• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey using Star Seeker?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

star_seeker24

Okay, okay, i know this may have been said before, and I'm sorry if it has, but in the end of the KH2:FM BBS video thingy (when Ven, Aqua and Terra fight MX and DS.) Mickey has the Star Seeker.

Now don't you find this a bit odd? Because we know keychains are made from memories, right? Because Oathkeeper is Sora's memories of Kairi, Oblivion is Sora's memories of Riku blah blah blah. Then if Mickey got the Star Seeker, he must have had memories of Sid's Tower thningy, where we know he trained.

So if Mickey has got the Star Seeker keychain, which represents his memories of his training, then how come Sora gets the exact same keychain 11 years later? Because for them to have the exact same keychain and keyblade, wouldn't that mean they would have had the same memories of the place, which we know we didn't.

And also, at the time, what Keyblade did Mickey have? Because we know that Mickey recieved the Kingdom Key of the Dark Realm when he went to the Dark Realm near the begining of KH, so does he have the Kingdom Key of the Light Realm?

Your thoughts please.

A

Audo

Truth be told, it has never explicitly been said how keychains are formed.

Nomura wanted to show that that keychain has been handed down from Yen Sid to Mickey and then to Sora.

Mickey had two Keyblade. The Star Seeker was a light realm keyblade that he had during BBS, and continued to have until he got the Dark Realm Keyblade near the end of KH1. He still had the light realm Keyblade, but he was using the Dark Realm one from there on out, and at some point he gave the light realm keychain back to Yen Sid.

Attemisc

What Audo said.

I'm not very fond of the idea that keychains are made from memories. But if they are, I don't think they'd have to be made from the memories of the current holder. That's just silly. The Star Seeker keychain could simply be Yen Sid's memories.

But yeah, I just personally don't think keychains are made from memories since Kairi made the Oathkeeper's keychain herself from shells she found on the island.

Aria

braver by the minute
Yeah i dont think its been confirmed how keychains are formed. And Sora did a quick training thing with Yen Sid by reading those books and the clothes and stuff...

AzzurroRainrebor

Perhaps... the creation of Keychains will be further explained in BbS. I mean, the "3" were initially (as we see them in the vids), keychain-less. Master Xehanort, however, had a keychain. Hmm...I wonder where his came from...

Anyway, the other weapons obtained by the "3" in BbS will probably have keychains, or, as the game progresses, gain keychains (theoretically speaking). Heck, I could go so far as to say that the story could, to a great extent, revolve around the creation of keychains but I "fear the flames". lol

rascus213

Anyway, the other weapons obtained by the "3" in BbS will probably have keychains, or, as the game progresses, gain keychains (theoretically speaking). Heck, I could go so far as to say that the story could, to a great extent, revolve around the creation of keychains but I "fear the flames". lol

they lack keychain loops

A

Azrael

Okay, okay, i know this may have been said before, and I'm sorry if it has, but in the end of the KH2:FM BBS video thingy (when Ven, Aqua and Terra fight MX and DS.) Mickey has the Star Seeker.

Now don't you find this a bit odd? Because we know keychains are made from memories, right? Because Oathkeeper is Sora's memories of Kairi, Oblivion is Sora's memories of Riku blah blah blah. Then if Mickey got the Star Seeker, he must have had memories of Sid's Tower thningy, where we know he trained.

So if Mickey has got the Star Seeker keychain, which represents his memories of his training, then how come Sora gets the exact same keychain 11 years later? Because for them to have the exact same keychain and keyblade, wouldn't that mean they would have had the same memories of the place, which we know we didn't.

And also, at the time, what Keyblade did Mickey have? Because we know that Mickey recieved the Kingdom Key of the Dark Realm when he went to the Dark Realm near the begining of KH, so does he have the Kingdom Key of the Light Realm?

Your thoughts please.

Star Keeper was probably originally Yen Sid's and was given to King Mickey to use.

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com
Probably a stupid question, but after viewing the BBS video after Final Mix I couldn't tell: does Star Seeker even have a keychain during the time of BBS? It'd be interesting if it didn't, but it's possible that I just didn't see it.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Probably a stupid question, but after viewing the BBS video after Final Mix I couldn't tell: does Star Seeker even have a keychain during the time of BBS? It'd be interesting if it didn't, but it's possible that I just didn't see it.

Yes it does, and you can also see it in a screenshot from Coded.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Considering it's star-themed and Yen Sid has a star theme, it could be memories of him, his tower, or training with him. Or it could be his own memories.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not so concerned about the keychains since I have a feeling it will be sort of explained in BBS but more of why Mickey needed to get the IKK in the first place when he had SS. Shouldn't any key close any door, be it on the dark side or the light? Was it for the sake of wandering through the darkness without being noticed? (just curious.)

The keychains might symbolically represent the memories of a person's relationship to whoever holds the Keyblade, but I don't think they are directly made from memories but are rather influenced by them.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I'm not so concerned about the keychains since I have a feeling it will be sort of explained in BBS but more of why Mickey needed to get the IKK in the first place when he had SS. Shouldn't any key close any door, be it on the dark side or the light? Was it for the sake of wandering through the darkness without being noticed? (just curious.)

The keychains might symbolically represent the memories of a person's relationship to whoever holds the Keyblade, but I don't think they are directly made from memories but are rather influenced by them.

Mickey would need to close the Door to Light though, not the Door to Darkness from the side of the Light Realm. Perhaps he needed a Dark Realm Keyblade for it to work.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Mickey had two Keyblade. The Star Seeker was a light realm keyblade that he had during BBS, and continued to have until he got the Dark Realm Keyblade near the end of KH1. He still had the light realm Keyblade, but he was using the Dark Realm one from there on out, and at some point he gave the light realm keychain back to Yen Sid.
So the Star Seeker is both now, a keychain and keyblade?

A

Audo

It was always just a keychain. It's just that Mickey had a light-realm Keyblade for it at the time.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
That's what I thought, but you also used the term keyblade so I was unsure. I'm more concerned with where that light realm one went...

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com

Your thoughts please.

~ those keychains are symbolic of sora's memories of riku and kairi only. they don't necessarily say whether a keychain is made up of memories or not. in fact, who and what makes a keyblade is one of the greatest mysteries of this game.

UnstoppableSound

Your thoughts please.

When theorizing and interpreting things in Kingdom Hearts, you can't be too strict and exact. There are a lot of exceptions and several cases where something doesn't follow something Nomura or the game said exactly. That's the first thing you should know.

Second, Mickey's keyblade originally is the Star Seeker, and yes, that means he obtained the Kingdom Key of the Dark Realm later on. He wielded no keyblade before that, seeing as how his first steps in being a keyblade-wielder were taken under Yen Sid's wing.

The Star Seeker keyblade is just a keyblade that is associated with Yen Sid and his tower, not Mickey's memories of the place. Sora inherits this keychain once he enters the tower and goes under the instruction of Yen Sid himself, and therefore, it makes complete sense that Sora would be able to use the Star Seeker keychain afterwards.

Giving the Star Seeker keyblade to Mickey during the Birth By Sleep video, and also some screens of him training under Yen Sid in the Birth By Sleep game, is just Nomura's way of showing us that the video and the game are part of the past, when Mickey was still Yen Sid's student. Don't think too much into this, there are no hidden secrets or riddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back