• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Screens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Aren't KH1 and Re:CODED Sora identical? :|

They're not the same models. Re:CODED Sora's hair is more spikier and a lighter color while KH1's Sora model has darker hair and less spikes. Plus his eyes are more spread apart and skinnier like his KH2 model is. It's a screenshot from KH1.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This is the original Sora model:
sb26ok.jpg

This is the model they've been using for a while, Re:Com Sora, Second/Data Sora, and KH 3D Sora all seem to use this model:
2lc1pqo.jpg

Awards
Does no one remember the whole hoopla over the change in Re:CoM? The differences aren't that big but they're still very noticeable. I seem to recall much jesting over how much longer Sora's eyelashes became.

The Cerberus one is from KH1, there's no way we are going to fight a 3D cerberus on a DS. A 3DS is a different story. Also, I think the Sora Kairi Riku screen is also from KH1, I don't believe that D Sora is going to really experience ALL of Sora's memories.

EDIT: About KH1 vs Re:CoM+ Sora's model, I think they are all identical, except the later models are just shaded lighter than KH1's, and Sora is a bit more brown than he was before. That's what I observed, anyway. (Side note: Re:CoM Sora's eyes were redone to fit with KH2 Sora's voice :D)

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Does no one remember the whole hoopla over the change in Re:CoM? The differences aren't that big but they're still very noticeable. I seem to recall much jesting over how much longer Sora's eyelashes became.

I was in-active in the forum during Re:COM's development. Heck, I didn't even realize it came to America until I went to gamestop to spend christmas money and happened to have seen it there for 25 bucks.

Awards
EDIT: About KH1 vs Re:CoM+ Sora's model, I think they are all identical, except the later models are just shaded lighter than KH1's, and Sora is a bit more brown than he was before. That's what I observed, anyway. (Side note: Re:CoM Sora's eyes were redone to fit with KH2 Sora's voice :D)

They're really not, they're about as different as KH2FM Roxas is compared to KH2 Roxas (since they went back and touched up/changed some of his features).

Compared to KH1 Sora, the newly redesigned Sora has got a fuller, more rounded face. His lips are less plump and are more rounded at the ends.
As you pointed out, his eyes are more like KH2 Sora's eyes, complete with thicker, longer eyebrows.

And then his hair has more spikes, lighter, and has more streaks/detail.

You won't notice it in those renders, but in cutscenes they touched up his suit as well. They made it less pixely (so designs like his gloves look better) and other minor adjustments, like making his sleeves seem more rounded than pointed.

I know... but I'm American so I still find it odd that I didn't find out about the game until seeing it in stores.

That probably has to do with the fact that it really had no advertising campaign.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The first screen looks like sprites on a prerendered background, like the original Coded, except maybe higher quality.

I thought they were remaking with Days' engine? Is that only for the gameplay bits?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
The first screen looks like sprites on a prerendered background, like the original Coded, except maybe higher quality.

I thought they were remaking with Days' engine? Is that only for the gameplay bits?

The first screen was from the original Coded. I guess they were referencing that was the game from before and this is the game now.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I think the first screen is from CODED. I remember - having written most of the episode content for CODED for the site - that there were low quality sprites like in Chain of Memories. And now it's apparent the Japanese site is hosting KH1 images for comparison, it seems logical they're using the first image as a comparison to the new game, too, saying "look at how much BETTER the Nintendo DS version will be!"

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
the cerberus screen literally punched me in the kidneys
exciting

popcornlion

I really don't want to complain about the Cerberus scans.
They look beautiful, I wish it had this style the WHOLE game.
My concern is when it comes out

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I really wish the kingdom hearts series would stop with these spinoffs and focus on KH3. Although these pictures( especially the gameplay one with Cerberus) look amazing for being on the DS

Re:Coded/CODED is not a spin-off. It has heavy ties to KH3.

nubstyle

Actually, I think the Cerberus one IS from KH1...
Just look at the HP and MP bar, it's not the re:coded one, it's the KH1 one.

The KH 1 was a bar with some pink stuff in it. Maybe he's making it different because Mobile Phones couldnt do that. It'll probably be the same controls and Days

siegleeagle

The KH 1 was a bar with some pink stuff in it. Maybe he's making it different because Mobile Phones couldnt do that. It'll probably be the same controls and Days

No, the battle system for recoded includes things from bbs (deck commands), days (panels), and coded (different things for worlds). plus they havent used the old blue/red design since the first one unless you change it in the menu or go to an awakening level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back