• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MX Homeland/ Yensid

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Re: MX Homeland

ehh....i thought it was kind of stupid to do that....now seems like destiny islands is keyblade apprentice recrituitement hotspot

Not really. Terra, Aqua, Ven, and Eraqus weren't from there. Neither was Yen Sid.

I think it was cool to make Yen Sid a retired master, AND to heavily hint that he was Eraqus's and Xehanort's old master.

And making Xehanort so similar to Riku in his youth makes him a bit more of an antihero than a villain. But ultimately he was just a huge bad guy.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Seems like everyone is coming from Destiny Islands. (Not to be token seriously)

But like Ven is from Destiny Islands, Riku, Sora, Kairi is actually form Radiant Guardians but she falls under the catagory, and now MX....

Its tiresome i must say

Who says Ven's from the islands? His origins were never revealed.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Uh, I think Nomura was more trying to show the connections/similarities between MX and Riku. Not MX and Sora.

Perhaps but either way Sora and MX still have many similarities:

1. Both Came from Destiny Islands
2. Both merged with another's heart
3. Both willingly became heartless
4. Both guy's heartless kept their sense of self
5. Both of their nobodies eventualy became whole again (Roxas returned to Sora and Xemas and XH reunited after Xemnas' defeat in KH2)
6.It seems both of their hearts can affect people connected them (MX affecting Braig with the pointed ears and Sora effecting Roxas, Xion, Axel, Ven, and Vanitas)

Now there is also some contrast between these similarities that is common between a hero and a villian:

2. Sora willingly let Ven merge with his heart and sleep with in it. MX forcibly merged with Terra's heart. Also Sora did it to help Ven, MX did it for his own selfish reasons
3. Sora willingly became a heartless to save Kairi, MX as Xehanort did it to became more powerfull with the darkness.
4. Sora had little darkness in his heart, so he made a shadow. Xehanort had tons of darkness in his heart so he became the cloaked figure in KH1 as a heartless.
5. I kinda stated it above
6. MX's heart affects people in a negative way, Sora's heart usualy affects people in a positive way.

So these are interesting points to make about these two.

Z

Zulkir

Omgosh i was reading Mx report number 10 and hes from destiny islands o_O, what are your thoughts on this???

oh just beat ven's story going on to terras

----edited-----
Omg now i find out Yensid used to be a keyblade master as well o_O!! dang suprises at every turn

The very beginning of the game reveals that he's from DI.....even more so in the U.S version.

But yeah, he was just like riku, he saw the world as a prison.

Interesting eh? Ansem SoD says in KH1 "this boy sought to escape from this prison, he sought a way into other worlds, and his heart fell into darkness". He was referring to Riku, but unintentionally referring to his old self as well.

Absolute

I'd like to see how they deal story-wise with the fact that Yen Sid, Mickey, Donald, Goofy never mention anything about the old keybladers to Sora in KHII or Yen Sid not telling Sora anything about Master Xehanort. I know, I know, the developers probably didn't have BBS's story when they were making KHII so that's why its not mentioned, but I wonder if they will address it in game.

Original Sin

I'd like to see how they deal story-wise with the fact that Yen Sid, Mickey, Donald, Goofy never mention anything about the old keybladers to Sora in KHII or Yen Sid not telling Sora anything about Master Xehanort. I know, I know, the developers probably didn't have BBS's story when they were making KHII so that's why its not mentioned, but I wonder if they will address it in game.
There were other things to worry about at that point in time, which is why Mickey or Yen Sid didn't bother Sora with it.

He dealt with Organization XIII's threat first, they gave him a little time off, and then explained the situation to him and let him decide if he wanted to help.

...or maybe you're right and the developers had no clue what was going on, but judging from the Secret Ending's, they had a direction.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I want to see Yen Sid in a future game summon Star Seeker and show how epic he is during a major Heartless battle.

Anyways. That was slightly off topic.

MX being from DI isn't shocking. It just gives clarity on why A:SoD connected so well to Riku's wish of seeing new worlds. They both thought their world was too small and was like a prison.

Of course Riku realizes that small is better than the vast Darkness of the universe. While MX still finds the universe still so small and wants more of it than he can ever have.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I honestly loved that MX's homeland was Destiny Islands. I thought that was a really good twist.

Uh, I think Nomura was more trying to show the connections/similarities between MX and Riku. Not MX and Sora.

I dunno, I think it's both. To be honest, Xehanort has more similarities to Sora than he does Riku:

*Both were born in Destiny Islands
*Both wielded the keyblade
*Both had a desire to see other worlds
*Both turned into a Heartless and got a nobody
*Both stabbed themselves in the heart with a keyblade
*Both of them have various versions of themselves:
-Xehanort = MX, Terra, Apprentice Xehanort, Xehanort's Heartless
-Sora = Sora, Roxas, Ventus, Xion, Vanitas

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I seriously believe Nomura was only thinking of pointing out connections between MX and Riku... Hence, you know, why Riku refers to MX in the game, he is chosen by Terra, and Terra has that messed up clairvoyant moment with him. I don't think MX/Sora similarities was even a real thought for him, as it was clear this was all in purpose of showing the connection between Riku and MX/Terra.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I seriously believe Nomura was only thinking of pointing out connections between MX and Riku... Hence, you know, why Riku refers to MX in the game, he is chosen by Terra, and Terra has that messed up clairvoyant moment with him. I don't think MX/Sora similarities was even a real thought for him, as it was clear this was all in purpose of showing the connection between Riku and MX/Terra.

True but you can't really deny that there are a LOT of similarities between Xehanort and Sora.

CGNET

I actually figured that Xehanort was from Destiny Islands after the intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back