...

But there have been other vampires to fall in love? Does the name Alucard mean anything to you, Mrs. Harker?

madammina

Aha! I was hoping you wouldn't catch on.. *bows* Excellant work, Mrs. Harker..

You're welcome! But, uh, I got it from the Castlevania Wiki first. I just started playing it recently (Trying to beat the quests in Portrait of Ruin). Dhampyr is a cool word though.

(blinks) YEAH! you got my fictional last name!

where have i heard harker before....oh yeahz! in bloodline. its written as a bunch of diarys, but the basic premise is still the same. you'd be suprised at the similaritys!

Bloodline? I pulled my name from Dracula. Mina Harker is fantastic in it. Van Helsing calls her Madam Mina and I put the two together. Anyway, Mina does all these Masculine jobs (for the time) and when Dracula turns her so that she will eventually turn into a vampire (revenge for her husband and friends fighting against him) she actively fights, compared to her best friend Lucy who just wasted away. She fought his control, and fought by learning all she could so she could help figure out to stop him.

Rebecca was also a very good heroine in Ivanhoe. But that's a story for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back