• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Heart Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Why doesn't he use it in the fight with Sora, but uses it in this fight?
Because this fight is uncanon, first of all. As for why he doesn't use it against Sora, I couldn't say. But that's largely the whole point of this--to raise that question. Which Nomura has said is an actual mystery. That's why a lot of people are now making Xemnas theories about it.

Pratiko

Awards
Something no one knows, probably not even Nomura.
So it can't be proven until it's known why.
K, we can keep this discussion until Nomura explains it, but that's not gonna be soon. At this point, it could be anyone.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
So it can't be proven until it's known why.
K, we can keep this discussion until Nomura explains it, but that's not gonna be soon. At this point, it could be anyone.
No, that's not how it works. It's obviously Xemnas and the whole point is to show that he could've used the Keyblade he just chose not to. Now the question is "why did he choose not to" not "who is this mysterious armour".

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
No, that's not how it works. It's obviously Xemnas and the whole point is to show that he could've used the Keyblade he just chose not to. Now the question is "why did he choose not to" not "who is this mysterious armour".

Pretty much sums up the dilemma.

Honestly I don't think that this boss will appear again. It seems like all the Mirage Arena bosses are going to be non-canon for BBS.

Pratiko

Awards
The possibility of him choosing not to use it is so little it doesn't stand a chance agaisnt it being another character.
If Xemnas can use the Keyblade, why wait nine years for some kiddos to start getting Hearts for him?
DUH.

Or "what happened that prevented him from using it"
That's the spirit.

gxyoumo14

The possibility of him choosing not to use it is so little it doesn't stand a chance agaisnt it being another character.
If Xemnas can use the Keyblade, why wait nine years for some kiddos to start getting Hearts for him?
DUH.

ever wonder how xemnas started to compile kingdom hearts? it may be related somehow

man,..anyone else miss the idea of secret heartless bosses that had no relevance to the story. also, dont forget that MX had an armor that was later discarded

Revolution

ever wonder how xemnas started to compile kingdom hearts? it may be related somehow

We can assume that because the Organization was already in works during KH1, that some of the heart's Sora freed went to their Kingdom Hearts.

Along with Roxas and Xion is Days doing more heart hunting.

SoraKing3

Banned
As some people have said on this thread, the fights themselves aren't exactly canon. The MF fight can be questionable in my opinion, but the Armor of the Master and the No Heart battles themselves aren't canon.

However, this fact does not discount the validity of your theory, because I'm pretty sure that the characters are canon, and most likely will be featured in some way in future installments. If No Heart truly is Master Xehanort's Nobody, this means that Terra and MX will come back as separate beings, which is good I guess. But would Eraqus' heart stay inside of Terra?

Ralz

It's the Mirage Arena, nothing within is to be considered a part of the story. This fight, as well as Monstro and Eraqus's Armor are nothing more than funtime. Actually, I like this better than Nomura adding a bunch of bosses that ARE canon... >_>

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think it's possible that No Heart could be canon and non-canon in the sense that... the enemies we face in the Mirage Arena are illusions/mirages/not real but they also reveal little truths about these characters or creates a what if situation. Like Master Eraqus doesn't wear his armor throughout the storyline canonically but the Mirage Arena gives us an idea what Master Eraqus would've looked like if he wore it.

Last edited:

WhinyAcademic

Awards
What makes an event in the series canon is really the choice of the player. With something like this in the Mirage Arena, it's unlikely it's canon, but the sheer coolness and enigma of No Heart makes me want to consider it official canon. It really boils down to if you consider it canon, not the circumstances of the event. It's your own personal canon. You can say that somehow, No Heart and Eraqus' armor forced their way into the Mirage Arena through a computer glitch or something, or Terra or somebody made No Heart a fightable boss in the Arena just for the heck of it.

For example, we saw Aqua fall into the Realm of Darkness, but if a fan didn't like that, they could just ignore it. Sure, they're not right for denying what seriously happened in the plot, but that's what I mean - it all depends on if you consider it canon or not.

I'm accepting it as cannon right now, since Xemnas was retconned into canon in later installments (flashbacks from Sora's memory returning, opening cinematics, etc). It could go either way, but again, the fact the fight with No Heart takes place in the Mirage Arena makes it look unlikely, but the jury is still out until Nomura dwells on the subject further. Just to be safe, I'll accept No Heart as canon due to the fact I love mysteries being planted, and Xemnas-Enigmatic Man was retconned as well.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't think there is really such a thing as "personal canon". As, that kind of goes against the whole point of what "canon" is, when it comes to stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back