• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New hope for BBSFM US release? PSP games getting remastered for PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Last edited by a moderator:

KHFan87

I was just wondering the same thing when I read it on IGN. It said "Other Blockbuster PSP titles only" but I'm 99.99% certain that means BBS. I've also heard for a long time about a "Kingdom Hearts Collection" supposedly in the works for the 10th anniversary next year. I do think that with a hopeful KH3 announcement sometime this year that it's time they send the FM's internationally.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
If they announced that at E3, I would fall for KH all over again.

Yessir_23

Awards
I doubt FM will be released, but I think there's a definite chance that the original comes to PS3 with updated visuals and controls (and vibration). Good news for me, as I never played the PSP version.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I can definitely see a BBS release. I just saw a video of Monster hunter portable 3rd on the ps3, compared to the PSP version, it looked much better, and BBS looks really good as it is.

one can only hope.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If they do actually make it, I hope that the teams have nothing else to do so they can actually add more things into it to make it worthy of a PS3. The game is great as it is, but it's a bit short and they can add all the things they cut during production that might make the story flow better.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
If they do actually make it, I hope that the teams have nothing else to do so they can actually add more things into it to make it worthy of a PS3. The game is great as it is, but it's a bit short and they can add all the things they cut during production that might make the story flow better.
Like more NPCs and things to do in each Disney world?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like more NPCs and things to do in each Disney world?
Well, there's that, but I'm sure they had to cut content out of the game to make it all fit. More mirage arena events like maybe some of the minigames from the past games, different keyblades for the worlds instead of them all having the same ones, maybe finish and add in the Jungle Book world they had planned.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Well, there's that, but I'm sure they had to cut content out of the game to make it all fit.
no argument there. I'm sure they did have to cut some stuff.

More mirage arena events like maybe some of the minigames from the past games,
ehh, perhaps, if we're lucky, I doubt we would get that spoiled though :/.

different keyblades for the worlds instead of them all having the same ones,
It's possible..

maybe finish and add in the Jungle Book world they had planned.
lol nope. Not going to happen.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
no argument there. I'm sure they did have to cut some stuff.
If you look at past trailers from events, you can see they changed the plot. Terra was seen to be actually evil.

ehh, perhaps, if we're lucky, I doubt we would get that spoiled though :/.
I agree with that but it was just a suggestion. I see it as something more for Kingdom Hearts 3.

It's possible..
It was annoying knowing what Keyblades they were going to get since they got the same ones with the difference of one or two. Changing it so they get different ones would be great(Only Ven was involved with the Diamond Mine in Dwarf Woodland. Made no sense for them all to get a keyblade that represented that area. Plus, a Keyblade for Aqua that is Dragon Maleficent would be epic.)

lol nope. Not going to happen.
Why not? They had plans for it. They have some areas constructed.

k99y77

Awards
I was just wondering the same thing when I read it on IGN. It said "Other Blockbuster PSP titles only" but I'm 99.99% certain that means BBS. I've also heard for a long time about a "Kingdom Hearts Collection" supposedly in the works for the 10th anniversary next year. I do think that with a hopeful KH3 announcement sometime this year that it's time they send the FM's internationally.
yes a KH collection would a good treat for 10th anniversary but i don't think KH3 will be announced this year.

MDK

As much as I'd like it to happen, and as much sense as it makes to localise the Final Mix editions for a KH collection, experience tells me it isn't going to happen. Square-Enix wouldn't even release the already-localised Re: CoM in the EU, which would have been relatively effortless, so I'm not too hopeful about them putting extra legwork in to localise the Final Mixes.

Then again, this is one of those things that I wouldn't mind being wrong about.

Last edited:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
They did recently trademark "Square-Enix Masterpieces" in Europe.

We'll see what that turns into, but I'm optimistc for PS2 HD collections or PSP/PS3 remastering.

We may likely find out at E3.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
First we have confirmation of KH3D being at E3, some evidence that BBSv2 might show up, and now a chance that there might be an HD remake of BBS.

This is gonna be a good E3.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Why not? They had plans for it. They have some areas constructed.

Because they probably already have it planned to use Jungle Book for KH3D now. Remember that worlds cut from past games are on the top of the list for worlds to be included in KH3D according to Nomura.

Besides when they remade Chain of Memories, they didn't add Deep Jungle or End of the World even though they were cut from GBA Chain of Memories.

MDK

Besides when they remade Chain of Memories, they didn't add Deep Jungle or End of the World even though they were cut from GBA Chain of Memories.

Disney and Square-Enix do not own the rights to Tarzan - those belong to the foundation of the deceased author and creator, Edgar Rice Boroughs. Disney obtained a license from them to make animated films and TV shows, and that extended to Kingdom Hearts as well.

However, the license expired before Chain of Memories was finished, and the Deep Jungle stage they had planned had to be scrapped. Unless Disney renews their license to Tarzan - and they won't - Tarzan and Deep Jungle will never be seen in Kingdom Hearts ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back