• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NieR Automata | Xbox One on June 26th, 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: NieR

Well I finally found 1 of 3, after five diddlying hours. This is just mind numbingly stupid, who in their right mind thought of the percentage of the drop rates? That's such a stupid way to artificially inflate the length of a game.

Everything else has been lovely mind you, I've had a blast with this game. The characters are fantastic, this is literally the only downside

^From what I've seen on my third playthrough, it's virtually the same as the second. I believe only the endings are the only difference. Don't quote me on that though

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

When you're through, please read Grimoire Nier. If only D3 were as captivating.

I was thinking of getting Drakengard 3 after this, since I saw it was a prequel and I've never played the other two games, is it worth it?

I'll definitely read this though after I get the platinum

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I was thinking of getting Drakengard 3 after this, since I saw it was a prequel and I've never played the other two games, is it worth it?

I'll definitely read this though after I get the platinum

It is worth it only if you want to see what insanity Yoko Taro thought up for the story. The gameplay is really bad to the point that it almost feels intentional xD

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

It is worth it only if you want to see what insanity Yoko Taro thought up for the story. The gameplay is really bad to the point that it almost feels intentional xD

I saw there's some weird Music ending that's stupidly hard to beat since there's no roadmap, and that the frame rate tears like it's its job. Maybe one day.

Back to Nier though, would it be more productive to go through and beat the game again to get Ending C, then replay through part two again finishing up the weapon upgrade farming as I go then get Ending D after I get every upgrade? I got the eagle egg already which is the only missable one and I'm sitting here at endgame just farming my life away with no success. I don't want to be stuck on this game forever, missing out on the true ending

Happyfunshineman

Awards

I just also wanted to add my 2 cents on Nier and Drakengard. The original Drakengard is a prequel to Nier but only in its E ending. There's also a huge gap of time between that ending and Nier so you would have to spend a lot of time on the Drakengard Wiki trying to figure everything out.

Drakengard 3 exists in its own timeline. It doesn't lead into the original Drakengard and thus does not connect to Nier.

Drakengard 2 also has its own timeline.

So yeah, Drakengard as a whole is really messed up. I've spent hours on the Drakengard wiki trying to figure everything out. If you fallow the Drakengard/Nier timeline, shit gets really bananas.

My suggestion would be to only play Nier. Its the only one I found to be fun.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

I saw there's some weird Music ending that's stupidly hard to beat since there's no roadmap, and that the frame rate tears like it's its job. Maybe one day.

Back to Nier though, would it be more productive to go through and beat the game again to get Ending C, then replay through part two again finishing up the weapon upgrade farming as I go then get Ending D after I get every upgrade? I got the eagle egg already which is the only missable one and I'm sitting here at endgame just farming my life away with no success. I don't want to be stuck on this game forever, missing out on the true ending

It won't make much of a difference if you decide to try and get some of the materials while going through the story. Basically you'd end up right back to the same spot of farming for hours. If you're going to put in the time anyway, might as well do it now.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

It won't make much of a difference if you decide to try and get some of the materials while going through the story. Basically you'd end up right back to the same spot of farming for hours. If you're going to put in the time anyway, might as well do it now.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I found a roadmap for farming that gathers materials in a more fluid way for each location. I'm gonna quit going for these stupid bracelets right now and just follow that instead.

I think this is a really thought out guide: Item Farming Guide - XboxAchievements.com
Both the two achievement/trophy sites always have really good guides

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

New NieR game announced! Developed by Platinum Games. PS4 exclusive!

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

HOLY SHIT

PLATINUM GAMES

CHARACTER DESIGNER AKIHIKO YOSHIDA

GOOD FJUCKING LORD

I WILL BUY ALL THE COPIES

DAY -1

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

FJUCKING FJUCK

You said it man! I'm so hype!!

So glad I picked it up and am almost done with it!

[video=youtube;GH26BfSo7co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH26BfSo7co[/video]

Hold onto your butts

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

This and Shenmue 3 were probably the biggest surprises of E3 this year! Yeah, FF7, sure, that's been needing to happen anyway, BUT WHO WOULD HAVE FREAKING EXPECTED THIS AMAZING NONSENSE?!?!

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Currently have about 30 metal piercings, one subdued bracelet. from TWELVE diddlyING HOURS

This game is seriously testing my patience

edit: nevermind, about a third of the materials left to gather :D

I now have another mortal enemy, the deadly broken wristwatch

edit 2: Well I managed to get everything upgraded and backed it up. Man they really hit it over your head that they're seriously deleting your data. The game must've asked at least four times if I was sure haha

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I hope they put out NieR RepliCant for the PS4 in glorious 1080p60 and with dual audio to get people into hype mode. I know many people are fed up with remasters, but this one would make sense.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I hope they put out NieR RepliCant for the PS4 in glorious 1080p60 and with dual audio to get people into hype mode. I know many people are fed up with remasters, but this one would make sense.

They could include a copy of it with the sequel, a la Bayonetta 2 or what Fallout 4 is doing

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

That would be great. I'm not really a big fan of the Gestalt version of the game. To echo a comment I once read; I'd rather play as Raiden than Old Snake :p

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

12 Things We Learned About the New Nier - IGN

Post all the info

-There are three main protagonists in the game: the girl in the trailer (who is a completely new character), a young boy, and a character not yet revealed.

-The story takes place in the same world, but most locations are new. Even if areas from the original Nier appear in the game, they will be completely redesigned.

-The theme of the game is "agaku," a Japanese word that means to struggle/desperately fight your way out of a situation. (According to the translator.)

-The story is completely new, and has very little connection to the original Nier.

-Characters from the previous game may make a brief cameo, but will not be a part of the main story.

-The development team is toying with the idea of allowing players to experience multiple playthroughs using each of the main characters.

-The reason Platinum Games was chosen to develop the game was because of the developer's ability to do fast-paced combat.

-The three protagonists may travel together at times, but not always. (This is still being decided.)

-The reason the game is on the PS4 is because of the platform's high specs.

-One of Platinum Games' goals is to have the game run at 60 FPS.

-The early version of the battle system's is described as very "Nier-like."

-There will be more towns and cities in the game, which will have a dilapidated look and feel to them.

Back