• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Naoki Urasawa's Monster TV Adaptation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
not too sure how i feel about this. im a huge fan of the anime, but im not sure if it can translate well to live action. i guess we will just have to wait and see

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
not too sure how i feel about this. im a huge fan of the anime, but im not sure if it can translate well to live action. i guess we will just have to wait and see

I wholeheartedly, 100%, disagree with you here. I've read the manga AND watched the anime, and I think that Monster is one of a handful of series' that can do well in live-action format. The plain fact is that the series itself isn't like most anime that have a major fantasy aspect and/or supernatural aspect to it. The fact that Guillermo Del Toro is working on it makes it even better. The dude is like the master of dark fantasy-ish horror thrillers. Also, since it's going to be set on HBO, I think we can expect a masterpiece, but we'll see how closely it follows the original books, but it's safe to say that I'm so hyped for this.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Why would it not translate well to live action? If they get a good number of episodes for it, I shouldn't see why not.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
A western adaptation of manga that's not automatically dead on arrival?

The hell kinda world is this turning into??????

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
If there's any manga series that translates well to live action, it's this one. It's just a regular world story, no special things about it. And I love Del Toro (would watch regardless of him though, this is one of my fave series)

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm cautiously optimistic about this. From as far as I got into Monster, it was really good(and I should really finish it), and it definitely could work live action.

adrian brody for tenma anybody?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm cautiously optimistic about this. From as far as I got into Monster, it was really good(and I should really finish it), and it definitely could work live action.

adrian brody for tenma anybody?

how can adrian brody play tenma? tenma is japanese

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Goes to show how long it's been since I've watched the show. Whoopsie.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Not being a huge anime/manga fan like everyone here, I don't really have the experience to judge, but I'm a fan of Del toro so I'm gonna keep an eye on this.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Del Toro: HBO Monster Show Would Follow Manga Closely - News - Anime News Network

The director said that the planned series will follow Naoki Urasawa's original manga very closely. Urasawa would only give permission for the adaptation if he could review an outline of each episode of the first season. The series would cover the 18-volume manga's story only, with no extra content to increase episode count.

Del Toro and Steven Thompson (Dr. Who, Sherlock) wrote the pilot that del Toro will direct if the project moves forward.

Holy shit, this keeps looking better and better.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i mean if there's one manga that can probably translate pretty well to a western audience, it's monster. especially if it's on hbo. i'm cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back