• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

N3DS Conference KH3D Analysis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hello, fellow fans of all things Kingdom Hearts! In a completely unexpected turnabout of events, a short clip of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance gameplay was shown at the end of the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy trailer and gameplay exhibition.

Gameplay starts off with Sora, surrounded by a blinding white light, riding on railing and ricocheting off walls, as we’ve seen in the previous trailer. The transition feels quite seamless, but the rapid changes between locations, along with more cramped areas of the maps can’t help but instill wonder regarding the camera as cameras in handheld Kingdom Hearts titles have been criticized often in the past due to poor control. Another point to note is the lacking presence of the Drop gauge that we’ve seen from previous screenshots. Although the footage is blurred, there does appear to be a pink gauge beneath the two portraits of the party members.

After close examination, it seems that we can verify Donald and Goofy as the two party members aiding Sora in battle in what appears to be an area of Traverse Town. Sounds familiar, no? And yet, it looks nothing like what we’ve seen so far. From that we can assume that they’ve fleshed out the world outside of the three districts and Merlin’s old refuge. Only a single type of enemy can be seen, and it appears a Heartless resembling that of a Trick Ghost.

Of course, this is but a select few of what was shown. I'm sure you all have much more to contribute!

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
'An expanded area of Traverse Town.' I never thought of that being a possibility -facepalms- That could explain the unfamiliarity.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
TSAVS.jpg

Different party on each screen?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
That first note there is questioning that image as Riku... It could be a D-Linkesque type module, then?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
TSAVS.jpg

Different party on each screen?

I feel like a dumbass trying to see over the glare by adjusting my angle. But it does look like there are HP bars there from that blurry picture. Hmmmm. Two sets of party members. If that were true, maybe you can switch between certain members that way. They said there were completely new companions with Sora in another interview right? Maybe the bottom screen allows you to switch out the new two for Donald and Goofy? I'm just spitting out ideas though.

Blobbit

Awards
What if the top screen had sora, and the bottom screen had riku? It would be very TWEWYesque but would probably make for some pretty interesting gameplay. Probably not what it actually is, but just a thought

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ugh this is feeling more TWEWY every second and I don't know why!

303786_2208181496172_1596489364_2181706_452929866_n.jpg

Sora's clothes are black an red. Black and red in the front of his pants and red in the back with maybe black hem...White design on his back.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Perhaps the bottom party member's are Riku's and when gameplay suddenly shifts as Nomura was sayin, those party members will come to the top, and the top will go to the bottom.

Btw the world that sorry kinda grinds into at the end looks like Twilight Town, it reminded me of the place where you do the minigame where you gotta keep the ball in the air.

Also i still fail to see how the party members resemble Donald and Goofy, it's not exactly clear..
If it was Donald and Goofy we'd distinctly be able to see it like Sora's, because his icon is the same as the kh1 one, i don't see why they would change Donald and Goofy's, so if it was them we should be able to recognise them immediately.

Last edited:

Lindaxe

don't they usually change the controls for the overseas copies?
No idea. I just hope this doesn't end up becoming a "mash triangle to pwn boss" situation again. even though it looked really cool.

It'd work if all they did was make it so you can't just mash the button, you have to actually time your wall jumps. something to make it so that it's not stupidly easy. y'know? I think that would also have made KH2 a little harder; if they'd made the triangle presses timed.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH hasn't been "mash triangle" since KH2. Re:CoM made it harder to do reaction commands and in BBS I don't even bother.

SE knows how to play the hype game, ya'll.

If it has a TWEWY thing going on, I wonder if autoplay is engaged with the bottom screen...

Relix

A traveler
Awards
There were reaction commands in BBS? lol I don't even know. To busy havin my ass get pwned by MF

So, if those really are party members down there I wonder how this'll work

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
You can bring party members from different worlds... One can wish, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back