• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► Nike releasing Nike Air Mag AKA "Marty McFly's"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soxas

Idk if any of you know this but recently Nike and eBay have parterned up to hold an auction to help the Michael J. Fox Foundation in an effort to raise money for research for Parkinson's.Here they are right here:
nike-mag-2011-available-on-ebay-1.jpg

These are the real deal they light up and the laces do adjust themselves according to how you want them to fit AKA "Power-laces"(I believe there's buttons on the side of the shoe to adjust) and the battery that charges it all lasts 3,000 hours and,yes,it is rechargable.Apparently they will be selling 150 pairs each day for 10 days for a total of only 1500 pairs being released which means everyone only has until September 8th to get a pair.Highest bid so far for a pair is over $72,000 so you can tell people have been waiting in anticipation for these.It's been almost three decades since Nike basically promised people they would come out.Any thoughts about this?

Last edited:

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I read about this in the morning and its pretty beast for how their helping people and the shoes. I wish I could buy a pair.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I just want to see how they work, but I'm not buying them or anything.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yes, many many times. Haven't seen it in like a year though.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Saw this when Michael J Fox announced it on David Letterman. Too bad it'll cost you at least $5000 to get a pair. =/

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
i could pay so many bills with that, who would pay 5000 dollars for shoes -.-

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I was seriously considering buying a pair, but I don't have $77,000 laying around :/.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is helping out...but those shoes are just too bonking expensive. And they aren't even all that fly. In the movie they are boss but unless I'm going to cosplay Marty McFly they would serve no purpose to me.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
saw this on the news this evening, my mom laughed so hard at this. I think its stupid are people that lazy to tie there own shoes?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Er, I don't think it is for people who don't want to tie their shoes. It is for Back to the Future enthusiasts and Parkinson's Disease research.

$5000 starting is just too steep for a hobby but definitely perfect to get something out of donating to a charity.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Well hey,as cool as this is but if you want to help research then how about DONATING rather then selling something that would not cater to the masses.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Auction for charity = donation. :|

Nike probably isn't getting a big percentage of the proceeds and they probably donated their own amount of money to the charity. Especially if they are sponsoring the auction with their own shoes. :/

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
It is 'kind of' like donation.But what i meant that it's not straight from Nike's pockets,it's based on the revenue received from the product.Adding to that,as you said Nike probably gets a percentage(even if small) so we're not talking about a full give away,and if the product fails or sell's moderately then it wouldn't have helped the research as much as it would've had if it was a Donation.

Soxas

Oh well it has a system in it that automatically adjusts the laces and it lights up on the outsole,the heel,and the strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back