• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

One Night in the Snow

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
I lie in the Snow,
The Blanket of Time,
My cold Breath is low,
We'll be just fine.

I Know not Where,
Nor Why or How,
I came to be There,
For What Matters is Now.

A Drop of Saline,
Fallen down My Cheek,
On Her Shoulder I Lean,
For I am too Meek.

What We Fear most,
Is not Death or Age,
It is simply the Boast,
The turning of the next Page.

And When I Finally get Free,
I Flee for My Life,
For What once was Two, is now Me,
And I Flee not from a Person, but merely Strife.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I think I get what this poem is about. I like it, especially the first verse. Reminds of this story I came across a long time ago. Good job Auron.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Your welcome, Auron. I don't remember all the details or what the story was called, just that it had to with time and snow. Was kind of a sad story.. Don't remember how it ended either. Did you write your story here on khi? Maybe I've come across it then, if you have.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
Oh no, I didn't write a story. I was just browsing the poetry section and felt like contributing, so I scratched this up and posted it. It was easy because I consider myself a fair writer (not an ego). The poem itself is the story. What I meant was, it's based on something I read a long time ago, as well.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Be careful, might be some people that will say your rhyme scheme is lazy. I however, do not think that. Always been a fan of the abab rhyme scheme. You definitely got your message across, and I felt it. Probably a little too long near the end, but nonetheless, great.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
When I began writing it, I meant for the last verse to have longer lines than the others. I don't know why, it just felt right to me. Also, I prefer, when I write poetry, to use abab, hakiu, or completely non-rhyming (I forget the term for it) styles. So it's not so much lazy as a personal preference.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
It's kind of a metaphor for a situation I'm currently in. You see, a friend and I are having a really big fight, and he won't talk to me. He's the closest friend I've had in a while, and with this fight, it feels like I'm dying.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
Someone critiqued my work. I noted the critique. In case you haven't noticed, I've already posted another poem that follows a different rhyming scheme, in order to experiment. I have a very sturdy backbone, "scubasteve". Thank you for your... input. Also, take note that I mentioned it's merely a personal preference. That means that I like to write in that style. Nobody says I can't write in this style. So no, I won't "grow a freaking backbone", because then I'd receive a spinal injury.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Someone critiqued my work. I noted the critique. In case you haven't noticed, I've already posted another poem that follows a different rhyming scheme, in order to experiment. I have a very sturdy backbone, "scubasteve". Thank you for your... input. Also, take note that I mentioned it's merely a personal preference. That means that I like to write in that style. Nobody says I can't write in this style. So no, I won't "grow a freaking backbone", because then I'd receive a spinal injury.
did you even notice what post scubasteve was replying to

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
Yes, I did, and the only person being critiqued on this thread would be the thread starter, would it not? He quoted a line from King Sora X that can be viewed as a critique on me. Coupled with what he said, the only logical conclusion is that he was noting my answer to said critique, but did not quote it. I know EXACTLY what post scubasteve was replying to. Even if he WAS talking to someone else, which is nigh impossible on a thread where a single person posts a single poem, I would not have changed my response except to defend the other person, because I did not like the way he responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back