• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► No new records from Gorillaz and Blur

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Came across an interview with Damon Albarn.

Damon Albarn: Gorillaz, heroin and the last days of Blur | Music | The Guardian

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So uh yes. I am kind of sad because I just got into Gorillaz more. >:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wow, this is pretty upsetting.

The project's demise, he says, is a "long story", which seems to have reached a head in 2010, when Gorillaz toured as a huge band, and Hewlett's visuals were not nearly as central to the show as they had been. "It was one of those things," Albarn says. "The music and the videos weren't working as well together, but I felt we'd made a really good record, and I was into it. So we went and played it."

If this a reference to Plastic Beach then I would somewhat agree. I don't think the visuals worked with the music, but yet could be a totally great album (which it was). This is sad sad day in music history.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Damn... :/ Gorillaz, you will be missed so hard.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
If this a reference to Plastic Beach then I would somewhat agree. I don't think the visuals worked with the music, but yet could be a totally great album (which it was). This is sad sad day in music history.

I think it's more in reference to the Plastic Beach concerts, which didn't really feature ANY of Hewlett's visuals except for the advertisements for the concert with members of the Clash. Compare that to the Demon Days tours, which featured at most a silhouette of the real band while the cartoon band performed. The album Plastic Beach, however, had more music videos than the other albums combined (though I'm still really upset Rhinestone Eyes got canned). The problem seems to be more on Jamie Hewlett, whose workload is understandably greater and more time consuming than Damon's. So as much as sad as I am to hear this, I kinda saw it coming.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

I think it's more in reference to the Plastic Beach concerts, which didn't really feature ANY of Hewlett's visuals except for the advertisements for the concert with members of the Clash. Compare that to the Demon Days tours, which featured at most a silhouette of the real band while the cartoon band performed. The album Plastic Beach, however, had more music videos than the other albums combined (though I'm still really upset Rhinestone Eyes got canned). The problem seems to be more on Jamie Hewlett, whose workload is understandably greater and more time consuming than Damon's. So as much as sad as I am to hear this, I kinda saw it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back