• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

One thing I really hated about KHII related to the Heartless

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did you like the Heartless better in KHI or KHII?

• KHI

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • KHII

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Love them in both

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Hate them in every appearance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree that the Heartless had a darker appearance; this probably has something to so with KHI being a darker game.

T

The Spoiler

Ummm... You do no that those arent unversed right? Theyre Maleficents henchmen from Sleeping Beauty.
Theyre not Unversed? Whew, thats a releif. I only watched a little gameplay of that world and havent seen sleeping beauty for years, so thanks! Are there even unversed there then? I think those pigs are all ive seen...

Pengwin

Invisible.png

!!! I remembered that heartless when I was reading the first post but didn't know it's name. one of the toughest non-boss heartless in the game. I also remember the Flying ball looking heartless with antennas. Also the defender one with a shield....most memorable for me from KH1 :p

but yeah, KH1 Heartless > KH2 Heartless

Aria

braver by the minute
I agree that the Heartless had a darker appearance; this probably has something to so with KHI being a darker game.

Yeah that's probably part of it too, KHII was so much more light-hearted.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Definitely KH1's Heartless. They actually look threatening and all "I'M GONNA EAT YOU RAWR".
The KH2 Heartless design was too colorful and cute, I swear, I want to cuddle with most of them. I understand they're trying to adapt to the surroundings, but they were able to pull it off in KH1, and they still looked like demons. KH2 is just so much more.. friendlier and light-hearted compared to the other KH game. It's just not as serious, and even character designs strengthen that fact. :/

Nobodies (exclude the Org.) didn't look that threatening, either.

If Xehanort really did create the Heartless, he must've been fucking high.
I know it's actually Nomura's fault, but just go with it ._.;

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
!!! I remembered that heartless when I was reading the first post but didn't know it's name. one of the toughest non-boss heartless in the game. I also remember the Flying ball looking heartless with antennas. Also the defender one with a shield....most memorable for me from KH1 :p

but yeah, KH1 Heartless > KH2 Heartless

That heartless is called "Invisible" he is the best heartless in the series. The Flying Ball is called the "Darkball" and they are the coolest heartless in KHI. Another awesome one is the...
Arch_Behemoth.png
Arch Behomoth

latchkeykid

The least intimidating boss fight in kh2 was definitley those two fat wizard heartless.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
As others said, I have to agree with the fact that heartless weren't nearly as menacing in KH2, with a few exceptions. After all, I didn't find the Space Paranoids heartless too cuddly. Then there's the difficulty factor, not saying it's just because KH2 was easier, but it was partly because it was easier to. I only died to a handful of KH2's heartless, type-wise. Graveyards/ Toy Soldiers encompassing most of my KH2 heartless deaths. (Even if the Toy Soldiers lean more towards the colorful, cute, and cuddly side, they're still annoying bastards imo.) One thing that grinds my gears though is that Neo Shadows were overdone. Seriously.. Why couldn't we have Gigant Shadows among the Shadows or something instead. I miss the time when they felt a bit.. enigmatic and cool.. KH2 makes them like another lame, easy to kill heartless. Also, what happened to their abilities in KH1: Final Mix and Days? (I'm not sure about CoM.)

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
As others said, I have to agree with the fact that heartless weren't nearly as menacing in KH2, with a few exceptions. After all, I didn't find the Space Paranoids heartless too cuddly. Then there's the difficulty factor, not saying it's just because KH2 was easier, but it was partly because it was easier to. I only died to a handful of KH2's heartless, type-wise. Graveyards/ Toy Soldiers encompassing most of my KH2 heartless deaths. (Even if the Toy Soldiers lean more towards the colorful, cute, and cuddly side, they're still annoying bastards imo.) One thing that grinds my gears though is that Neo Shadows were overdone. Seriously.. Why couldn't we have Gigant Shadows among the Shadows or something instead. I miss the time when they felt a bit.. enigmatic and cool.. KH2 makes them like another lame, easy to kill heartless. Also, what happened to their abilities in KH1: Final Mix and Days? (I'm not sure about CoM.)

I agree. Neoshadows used to be so awesome.

And I hated fighting Graveyards and Toy Soldiers in the Hades Cup until I got Final Mix. Limit form made it so easy. Sonic Blade spam= Death to all

A

Azrael

Kingdom Hearts 1's Heartless were the best. Better than the Nobodies and Unversed.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Because KHII had a horrible lack of Purebloods. Shadows and Soldiers are the only ones I can recall in KHII.

KHII was about the Nobodies. KH1 was about the Heartless. Did you miss playing both games?

Secondly your poor choice of Heartless was from the friggen Steamboat world. A cartoon world. Of fucking course it will be comedic. The entire world is.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I agree, KH1 had a more... evil feel with the heartless then they did in KH2 but, I think that's because in the first you had a sense that you were supposed to fear the darkness.

By the second, Sora and the gang were practically shaking hands with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back