• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nine Inch Nails calling it quits? :C

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
A note from Trent and a wave goodbye said:
]Towards the beginning of my career in Nine Inch Nails, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with Jane's Addiction. These performances essentially created and defined the term "alternative" rock in the US, created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for Nirvana to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really fucking FUN to play and attend - truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the "next level" (whatever that means), but caused Jane's to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original Jane's lineup play a tiny show in LA that was unbelievable. I break out my Jane's records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.
Emails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's "Lights in the Sky" tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year - much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to Jane's to see if they'd want to join us across the US and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Is there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope.
Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.
Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there.

Trent

Source: nin.com [the official nine inch nails website]

;-;

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Watch you will see a new record from them in 2010 or 2011. They are doing what I seen other bands do. THey just need time away from it all i guess. They will be back I bet.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Watch you will see a new record from them in 2010 or 2011. They are doing what I seen other bands do. THey just need time away from it all i guess. They will be back I bet.

Yeah, Trent likes making music too much to stay away too long. I think he might be serious about the touring though. The man's in his 40s, he can't keep going at the rate he's been going for the last 20 years.

Dogenzaka said:

This isn't the Coldplay is Breaking Up thread. Get outta here :V

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
He didn't say they are gone for good. he just said he's not doing anything right now. I'm pretty sure that's hiatus. But it still sucks, seeing as trent is such a good artist and a true believe in music.... and he never sold out. I hope that it is a hiatus and not a full blown kill-yourself trent's out of music for good farewell tour thing.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
why the hell did you juxtapose radiohead with nin in your signature, cameron?

what is wrong with you

His priest told them they were bad.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered. Their 00's stuff is sort of "hm". I mean, I used to like Year Zero a lot, but now I don't really listen to it. Though The Downward Spiral and Broken are pretty great when you're angsty and teenaged, but as of late I kind of prefer the more rational and reflective stuff when I feel like shit.

I hope maybe they go back to making albums every four/five years or something, but REALLY good albums.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
why the hell did you juxtapose radiohead with nin in your signature, cameron?

didn't lol. pic is from The Day the World Went Away.
unless you mean the font in the 'my whole existence is flawed' part. that just looked cool lol

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
...Well, that fucking sucks. I'm going to go listen to The Fragile now. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back