• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New interview touches on Days development.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Source : Creator's Voice

This interview ( after I briefly read through it ) is mainly about the current status of Kingdom Hearts and mainly development of Days, but also delves into the creation of the series itself. The reason why it's being posted here is because of it's relation to an upcoming Kingdom Hearts title.

Nomura tells us, as we've heard before I believe, that working on The World Ends With You gave him a lot of experience and inspiration for developing for the handheld. That by developing a new type of action-RPG for the DS, that it laid the foundation for making what they view to be a faithful iteration of the action type gaming Kingdom Hearts titles have had in the past.

Nomura goes on to tell us that his first ideas about making a 3D action-RPG started with his involvement on the original Final Fantasy VII project. At around the same time, Super Mario 64 was released for the Nintendo 64, and Nomura was impressed and wanted to recreate a similar feeling with a Final Fantasy or RPG type setting with 3D exploration and an emphasis on platforming. However, until Kingdom Hearts was greenlit those ideas had yet to be realized.

This, he claims was an early and rudimentary notion of what he wanted for a Final Fantasy game. Of course, by his own volition, it was realized in a seperate series.

In further reading, Nomura explains that the difference between a Final Fantasy-type game and a Kingdom Hearts-type game's story is that with each iteration of Final Fantasy it is a new world and new story, where as Kingdom Hearts continues in the same universe. He also goes on to say that the heart is one of the most centrifugal themes in the series, with Sora's plight and the Organization's motives. With Days' development, even if the main character is not Sora, Nomura says they wanted to make it accessible for those starting a KH game with Roxas. He also says that with Kingdom Hearts, a challenge was to get the Disney characters to relate and interact approprately with the original characters of the series ( probably referring to the Organization as well ).

Nomura says that Days' full title "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days" has been enigmatic for many fans, and he says that there is a reason or a specific code for this title that will be discovered in the game.

The interview then goes on to explain the Days battle system, most of which we've already seen from trailers. That, and showing off the Days model DS.

It ends on a note from Nomura to the fans of Kingdom Hearts that Days has a considerable amount of story, and that he would like you to play through it as much as you desire but to have fun with all the missions.

Last edited:

The Golden Sitar

Thanks for posting. That was an interesting read.

Sounds like the mission system will be fun... I've always enjoyed the mission system in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, so I'm glad to see another game with a similar system to lengthen the experience.

And I'm awfully curious about this "code," in the title. <____>

A

Azrael

Interesting...the mission system in Days is similiar to that of Crisis Core...looking forward to see the game be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back