• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo eShop Trailer High Quality + Download

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Re: Nintendo E-Shop Trailer High Quality

I think the dream eaters make pretty cool enemies, and i like the idea of having them be party members, but i feel that they made it feel a little too much like nintendogs...

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I think the dream eaters make pretty cool enemies, and i like the idea of having them be party members, but i feel that they made it feel a little too much like nintendogs...

YOU WILL LOVE AND ADORE THEM.

LOVE

AND ADORE.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

Im kinda interested in how its gonna play out, personally i have never had a problem feeling like kh is too childish for me to play, i knew what i was getting into when i got into the series... For all i know the new mechanics may just be completely revolutionary in terms of kh gameplay

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

If you wanted to play a non childish game you shouldn't have played a game with Mickey Mouse in it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

TL;DR: KH would be a better series if it left the fluffy immature shit at the door, dumped Disney and stopped trying to appeal to multiple different age groups by trying to incorporate a little bit of everything. I hope DDD is good but I have serious doubts (aside from the story). Thanks for reading, try not to get too mad over someone else's opinion.

I figured I'd skip the filler and get to your point. Why do you play the game then? You clearly don't play for the Disney. You can't appreciate any of the games for what they are apparently. Why do you spend hours upon hours playing a game that will never meet your expectations? You've put all of these ideas and wishes into a series that will never do anything like what you described in that long rant. It will always try to appeal to everybody, will always have Disney, and will always have something in it that is lighthearted.

It's never going to be as good as you want it to be. You're better off making your own game to get what you want than waiting around wishing for KH to do it.

I never even got mad at your opinion so I have no idea where you got that from. Saying you are stupid and me being upset over your opinion are two different things.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Calls me childish then insults me by saying I have Aspergers (you didn't even spell it right, good job), the irony.
Lol, I never said you had it. I know how to spell it, I have it. "Ass burgers" is the way Sugar says it on Glee(ILY SUGAR).

As for the Disney characters, nobody plays KH because of the Disney characters and nobody buys the sequels/prequels because of the Disney characters they do it because the story is excellent and the character development is fantastic too.

Most people bought the first game and second FOR Disney. Just sayin'.
It's only people invested in the plot that buys the rest(I reckon.)

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I bought the second because KINGDOM HEARTS and the first because KINGDOM HEARTS.

Granted I played the first because SQUARE ENIX and ACTION-RPG, but still.

Yeah, just sayin' that I haven't bought any of them for Disney.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I bought the second because KINGDOM HEARTS and the first because KINGDOM HEARTS.

Granted I played the first because SQUARE ENIX and ACTION-RPG, but still.

Yeah, just sayin' that I haven't bought any of them for Disney.

That's just you and a certain demographic of KH fans, Mirbs. There are just as many (or more) people who started playing because of Disney, or Final Fantasy.

I should probably do a bit of a demographic study...*off to make surveys*

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Oh, I'm aware of this. I was just saying me personally; didn't want to be lumped in with that vague "most" ya know? :p

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Dear god calm down militant. If I wanted to pet cuddly little animals I would play Nintendogs.

Right, because all the gameplay in KH3D only consists of petting "cuddly little animals". =\

Might be nice if KH took a turn into the more mature arena.

It has. Just not the level people may want, which will never happen because Disney is involved.

Then again, I don't want KH to turn into another FF where every protagonist, antagonist and supporting character is either emo or angsty, Squeenix can't seem to get themselves out of this trap.

You've obviously never played the majority of FF titles. Not all protagonists are like that. Only about 2-3. If you have played the majority of FF titles, then you're just being asinine.

Some middle ground might be nice between the charm that KH has and the seriousness that FF has. While KH is serious, it's not serious enough.

I don't know why you think that it doesn't have both. Part of KH's "charm" comes from Disney, intermixed with the seriousness of it's story, and music.

Again, I don't want another FF though so don't go tell me to play that, I'll probably end up playing Versus anyway because the majority of the KH team is working on it, seems like the KH has a lot of potential but are being held back by Disney.

Then quit bringing up FF as an example.

Everything has potential. Disney isn't holding anything back as much as development team is not utilizing all it's aspects properly and to their potential.

And don't give me crap about not liking "cute creature" I play pokemon all t he time and I have a pet cat (she sleeps all day).

Irrelevant.

I'm not that shallow but I can see when a company is trying to appeal to multiple age groups and ends up failing on both accounts. What 10 year old is going to care for a story as deep as KH when they can pet their furry little creatures instead? Oh, hardly any 10 year olds. Boys for that matter.

Once again, this is a completely invalid argument as KH3D's main gameplay is it's combat system -- not petting the dream eaters. Another thing is that 10 year old boys will hardly care about the story as much as the older audience.

If the game was aimed at 10 year olds all dark themes from the game would be removed and replaced with stuff you see in 4kids Pokemon. DDD is full of gimmicks to try to pull younger audiences and casual players in, it's all about the $$$. The game should be aimed at 5 year olds

I don't see how trying to bring in new audiences is a bad thing in this case. Nothing that they are doing is hindering the game's quality.

What really annoys me is how they intersperse the nonsensical crap (see: 3D and furry critters) with the stuff that makes KH a good series (story and character development), pick one and stick with it.

You're assuming that the game would be better off without those two, which is not really the case.

First, 3D may be a gimmick, but it's the 3DS' gimmick. S-E has no choice but to go along with it and try to use it on some level. It's not an inherently bad thing at all.

Second, nothing wrong with Dream Eaters at all. You're just nitpicking an aspect and trying to glorify everything else about KH as if it was that good.

As for the Disney characters, nobody plays KH because of the Disney characters and nobody buys the sequels/prequels because of the Disney characters they do it because the story is excellent and the character development is fantastic too. If by the off chance that someone does buy a game in this series because of the Disney characters, that's definitely not the reason they're going to buy the next one (unless they're a gigantic Disney fanboy/fangirl).

Yes, they do, to some extent. Most people got into the series because it had Disney on it. To remove that is to eliminate a big draw for some people. At this point, most of those people may continue buying the other games because of the story, but that doesn't make Disney any less of a relevant factor in why KH is so popular in the west.

Disney characters serve no purpose to the plot other than to offer their worlds forward to play on and have some sort of story that vaguely resembles what is in their Disney movie to keep some form of interest while you grind through the tedious Disney worlds to get to the real meat of the game (original KH worlds). Hardly anybody can seriously say that the sole reason they play KH is for the Disney characters.

Yeah, so? This is a legitimate criticism, but that doesn't mean Disney hinders the quality of KH as much as it is S-E not using it well. KH1 used Disney in a proper manner; that all the subsequent games didn't only means S-E is to blame here.

Where will KH go after all original Disney movies have run out? Re-run the same story we have already played? Create non-canon additions to Disney's stories? Should be interesting. I just feel KH could have been much better without Disney. Don't get me wrong, some of the Disney worlds are great like Olympus Coliseum and Beasts castle but crap like Dwarf Woodlands and Atlantica? Yawn.

They have a lot of stories they can use. For them to run out, you have to assume they'll keep making KH games for the next 30 years.

I just think this game is mainly aimed at a much younger demographic because it's on a Nintendo Console meant for a much more casual crowd. I hope they can get back on track with the next release, something more like BBS with it's much darker tones, that's the kind of KH I like.

Darker tones =\= better game

That's a superficial way of looking at things.

But inb4 you dismiss everything I have to say and essentially called me a "hater" (I'm not btw, KH is my favourite series and KH2 my favourite game of all time and I'll probably end up buying a 3DS just to play DDD) it just brings my piss to a boil when some people are so militant they can't stand seeing any criticism of their favourite games whether it be understandable or not.

No, people just can't stand seeing stupid, invalid criticisms over anything. Regardless of whether they like it or not.

Yeah, I'm a pessimist but better to be a pessimist and be impressed when something isn't how you expect it than being an optimist and being disappointed when it's not. I just think 3D is going to be garbage like Coded was (aside from the story elements, I'll be watching the KH wiki like a hawk) but hopefully I'm wrong.

That's not how being optimistic works. Truly optimistic people aren't disappointed in that way. Even if the game doesn't meet their expectations, they'll relish all the good aspects and be happy over that.

TL;DR: KH would be a better series if it left the fluffy immature shit at the door, dumped Disney and stopped trying to appeal to multiple different age groups by trying to incorporate a little bit of everything. I hope DDD is good but I have serious doubts (aside from the story). Thanks for reading, try not to get too mad over someone else's opinion.

See, your assumption here is that the original aspects of KH are so good that the games could stand on their own with just that. They're not.

None of your "criticisms" are valid arguments against DDD. It's just you shallowly nitpicking aspects that you dislike for superficial reasons.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

a little tip, tyestor: if you don't want someone to discredit everything you say, then you shouldn't be on the internet. no matter how much you ask, someone will end up doing just that, especially if your complaints are invalid or easy to discredit, as these ones are.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net

Lol, should have known not to post any criticisms of KH on this forum. Thanks for the well thought out post Wastewander, can't say much for those that had to resort to petty insults and condescending attitudes. I'd retort but I don't have the time or patience to argue for the rest of eternity, I'd like to sleep. I'm done.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Lol, should have known not to post any criticisms of KH on this forum.
You can post criticisms. You just need to be prepared for backlash. It's to be expected on any forum really.

Can't say much for those that had to resort to petty insults and condescending attitudes.
Lol, I only said you were being childish, which you were.
KH has become more mature, maybe not as much as you want, but it has. I'm sorry you don't like the Dream Eaters, but it's clever, and adds something that hasn't been done in this series before. People were sick of everything in KH being rehashed, S-E added things in to keep it fresh. New worlds, new battle system, new companions.
It's a shame you don't see the positives to this. Most of us are looking forward to the Dream Eaters we can play with and the many hours we can spend content with the minigames.

Using Final Fantasy as a basis for KH to become more mature is futile. If you want a Final Fantasy like game, go play an actual Final Fantasy game.
Kingdom Hearts is a cross between Disney and Square Enix. Disney is never going away. There will never be a mature story on the lines of, say FFVII or Versus. If you don't like the Dream Eaters or Disney aspect but love the other games, replay those games and stay in the "KH Discussion" thread and stay out of the "Future" section.

Lars

Pff.. all the latest trailers are just a shorter Jump Festa trailer

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Pff.. all the latest trailers are just a shorter Jump Festa trailer
The Valentines Day trailer was a minute longer than the JF trailer.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Wait, Kingdom Hearts is a video game series?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I thought it was one large PSA about not murdering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back