• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Old School Gamers thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Nope, Metal Gear was developed for the MSX and then butchered graphically in the port to the NES.

And yes, that game was/is crazy.

文偉立

newb programmer
The moment some kid said Tomb Raider was old was the day I realized I was getting old. T.T

Then again, I do recognize some old games I can't believe I used to cherish. Looking back on how I used to play my mario games when I was only 4 on the original NES. Yet, I still believe that game is 1337, even though I suck in platformer games (even now)

^^ I definitly had fun playing that game....Not the best story but I found it fun to play for a Final Fantasy game...Besides...Two final attack materia one linked to life and another to KOTR ass well as MP/HP switch and a few maxed Magic plus is just humorous:p

文偉立

newb programmer
Oh god, Crash Bandicoot. I don't hate him but looking back on him made me realize he is no longer as he once was. I mean, all he could do back then was jump and spin. Now, you can use Rocket Launchers with him. In the first game, you had to save his girlfriend. In the later games, his girlfriend is no longer existent. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!

I remember playing some of the Bonus Challenges, where you have to jump over these stacked crates to the other side of you fall down. I remember one where it was nothing but TNTs and Nitros...That one scared me like crazy.

Mighty

unknown212 said:
the real challage of the game was getting all 42 crystals. . .man was that some time

Yeah, I dont think I ever got the last 2 :(
This thread is making me feal a little old too, and i'm only 16...

Some of earlist and favorite gaming memories are from my three favorite series: Sonic, Mega Man and Mario. Both Sonic and Mega Man have never had the same quality of gaming.:(

Mighty

unknown212 said:
greatest challange in sonic 1-3= colleting the 7 chaos emeralds

. . . . .it's alot harder to do with sonic then with tails :(

I never really found Sonic 2, 3&Knuckles to be all the difficult.
Now Sonic 1, if you don't know where the chaos emerald is you're screwed. Some of the game gear and Mastersystem Sonics had frustrating emerald stages as well.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I never really bothered to get all the chaos emeralds. I found them to be far too frustrating to obtain, so I played Gunstar Heroes and Shinobi III instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back